NSW annual pub crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant promise that mate. but i think your safe as theres no belgian cafe on the list this time.

Belgian has really fallen from grace.

I too would prefer to skip the ride there and back on the dry ferry

Would prefer to try some of the newer craft beer establishments round newtown etc

hope to see you there mate.

The Heritage was missed once cause it had few good tap beers (great bottled beers though) and we lunched at Harts to support Scotty Morgan's venture. Was a great stop anyway. Not far from each other. What if we do Lowenbrau, LN, AH then Harts and jump on trains for Newtown. Some one compile a list of good inner city bars and we may head back to sample some, or maybe finish at the Taphouse. Bugger if I fancy the LONG walk from Harts to (say) The Pumphouse - too freeking far. That James Squire place at Darling Harbour still open?

welcome back Bjorn!

winkle said:
It's vaguely possible that I will be in Sydney that weekend Fatz. ;)

always welcome young fella! Would have loved to come to latest Brisbane crawl but too early in the year. Maybe the winter crawl?

Fatgodzilla said:
The Heritage was missed once cause it had few good tap beers (great bottled beers though) and we lunched at Harts to support Scotty Morgan's venture. Was a great stop anyway. Not far from each other. What if we do Lowenbrau, LN, AH then Harts and jump on trains for Newtown. Some one compile a list of good inner city bars and we may head back to sample some, or maybe finish at the Taphouse. Bugger if I fancy the LONG walk from Harts to (say) The Pumphouse - too freeking far. That James Squire place at Darling Harbour still open?

welcome back Bjorn!
The James Squre one changed hands. Can't remember the name exactly...King St brewpub.
Good place to go on the weekend if you've got kids.

I'd love to come if there's room for more. There's a bunch of great little places in and around newtown; would be keen to end up around there (has my vote over a manly leg).

The union is at the top of my ( to go to for real beer and sport) pubs list

im definately up for a stop at the following places. frankies pizza, baxter inn on Clarence, shady pin and mojo record bar.

come along fletcher the more the merrier.

Fatgodzilla said:

welcome back Bjorn!
Re: "...Bugger if I fancy the LONG walk from Harts to (say) The Pumphouse - too freeking far..."

Thanks for the mental 'lift' re my physical conditioning! (even at 3 score plus...) eg. my last overnight at the Australian included Low, LN, Harts, Redoak, Pump, Schwartz and Pumphouse. Then walked back to the Australian to meet Mrs Rumpole for tea & bed. 3.5km between Australian & The Local, 45 min walk.

Come on Norm, Life Be In It!

X Thy

(flame suit on)

Yep,
It's on again and I'm in, at least partly (old man like me can't go the full distance anymore), probably do the breakfast bit and bail out sometime in the afternoon!
Pity Manly didn't turn out ok last year, but you can't blame Murray's for that. If I remember right only 3 or 4 made it over to the beaches, what would be the Oktober Fest with lots of beer, but no crowd?!?
Good to see Bjorn taking part, see if I can drum up one or two NBBC members to join in.
Pete

after the replies lets lock it in.
get your leave passes boys and girls.
i look forward to seeing most of you again and meeting those that i havent.
ill see if i cant put together a route for approval.

thylacine said:
Re: "...Bugger if I fancy the LONG walk from Harts to (say) The Pumphouse - too freeking far..."

... 3.5km between Australian & The Local, 45 min walk.
exactly - this is a pub crawl, not the City to Surf! :p

Fatgodzilla said:
exactly - this is a pub crawl, not the City to Surf! :p
Came across the link below while preparing for an upcoming week in Prague.

Thought of you. eg no walking; tables just need bedpans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3rycV_arAg

Cheers

Latest posts

Back