2011 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what Saturday suits?

• 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14th

• 21st

• 28th

• Total voters
bjorn.jpg

Bjorn, Cascade in "the Belgian"? :icon_cheers:

Had a great time today, guys. Thanks to everyone who came along and made it such a nice day.

Mike, sorry for boring you with water chemistry talk :eek: )

not at all, and considering the state I was in I seemd to have retained most of the information. (Sydney water = 8) :beer:

great night, good to meet you all

Only managed to make the Taphouse, Pumphouse and Taphouse. But had a great evening with good company and some very enjoyable beers. Maibock and Weizen Eisbock the most memorable for me.

Walked in the door a little after midnight after waiting for what seemed like half an hour but probably closer to 10 minutes for a cab at the station... in short sleeves... after letting a family with two kids cut in front of me and take the last taxi.

Just got home - damm that's a long taxi ride :blink:
The full sign went up after the Pumphouse, so got a feed and train.
Thanks for a good day fellas even if it got rather hazy toward the end, I should get a few guys to come down with me next year.

Awoke at Barls at 10.30 this morning (I think I was tired). We finally got back there at god knows what time - did the tourist thrill and went over the Harbour Bridge!!

After a five hour trip, finally back in Moruya. Great time had and some marvellous beers tasted. Doc's Synapse at both Harts and The Taphouse were sensational as was seeing the man twice throughout the day. His Zephyr (double wit?) was a ripper too - loved the Harts Pub all round.

Only low points was no Nelson's Blood on tap at The Nelson and no belgium gold available at the Belgian Beer Cafe. Fu%@ing sour beers are crap. Some of you blokes have your taste buds well and trully off sync.

Great to catch a number of new people who were all called Peter or Michael and James Bond. And to see the old faces.

Thoughts for next year - meet at the Lowenbrau then do a ferry trip to Manly for The Four Pines & Murrays. Then back to Sydney and a dinner / beer meal. Keep you informed.

lastly great to see the Winkle man and missus in town - both are great people, lovely company and pissheads.

Bloody enjoyable time!

Glad to hear a tops time was had!!!! booking annual leave for next year!
Quick question,did the Lowenbrau have Mai Bock and Paulaner Salvator on tap ive got next Friday off and am planning to venture in there to try!!!
cheers humulus :icon_chickcheers:

Glad to hear a tops time was had!!!! booking annual leave for next year!
Quick question,did the Lowenbrau have Mai Bock and Paulaner Salvator on tap ive got next Friday off and am planning to venture in there to try!!!
cheers humulus :icon_chickcheers:
yes and yes on both beers.

Thoughts for next year - meet at the Lowenbrau then do a ferry trip to Manly for The Four Pines & Murrays. Then back to Sydney and a dinner / beer meal. Keep you informed.
Isn't there a Bavarian Bier Caf over there too? I'm sure they do those Mango Weizens that you love so much there too Fatz! ;)

Found a few photos on my phone, forgot I had taken them.......

First two from when we collided with a hen's party at the Nelson and they needed to pose with a "James Bond Look-a-like" The other would be Fatz with his hoegaarden in a pretty glass....
14052011138.jpg
14052011139.jpg

14052011140.jpg

Thanks to everybody for a graet day. It was good to finally put faces
to a lot of names.

What time did yoget home Steve??

Regards

Graeme

Hey Graeme i left the taphouse just after 10 pm and i got home about 1:20 am woke up at about 7:30 this morning no sign of a hang over just tired, ill be going to bed early tonight i think

cheers steve

Just wanted to throw my 2c in.
Brilliant day. It was one of the best days out on the cans I have had.

Great people, conversations, amazing beer.

I had a great time guys, congrats to all who had greater staying power than I.

Josh

Herself has located the camera so I'll stick some pics up after work. She also found some glass-like objects that I don't remember 'finding', and informs me that I was dribbling shite3 by the time we got to Harts - I blame the impressive array of beers that needed drinking.
Look us up if any of you lot are up this way for a beer or 20.

some mobile pics from the belgian, walking to king street wharf then later at the tap house.
The last one is Josh's double icebock.

photo__13_.JPG

photo__12_.JPG

photo__11_.JPG

photo__10_.JPG

photo__9_.JPG

photo__8_.JPG

photo__7_.JPG

photo__6_.JPG

photo__5_.JPG

photo__4_.JPG

photo__3_.JPG

photo__2_.JPG

photo__1_.JPG

photo.JPG

Sorry I didn't get everyone, particularly Winkle and prettier half coming all the way from Brisbane.

Got some finally.

zzj_IMGP2601.jpg

zzj_IMGP2602.jpg

zzj_IMGP2603.jpg

zzj_IMGP2604.jpg

zzj_IMGP2605.jpg

zzj_IMGP2606.jpg

and a couple more...

zzj_IMGP2607.jpg

zzj_IMGP2608.jpg

zzj_IMGP2609.jpg

zzj_IMGP2610.jpg