Sydney Ahb Pub Crawl May 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the map on page 5 - The Map!

We, and by that I mean Linz and I; are commencing at the Lowenbrau at 9:00am for all of those German beer and breakfast lovers. It's a good meeting point too.........mmmmmm....mangoweizen 500ml this year - none of this pansy ass (can I say ass?) 300ml stuff......

What happend to the "Australian" on that map Mel....

I'll be there.

The map doesn't show any times, other than 9am at the Lurvenbroy. Can someone who is going at the start PM me a mobile number? I am not sure if I will make the start so need to find out where to catch up.

Berp.

I'm glad that I'll no longer be needed to carry glasses for Schooey (not that I did last time either).

This is my belated birthday pubcrawl, and I need to cheer myself up after the engine repairs to the Weiz-mobile (timing belt, etc).

Les out

HaHa!

Schooey may have scored a free pass... The wife's art class was cancelled! Looks like you might have to carry the glasses this year, Les.. and pose for pics with strange asian tourists... :lol:

I saw the Yes-mobile on the back of a tilt tray heading south on Lake Road near Glendale late last week, I thought you might have sold it...

whoo whoo its now the Les,Schooey and Franko show

Controller has confirmed. Im in as well. Im up for breakfast maibocks. :icon_cheers:

cheers
Andrew.

HaHa!

Schooey may have scored a free pass... The wife's art class was cancelled! Looks like you might have to carry the glasses this year, Les.. and pose for pics with strange asian tourists... :lol:

I saw the Yes-mobile on the back of a tilt tray heading south on Lake Road near Glendale late last week, I thought you might have sold it...
Still not sure how I'm getting to the station for the early start to the train trip, but I'm working on it.

The show must go on, dammit!

I called the Lowenbrau and they're happy to open at 9:00am for us. The 'plan' is that we start there as a meeting place for everyone. We usually end up there until 11:00am so for the stragglers, I guess we'll be at the Nelson by 11:30am and the Taphouse by say 7pm?

pose for pics with strange asian tourists...

OOhh....that sounds like a theme......let's see how many other people's photo's we can get into.....must include the obligatory tourist V for victory finger salute.....

I've pulled a four day weekend to work my way up to - and down from the crawl - a la "Rocky IV" :beerbang:

I have told the Lowenbrau we're on a "Progressive Beer Tasting'.........lol :party: - I had trouble not laughing when I was speaking to them. Not sure if Reinhardt's getting up early to greet us, but we'll be meeting outside, at the long tables - same as last year from 9:00am for those of us with a penchant for the breakfast bevvy. Maybe we can get some pre-beer photos in........though highly unlikely.

I called the Lowenbrau and they're happy to open at 9:00am for us. The 'plan' is that we start there as a meeting place for everyone. We usually end up there until 11:00am so for the stragglers, I guess we'll be at the Nelson by 11:30am and the Taphouse by say 7pm?

Little Squares ,I dont know how you do it 9.00am to 7pm sounds more like a marathon

Pumpy :)

gotta work on Sat arvo :angry:

but hope to finish up around 4 B)

I'll call linz or franko to find out where you are :party:

Franko - reckon you can finish that logo by then? :lol:

Little Squares ,I dont know how you do it 9.00am to 7pm sounds more like a marathon

Pumpy :)

Pumpy, I think I'm only gonna make it as far as the Rocks Pubs are concerned by foot.......haven't been feeling too well and the legs aren't great - no wheelchairs though......Linz refuses! I'll contemplate calling a Lime Taxi later on (Squires or Belgian perhaps) and as they fit around 6-8 people, we can all taxi to the Squires or Macquarie, saving our sore, tired, thirsty feet/knees/ankles.....

I'm taking the slower route this year. Staying at the Lowenbrau until say 11ish to wait for everyone to turn up, then off to the Nelson for a decent tasting as we've previously rushed ourselves there, then a slow mosie to the Belgian where I plan to waste $$$ drinking Tripel Karmeliet and others.....if I make it any further I'll be amazed. I don't want to be racing around this year.

For anyone coming from the Macarthur/Camden area there's a train leaving Macarthur Station at 7:50am (via the Airport Line) which will get us to Circular Quay at approx 9:15am.

I'll be on the Northshore train leaving Hornsby at 8.30 - (Wynyard 9.14) with Liam (QA)

Underscore

ill probably be there around 9 getting on the blue mountains train at 7:37 If i can get there in time... if i miss it i may be a hour or so late.

Latest posts

Back