Sydney Ahb Pub Crawl May 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
OK as I am about a week away from living in the greatest place on earth, I reckon we might need to organise a AHB Sydney pub crawl.........again.
There are some new venues that need to be included & this could mean a boat trip. Any takers????

In no particular order

The Local Tap House in Darlinghurst
4 Pines in Manly
Belgian Cafe on the wharf @ Manly
The Australian @ The Rocks
The Lord Nelson @ The Rocks
RedOak in Clarence Street ( free glass with each beer purchased!)
James Squire BrewHouse King Street Wharf

Add a few venues & we can work out a map.
So where do you reckon we can get to?

Cheers
Gerard

Gotta give the new Tap House a run and while you're on that side of town the Macquarie

After going to last years one

I AM SO IN. where do i sign.
:D

I think the Maquarie / Local Taphouse should be included for sure.
Maybe even start on that side of the city and then head towards the rocks.

So the reverse order of last year?

Isnt the Taphouse the name of a bar at the airport - or is there another one in the city ?

Since it's no where near my wife's b'day, like the last 2 years where, I am definitely going to this one. Free glasses from Redoak with a beer purchase, thats nothing new is it? I thought they where always free, oops

Is there an actual date? Bearing in mind that Big Brew day is 2.5.09

cheers

grant

This is a completely selfish date proposal.

Weekend 8th-9th May or 15th-16 May.

Another thread to follow. LOL

matti

Sounds very tempting!
Especially with the addition of the Local Taphouse and 4 Pines, which i'm yet to visit.
I'll be pencilling this one in as a definate maybe.

As I didn't make the last informal gathering just before Christmas (damn grey boats breaking down!) I'll throw my two bobs in for 15/16 May.

Either way I can submit an application to SWMBO with a pretty high chance of it being approved and depending on the weekend she'll probably want to come along as well!

Will there be arm-wrestling ? :p

And how many people will crucify me if I attend ? :lol:

Seriously though, this is a great idea. My missuz is having her 30th in May, and I'm probabnly going to do something special (like shaving !) so i hope the dates wont conflict.

Will there be arm-wrestling ?

Absolutely. At least, towards the end of the day many things could happen. :party:

And how many people will crucify me if I attend ?

7. :D

Count me in. Any weekend in May is probably fine AFAIK.

Good to see you back, Gerard. Any chance you could bring that pram along this time too. :ph34r:

Good to see you back, Gerard. Any chance you could bring that pram along this time too. :ph34r:

Looking forward to being back Stu. Riley will only be 10 months old so there is a chance a pram could turn up.
Might have to have a Saturday night tasting session back at Paddys too, see ya by the Giraffes!
Cheers
Gerard

Looking forward to being back Stu. Riley will only be 10 months old so there is a chance a pram could turn up.
Might have to have a Saturday night tasting session back at Paddys too, see ya by the Giraffes!
Cheers
Gerard

Flemington ?

im in if its later in the month as i dont get back in the country till around the 9th.

I'm in. Be good to meet you all and put faces to names. Na stuff yous all. I'm in for the beer :D

Back