Sydney Ahb Pub Crawl May 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pissed I couldn't make the crawl this year - hopefully next - Looking forward to the pics guys/gals :party:

Cheers Ross

I'd think you would have been pissed if you could make it too Ross. Along with everybody else.

For some ungodly reason I was up at 8.30am this morning....maybe its the bobcat earthworks next door!!

From memory kicked off at the Lowenbrau.Ross(Richmond.not QLD was first there; thank god he was wearing his AHB shirt!) and the breaky beers were on! Harrassed to order the Traditional bavarian breakfast, but refused to buckle. Majority of crawl participants arrive in dribs and drabs. Best part was watching the market going couples come past and see Husbands look at as drinking at 10am and smile, then watch their wife look at us and throw a disgusting look in our direction, an absolute crawl pleaser!!

Stayed there till near 11.30 and moved to The Lord Nelson. Worked my way thru most of the beers there too aided by a couple of bowls of crisps. Also later to reveal, in atleast one instance, to be the home of the second porcine disease...the swine spew!! Also more attendees arrived and time swept on to about 3pm

The next stop was a frag bomb in the group...Some moved on to the Australian for the traditional Pizzas and beer whilst some went for the Euro delights of the belgian..Mell and I took the later option as there were up hills to manouver..and partook of lunch. The crowd from the Australian met up with us at the belgian...then We moved on to The Macquarie(by taxi, for some and Train for others) while some of the crowd went to Redoak and the Squires brewery at Darling Harbour..

At the Mac we took in a few of the beers for another several hours where the remains of the group disintergated to the Taphouse and Mell and I were summons back to the Lowenbrau by an insatiable Franko and Pumpy, and they had got the attention of the owner and we had our dinner around the 9.30 - 10pm mark

There endeth the night!! If you were looking for desciptions of the beers we consumed..buggered if I can remember..

Oh, one arguement was, 'Was the Maibock at the Lowenbrau actually the advertised 7.2%?" I thought so. As the alcohol was well hidden in the malt profile as a bock should, but others disagree..I could be wrong..

Great evening and nice to meet up with some great blokes it always is !

I took it easy and did not get a Hangover this morning ,good sign of good beer

pint Victory Bitter ( Lord Nelson )
pint Admirals Blood
Pint Fat Yak ( Australian)
Pint Little creatures
Bottle Silly Saison ( Belgian Beer Cafe )
Bottle Leffe Radius
Half liter Dunkle Weizen ( Lowenbrau)
Half liter HefeWeizen
Half litre Mai bock

Pumpy :)

Yeah. Was a good day. Nice to meet everyone. and great to put some faces to names. No hangover.

I think the Maibock was certainly up around the 7% mark. Who cares if it wasnt. Lovely beer.

cheers
Andrew.

Let's see if I can remember...

Lowenbrau
half of Maibock

Lord Nelson
pint of Old Admiral
pint of Nelsons Blood
pint of Trafalgar Pale Ale
pint of Three Sheets
pint of Victory Bitter

Australian
schooner Little Creatures stimulus IPA
stubby Gulf Brewery Pilsner
Kangaroo pizza

Belgian Bier Cafe
bottle La Guillotine
bottle Timmermans Fruit de la Forest Lambic
bottle Rochefort

Macquarie
schooner Schwartz Pale Ale

Taphouse
large Rocks Brewing Byrnes Red Ale
large Hargreaves Hill ESB
large Two Brothers Growler Brown
large Hofbrau Munich Helles

Paddington Inn
schooner Hoegaarden
schooner Heineken
schooner Heineken
schooner Heineken

Train
red Fanta

Home
large blueberry sugar-free cordial

... yep that looks about right.

Had a great day/night. Ian and I kicked on to the Paddington Inn after the Taphouse. Lost my phone after that, must have left it in the cab which sucks. Then I fell asleep on the train and wound up at Penrith. Coming back I fell asleep and woke up at Central. Then managed to stay awake and got out at Granville.

After a few hours nap, I woke up and felt great. In the afternoon I drove up to Pat's at Faulconbridge to pick up a bag of JW Pale Ale and a bag of Weyermann Vienna and 4 Wyeast packs.

Had a great day/night. Ian and I kicked on to the Paddington Inn after the Taphouse. Lost my phone after that, must have left it in the cab which sucks. Then I fell asleep on the train and wound up at Penrith. Coming back I fell asleep and woke up at Central. Then managed to stay awake and got out at Granville.

HAHA! The things we do. :lol:
What I love is after all that, you still say it's a great night. :rolleyes: :beerbang:

Oh yeah, condolences for the phone....

Jesus Josh, If I drank that much beer i'm sure I woulda lost more than my phone and probably ended up in Darwin!

Impressive :wacko:

The Maibock was my first beer of the day and i can say after finishing it off i felt the warm glow you get after a beer with a high in alcohol content.
I also had no hangover when i woke up i only felt a bit dry but nothing a few waters did not fix.
i got home a few mins after midnight so other than being a long day it was also a grate one and i cant wait to do it again.

Had a uni student's brekky just before six (a yawn, a fart and a bit of a look around) and caught the train to Circular Quay, getting in about half nine and wandered dow to the Lowenbrau...

Pie for brekky...

Pint Mango Weizen
2 pints Hopfbrau Maibock

up to the Nelson

4 pints Old Admiral

on to the Australian

Bottle of Gulf Humpack
schooner fat yak
schooner LCPA
schooner Stimulus IPA
another schooner of LCPA to wash the taste of the previous away

on to the Belgian

bottle of Rochefort 10
bottle of Rodenbach
bottle of something else ridiculously overpriced but I cant remember what

on to the Mac

3 schooners Dark Bier Schwarz

on to the taphouse

3 pints Kostritzer schwarz

walk down the hill to Central

mandatory kebab with garlic and chilli sauce to decorate front of shirt with

two bottles of Fat Yak at the Central Pub

home again home again jiggity jig

Had a uni student's brekky just before six (a yawn, a fart and a bit of a look around) and caught the train to Circular Quay, getting in about half nine and wandered dow to the Lowenbrau...

Pie for brekky...

Pint Mango Weizen
2 pints Hopfbrau Maibock

up to the Nelson

4 pints Old Admiral

on to the Australian

Bottle of Gulf Humpack
schooner fat yak
schooner LCPA
schooner Stimulus IPA
another schooner of LCPA to wash the taste of the previous away

on to the Belgian

bottle of Rochefort 10
bottle of Rodenbach
bottle of something else ridiculously overpriced but I cant remember what

on to the Mac

3 schooners Dark Bier Schwarz

on to the taphouse

3 pints Kostritzer schwarz

walk down the hill to Central

mandatory kebab with garlic and chilli sauce to decorate front of shirt with

two bottles of Fat Yak at the Central Pub

home again home again jiggity jig
I had pretty much the same except:

Schooey confiscated my Old Admiral due to slow consumption at the Lord Nelson,
The other ridiculously overpriced beer at the Belgian was probably another Rodenbach.
I only had a half liter of Kostritzer at the Taphouse,
I had the same KEB and I think that the Fat Yak saved me from having a fat yak after eating the greasy, lubey mixed Keb (which I could not finish, surprisingly).

Stats for the day:
Tranny spotting - total of 4
saying "Don't judge me" - total of 15
Nipples grappled - a gentleman never tells - total of 17
requests for nipple attention - total of 3
number of hands shaken - total of 25
softest hands - Andrew Walsh
tastiest ear - Redbeard
worst attitude in a cab/ most Eurasian taxi drivers upset - Redbeard

Then up to Murray's today for a few quiet ones and maybe one rowdy one

I had a great day with you all on Saturday.

It was a shame I had to go home when I did, but I had blown all my money and had a good innings.

It was great to catch up with some familiar faces and meet some new ones.

You are all a great bunch of guys and girls.

Barls, I ams till not talking to you... :lol: I am far too jealous of your Westvleteren find. :icon_drool2:

Cheers
Josh

i must say it was funny to see though. i had 3 different people refuse to talk to after they found out about those.
les you asked me at least that number and im sure i saw at least 4 more requests.

Had a great time on Saturday. Apologies for ducking out early. And what do you mean by soft hands, Weizguy???

Anyway, some pics...

IMG_0142.jpg
Peace, RabbitGirl.

IMG_0147.jpg
Barry and Trev at the Lord Nelson, trying to work out who has the best AHB name.

IMG_0149.jpg
Spot the VB

Berp.

A few random beer shots

The breakfast Maibock, at the Lowenbrau
The Gulf range at the Australian hotel
A Belgian, at the Belgian

and

Someone had the nerve to order a VB.... not sure who the guilty one is, but they should be ashamed.

SL371588.JPG

SL371592.JPG

SL371595.JPG

SL371596.JPG

Latest posts

Back