Sydney Ahb Pub Crawl May 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is this I keep reading about Redoak and free glasses?

They loan you a pair of spectacles so you read the price list .

as you may be struggling to believe what you are reading .

I usually give that place a miss and go straight down to The james Squire in DH

Pumpy :)

Just checked the calender and found there are a special Birthday falling on the 16th May.
I hope you can make it Dane. ;)

OK,

Ive just spotted that I have a 4 day break on the tues-fri, so a bit of roster swapping to do to shift the 4 days so it covers the weekend...

and Ive put a deposit on a wheel chair B) ;)

OK,

Ive just spotted that I have a 4 day break on the tues-fri, so a bit of roster swapping to do to shift the 4 days so it covers the weekend...

and Ive put a deposit on a wheel chair B) ;)

Linz I hope you are not pushing the F#@*ng wheelchair with Little Squares in it again .

Boozy the clown ,Franko and Ross have not had the mental stability since you let Little squares crash into the the concrete freeway underpass with all the drama that went with injuring her ankle or the underpass .

and that was before you had a drink .

Tell LS to walk its far more healthier for everyone .

pumpy

:lol:

Gerard's holding out on us Jez...

Fagin (pronounced /ˈfeɪɡɪn/) is a fictional character who appears in the Charles Dickens novel Oliver Twist, referred to in the preface of the novel as a "receiver of stolen goods", but referred to more frequently within the actual story as the "merry old gentleman" or simply the "Jew".

pumpy :)

I just found out yesterday I can't go. :(

A stuff up between SWMBO and me due to work commitments of hers and my inability to listen when surfing. :lol:

So have fun. I'll be thinking of you. :( :party:

its a shame about the redoak hate, i drank/ate there not long ago, parted with $180 for me and the missus and was very happy, drunk myself silly and ate some awesome food, entre and main, dessert for the lady, 6 beers including their wee heavy which i fell in love with. I'm more than happy to pay for ambiance.

I'll add a vote for 4 Pines in Manly. Stumbled in there purely by accident the other night(was planning dinner down stairs at the African place).

Ended up staying for a parma and a bit of the open mic night.

They had a batch on the go while we were there, lovely aroma of malt wafted out every 20 or 30 mins, must have been the hop additions to the kettle.

I haven't been keeping up with things lately, but is this pub crawl on for the 16th of May?

If so, I will be in Sydney that day and would be great to catch up!

Berp.

its a shame about the redoak hate, i drank/ate there not long ago, parted with $180 for me and the missus and was very happy, drunk myself silly and ate some awesome food, entre and main, dessert for the lady, 6 beers including their wee heavy which i fell in love with. I'm more than happy to pay for ambiance.

+1
I would support these guys many times over the Mac, as their beers simply taste good and have an emphasis on quality. In a state of unemployment, and against all fiscal sensibility, I still bought two of their $15 baltic porters because they were so good.
They are expensive, but superior, but that is craft beer.

There is an added bonus if you get there at 5:30 because you can laugh at how the suits drink their boutique beers.

OK - so can anyone come up with a plan so I can get the map underway.......it's a bloody long way from the Lord Nelson to the Taphouse so taxi's may apply.......

Screw it....I just created a map based on last year's crawl with a swim from Manly thrown in....

2009_ahb_crawlathon.jpg

So you're not having one of each at the Taphouse?

I'm up for a crawl across from the Rocks to Darlo.

How does this look?:

Mango Wiezen Breakfast @ Lowenbrau
Beer with the brewer at the Lord Nelson (maybe a tour by Damien if there are enough interested?)
Lunch at the Australian
One or two fortifying Belgians for the walk to Darlo
Schwartz Pale Ale at the Macca to recoup from the walk
A bus or walk up Flinders St to the Taphouse until we're ready to stagger downhill to Central

No 40 min ride on the ferry plus walk to eat up time if Manly is on the list. Mostly brewpubs or micro-friendly bars.

My 2c
I agree, I don't think I'd make it all the way from Manly to Darlo, it's a very long walk......I'm just going to have brekky with hubby and anyone game enough at the Lowenbrau and hit the Nelson next.......I'd rather go somewhere else for lunch though, then on to the Belgian for some glassware, um, I mean tripels (price wise as well) then to the redoak or squires, macquarie and taphouse if I can climb the mountain.......I was actually thinking of hiring a booze bus for us, but it depends on how many want to kick in - it would save us precious drinking hours.......

Yes, I'm back again. I just found a company who will ferry us around from pub to pub all day for $30 each if we have 20 people on board......anyone for drinking and not walking? May turn this into a poll....

I'd meet you chaps for one along the way somewhere but I'll be on honeymoon. Denied.

I agree, I don't think I'd make it all the way from Manly to Darlo, it's a very long walk......I'm just going to have brekky with hubby and anyone game enough at the Lowenbrau and hit the Nelson next.......I'd rather go somewhere else for lunch though, then on to the Belgian for some glassware, um, I mean tripels (price wise as well) then to the redoak or squires, macquarie and taphouse if I can climb the mountain.......I was actually thinking of hiring a booze bus for us, but it depends on how many want to kick in - it would save us precious drinking hours.......
You know that I'm not intimidated by anyone here, so I'll do my best to get there for breakfast.

As for the bus, that sounds like a bulk buy,...so - we'll need a poll :lol:
I'm OK to chip in, or OK to walk. Go with the flow... B)

Latest posts

Back