Sydney Ahb Pub Crawl May 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That time of year again. Cant wait.

Kabooby :party:

Awesome, and I like the idea of the Manly bars.
Count me in (for the moment!).

Oh yeah,

Gerard cant wait-good to have you back mate

Franko

Oh yeah,

Gerard cant wait-good to have you back mate

Franko

Can't wait to be back Frank. I could even turn out next Saturday in the whites if required.
I am thinking of starting the crawl at Manly, with breakfast at the Belgian joint on the wharf, then a few at 4Pines before taking a Harbour cruise.
The Australian, Lord Nelson, $RedOak$, JS Brewhouse. I guess we will have a few variations on the route between now & then.
Cheers
Gerard

Can't wait to be back Frank. I could even turn out next Saturday in the whites if required.
I am thinking of starting the crawl at Manly, with breakfast at the Belgian joint on the wharf, then a few at 4Pines before taking a Harbour cruise.
The Australian, Lord Nelson, $RedOak$, JS Brewhouse. I guess we will have a few variations on the route between now & then.
Cheers
Gerard
Heard you were heading back north, was down in Warrnambool for Valentines Day with the other half and we ventured to the FHB but you had already gone by 4pm Sat.

Dirty Angel was our pick but bottled product (for later on) was nothing like on tap, top beer.

Cheers, Andrew.

That's a big spread of venues here, Gerard. Could be a little ambitious.

Look forward to a Paddy's get-together. Hope it's before May. ;)

Why May, though. I anticipated April, coz it's been Aplril in the past. It's my b'day in April and I don't think I can wait until May. :rolleyes:

or should I start the "Official" Sydney pub crawl in a rival thread?? :lol:

C U's there
Les

im in if its later in the month as i dont get back in the country till around the 9th.

Since I can't make the Barls Buck's Day Brew Day, I'll happily vote for the 15th May for Barl's First Domestic As a Married Man (Sorry Dear The Honeymoon Is Over) for a tour of the tart called Sydney.

Where the Dargons playing that weekend ?

Heard you were heading back north, was down in Warrnambool for Valentines Day with the other half and we ventured to the FHB but you had already gone by 4pm Sat.

Dirty Angel was our pick but bottled product (for later on) was nothing like on tap, top beer.

Cheers, Andrew.

Andrew
The bottles would have been the end of the previous batch while the draught beer was only the 1st or 2nd keg of a new batch. Glad you liked them.
Cheers
Gerard

That's a big spread of venues here, Gerard. Could be a little ambitious.

Look forward to a Paddy's get-together. Hope it's before May. ;)

C U's there
Les

Yes Les there will be a big Paddys night when I get back & a few things get sorted. April will be a good time, hopefully before Easter. Double Belgian Chocolate ice cream sandwiches with Porter sounds good to me.
Cheers
Gerard

OK as I am about a week away from living in the greatest place on earth.....

Bwahahahaha.....good one G.

I'll see what my dates are around that time. Unfortunately have to spend a little time in Sydney several times per year now. Will try and coincide to make the trip more enjoyable :p

Just to clarify it is actually the Bavarian Bier Cafe on the wharf @ Manly and not the Belgian beer cafe.

Or is there both :unsure:

Kabooby :)

Bwahahahaha.....good one G.

I'll see what my dates are around that time. Unfortunately have to spend a little time in Sydney several times per year now. Will try and coincide to make the trip more enjoyable :p

4 million people can't be wrong Brett!
If you are headed south anytime bring your clubs. Weds arvos are for golf. If I don't get out to play on Weds arvo it is because I managed to get an early morning game with my Dad & his mates.
Cheers
Gerard

It may be a Bavarian joint, it is definately on a wharf.

Its a great spot. I spent my last birthday in Manly and had breakfast at the Bavarian Bier cafe on the wharf. Bacon & eggs with a Hefe goes down a treat.

Kabooby :)

The Local Tap House in Darlinghurst
4 Pines in Manly
Belgian Cafe on the wharf @ Manly
The Australian @ The Rocks
The Lord Nelson @ The Rocks
RedOak in Clarence Street ( free glass with each beer purchased!)
James Squire BrewHouse King Street Wharf

Date - need to plan something in May .. have we locked in a date as yet ?

16th May 2009 .. my choice but flexible as long as I can find out pretty soon !

Can't be first weekend in May - Big Brew Day (May 2)

Mother's Day 10th May therefore the 9th May is no good either

Anything else on in a Saturday in May to stop it being a contender ?

16/5 sounds good to me

does not clash with Sunday sport so that is good.

BTW going off your crawl list: 4 pines / taphouse don't open till lunchtime, we will probably have to start down at the rocks with breakfast weizens like last time.....

16/5 sounds good to me

does not clash with Sunday sport so that is good.

BTW going off your crawl list: 4 pines / taphouse don't open till lunchtime, we will probably have to start down at the rocks with breakfast weizens like last time.....

I'll leave the itinerary entirely in the hands of the Sydneysiders - I got lost last year !

16th May sounds ok AFAIK.

That itinerary seems a bit ambitious. If we're doing Manly, I think that all the way up to the Local Taphouse seems a bit of a walk. I'd certainly like to get to the Taphouse though. Hmmm.

Latest posts

Back