Sydney Ahb Pub Crawl May 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16th May sounds ok AFAIK.

That itinerary seems a bit ambitious. If we're doing Manly, I think that all the way up to the Local Taphouse seems a bit of a walk. I'd certainly like to get to the Taphouse though. Hmmm.

I had a quick look at the transport website the other day at work, and there's a bus stop right outside the Taphouse. That's definitely an option from the Redoak.
Plus, as a finishing point, it's only a 10min or so stagger back to Central... DOWNHILL... past another few pubs.

Good point, Pete. That would work. So are people in favour of starting in Manly?

4 Pines, Manly
Bavarian Cafe on the wharf, Manly
(Lowenbru??)
The Lord Nelson, The Rocks
The Australian, The Rocks
Redoak, Clarence Street (actually I'm much prefer the Belgian Beer Cafe than the Redoak. Which one is the people's choice? Or just do both. B) )
James Squire BrewHouse, King Street Wharf (before the Redoak? include this or not if we're going to the Taphouse?)
The Local Tap House, Darlinghurst

Stu,

4 Pines does not open on a Saturday until 11
Bavarian opens at 8.30 according to their website.

If it is going to be manly, would be best to make the Bavarian first.

I like the rest of the itinerary tho

No preference between the Belgian/ Redoak

Ok. So how about this then.

4 Pines, Manly
(Lowenbru??)
Redoak, Clarence Street (actually I'm much prefer the Belgian Beer Cafe than the Redoak. Which one is the people's choice? Or just do both. cool.gif )
James Squire BrewHouse, King Street Wharf (before the Redoak? include this or not if we're going to the Taphouse?)

Would join in from the Lord Nelson onwards.
Redoak/Belgian equally as expensive, lets do both.
I think Tap house over JS just because its new and has some cool beers.

Oh dear.. better go check out Ebay and see if I can find a humidicrib for the wallet, after this little adventure it's gonna need some time in the ICU...

Ok. So how about this then.

4 Pines, Manly
(Lowenbru??)
Redoak, Clarence Street (actually I'm much prefer the Belgian Beer Cafe than the Redoak. Which one is the people's choice? Or just do both. cool.gif )

As you know, I'm not fussy :p

but just thinking of last year ..

The Australian also the lunch stop

then Belgium Cafe, then Redoak

Where's tea at ?

Is that JS Brewhouse where we played pool last year?

never been to the Taphouse .. sounds good !

What we will need is several helicopters if that is going to be the itinerary :D

I might join in when you hit the south shore of the harbour. The amount of time getting to Manly is not that different than Canberra for me. May as well go to the Wig and Pen.

I might join in when you hit the south shore of the harbour. The amount of time getting to Manly is not that different than Canberra for me. May as well go to the Wig and Pen.

Yep, stuff it. I couldn't be bothered wandering the streets & paying overs for beers that I am only 1/2 interested in.
I propose a one-pub crawl. 8 beers on tap at Paddy's by mid-May. $2 per middy with finger food provided.
Cheers
Gerard

If you go to the crawl have too much to drink and abuse kebab sellers .

remember 'a drunk says what a sober man thinks'

pumpy :(

The later in May the more likely I'll be in.
Definitely not on Mothers Day weekend :p

Doc

Yep, stuff it. I couldn't be bothered wandering the streets & paying overs for beers that I am only 1/2 interested in.
I propose a one-pub crawl. 8 beers on tap at Paddy's by mid-May. $2 per middy with finger food provided.
Cheers
Gerard

After spending 300 cold last year, I might meet you all at paddy's... :p

Oh dear.. better go check out Ebay and see if I can find a humidicrib for the wallet, after this little adventure it's gonna need some time in the ICU...

Im in and if your heading down the dreaded F3 schooey maybe we could work something out with regards to transport

Dude, last year Offline, Weizguy and I caught the train. We picked Josh Hardie up on the way.... I was planning on doing similar this year

Dude, last year Offline, Weizguy and I caught the train. We picked Josh Hardie up on the way.... I was planning on doing similar this year

Sweet mate sounds like a plan.
ill keep an eye on the thread and we can work out what train later on

Ill be doing the same thing this year schooey.... was a not to be missed event last time.

Was that an old Blues song? "train, train, train. Train of fools"

Gerard, I thought you were organising the Paddy's gig for April. Are you double-dipping?

I'd like to start at Manly and make it to the Taphouse. Couldn't be a much bigger day than 19 beers last Saturday.

Couldn't be a much bigger day than 19 beers last Saturday.

So you're not having one of each at the Taphouse?

I'm up for a crawl across from the Rocks to Darlo.

How does this look?:

Mango Wiezen Breakfast @ Lowenbrau
Beer with the brewer at the Lord Nelson (maybe a tour by Damien if there are enough interested?)
Lunch at the Australian
One or two fortifying Belgians for the walk to Darlo
Schwartz Pale Ale at the Macca to recoup from the walk
A bus or walk up Flinders St to the Taphouse until we're ready to stagger downhill to Central

No 40 min ride on the ferry plus walk to eat up time if Manly is on the list. Mostly brewpubs or micro-friendly bars.

My 2c

We could stop off at the Columbian along the way but I hear the beer taste like arse

Kabooby :ph34r:

Back