2010 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Book me in for next year!!!
What a great day. :beer: Sorry I had to bail out after the Belgian.
Managed to get two 'Rock" glasses, one had a crack when I arrived home, but not as bad as...
111_0796sm.jpg111_0797sm.jpg
More pic's tomorrow.

Thanks to all who helped me to have a great time.

Pete

They were high quality glasses those ones....

I stumbled in the door just before midnight after having peking duck courtesy of Andrew at some random chinese seafood restaurant.....

Great day though, proud to be the first to arrive and the last to leave on my maiden outing. Many great beers, many very random conversations....Unfortunately no Maibock........

yeah tim was a great night. also great to put names to faces
what was the final tally on glasses everyone??

That was the best breakfast I've had in a while. Could only have ben better if the Maibock Nazi had caved in. Thanks for a great morning guys!

BTW, has anyone got a swing top bottle I could borrow?
I don't think that "Nazi" is an acceptable term. I prefer just to call her Sandra.

What great customer relations skills, though! How she offered to obtain more more Roggenbier for us (which never eventuated), and how the Duty Manager "called" the Manager (who wanted to be the one to tap the Maibock) to see if she could obtain permission to put the keg on (subject to everyone buying a glassful).

Hmm, that does sound a little like hollow appeasement. It was up to me to keep the pressure on.

Gee, I hope we didn't leave her a tip. That would only just encourage that bad behaviour.

I left after being disappointed by the lack of Maibock at the BBC, which clearly had advertised the Maibock on their web page.

The high point of the day was the pub crawl beer swap with Redbeard. Hope you had a great day, Craig. As for me, I rate the day 6/10. Some good points, and some average bits.

I still have the section she tore from our beer menu, who said zee Germans didn't have a sense of humour??

Book me in for next year!!!
What a great day. :beer: Sorry I had to bail out after the Belgian.
Managed to get two 'Rock" glasses, one had a crack when I arrived home, but not as bad as...
View attachment 38025View attachment 38026
More pic's tomorrow.

Thanks to all who helped me to have a great time.

Pete

Those glasses are all class, as soon as we smash thru them there will be new ones. Hope you got a replacement beer though ...

Thanks for coming in. The bar staff commented that you guys were the politest and best behaved pub crawl they have ever seen! Obviously you were missing FG and such ... (just teasing you mate)

Scotty

It sound like you all had a great time. I am jealous as... Family got struck my a Stomach bug including yours truly.
:icon_vomit: :icon_drool2:

I would gladly have swapped yesterday for a six out of ten day with you blokes. :lol:
Oh Fatz! You could have been there if you wanted to...

I'm not sure I will ever understand your bizarre and steadfast sense of honour and duty when it comes to having made a commitment that clashes with:
a) Drinking beer;
B) Drinking beer with AHB'ers;
c) Drinking beer with AHB'ers including me.

Oh Fatz! You could have been there if you wanted to...

I'm not sure I will ever understand your bizarre and steadfast sense of honour and duty when it comes to having made a commitment that clashes with:
a) Drinking beer;
B) Drinking beer with AHB'ers;
c) Drinking beer with AHB'ers including me.

It is my shame and loss.

I will say three Hail Marys and self flagellate and pray for the salvation of my soul.

Thanks for coming in. The bar staff commented that you guys were the politest and best behaved pub crawl they have ever seen! Obviously you were missing FG and such ... (just teasing you mate)

Scotty

Now Scotty you know the rules, what happens at IBU functions stays at IBU functions. At least if I was there the karaoke would have been better :p

That was an awesome pub crawl!
I joined at Lord Nelson's for a couple of beers before we headed to Harts for lunch and trying to drink our way through the menu. Brilliant beers and pubs, both of them!
Then to the Belgian place, guess I am not sophisticated enough to enjoy beers tasting of tutti-frutti, but the others seemed to enjoy the curious kinds of beers they have there :lol:

Then we swung past Red Oaks for a few before finishing at the Tap house. Great place, as well.

Was great to put faces to names on a few people from the forums, and managed to get home not too late!

IMG00214_20100515_1815.jpg
IMG00215_20100515_1815.jpg
IMG00217_20100515_1816.jpg
IMG00219_20100515_1816.jpg
IMG00221_20100515_1930.jpg
IMG00223_20100515_1930.jpg
IMG00225_20100515_1933.jpg
IMG00228_20100515_1938.jpg
IMG00229_20100515_1938.jpg
IMG00232_20100515_1939.jpg

Only took some pics with my mobile at the last part of the night, hoping Peter M from the NBBC has some more from Lord Nelson and Harts?

Also had a chat to a couple of the Canberra brewers who combined the pub crawl with a brewery visit, we should have thought of that.

Thanks for organising it, guys. Was brilliant,

Bjorn

I hope you swam home........ Particularly now that the photos from the Taphouse have been released...

Hey guys,

Is it cool if I repost some of these photos on the Taphouse blog??

If anyone is in the mood, I'd love to post a 100 word (min) piece on the night along with the photos!

Hey BjornJ,

Top pics mate...wish I was there. Was my son's 2nd bday, Hence I had buckleys of coming. I suggested that his dad (which I am certain is me....he is my mini-me) take him out on an all day pub crawl. The wife didnt agree. I thought it was a GREAT idea

anyway...now u got me wondering who is who in the photos mate!!!! BUGGER!

I know Pollux(Tim) and I think I spotted Craig M there too...but otherwise I dont know anyone else.

Rendo

That was an awesome pub crawl!
I joined at Lord Nelson's for a couple of beers before we headed to Harts for lunch and trying to drink our way through the menu. Brilliant beers and pubs, both of them!
Then to the Belgian place, guess I am not sophisticated enough to enjoy beers tasting of tutti-frutti, but the others seemed to enjoy the curious kinds of beers they have there :lol:

Then we swung past Red Oaks for a few before finishing at the Tap house. Great place, as well.

Was great to put faces to names on a few people from the forums, and managed to get home not too late!

Only took some pics with my mobile at the last part of the night, hoping Peter M from the NBBC has some more from Lord Nelson and Harts?

Also had a chat to a couple of the Canberra brewers who combined the pub crawl with a brewery visit, we should have thought of that.

Thanks for organising it, guys. Was brilliant,

Bjorn

Please do!! :) and if u can be phucked, please write who is who in the photos or at least some of them :)

Rendo.

Hey guys,

Is it cool if I repost some of these photos on the Taphouse blog??

If anyone is in the mood, I'd love to post a 100 word (min) piece on the night along with the photos!

Awesome day catching up with you guys.
Brekky at the Lowenbrau with a mangoweizen is the perfect start to the day.

Loved the waitress questioning that one, "you're homebrewers? And you're drinking mangoweizen?"

Latest posts

Back