Adelaide Ahb Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a good night guys. Unfortunately, I'll have to give it a miss as I'll be away on a fishing trip. I'll have a drink in different spots around the fire that night though and probably crawl to my swag at the end of the night too. I'll even be seedy in the morning :)

Steve

FWIW I'd go the North Adelaide route too

north adelaide is the way to go, also the british around corner from alt lowan (old lion) that was the watering hole for a many a year.

jagerbrau said:
north adelaide is the way to go, also the british around corner from alt lowan (old lion) that was the watering hole for a many a year.
[post="109865"][/post]​
It's not a bad spot. They don't seem to have the range of beers they once had. The Kentish is another one in Nth Adelaide that is a nice spot despite having a dissapointing beer list. The Lion does generally have some good beers about the place.

I saw the words 'pub crawl' and immediately thought 'Im there!!'

I personally prefer the adelaide itinerary, but I suppose I could bow to peer pressure. They both seem pretty good anyway.

I like the idea of t-shirts; I have passed up too many crawl t's, and it'll be great to have an AHB pub crawl t shirt.

Sounds interesting! I'm there.

The north adelaide pub list, contains more pubs with a bigger selection of brews on tap, and bottle i think that is why most are leaning that way.

Ahh- I'm not too familiar with that end of town, you see... maybe that's as good a reason to go for the North Adelaide list anyway!

Back in my student days (a looooong time ago), I was residing at St Marks College in Pennington St Nth Adelaide (just behind the Cathedral that they always make a centrepiece of the Adelaide cricket coverage).
There was a pub in a back lane behind the college that was reasonable from memory. Called the Queens Head if my memory serves me correctly.

Haven't been there for over 25 years though :ph34r:

Also, the college used to host an event around Nt Adelaide, called the "Bachelor of Applied Drinking" (BAD). Consisted of a 12 pub pub-crawl, 2 pints a pub.

Urination whilst competing was met with a 1 pub penalty (revisiting the last pub for another 2 pints).

Heaving, copped a 2 pub penalty. :(

Needless to say, the day and a half after the event were ordinary.

Still have my certificate somewhere :beerbang:

M

[Edit - Obligatory Typos]

you got it right still that sort of pub big when the crickets on. have not been there in ages my self

Cath is definitely the big cricket place. Queens Head remains the only pub I haven't visited in North Adelaide. I think it's been done up like every other pub bar the Kentish.

T-shirt designs coming soon if I get around to putting pen to bezier curves.

I'll post back a bit closer to the date whether i can make it or not.

The queens head is a good little spot. It's been totally renovated in the last 4-5 years. Having lived at the rival Lincoln College (couldn't afford St Marks :p ) around 10 years ago, I can say that while it has been renovated into the normal trendy pub, i wouldn't say it has lost any atmosphere at all. Better than terrible bottled beer list - and fantastic little pizzas for lunch. Normally drop in there after my once yearly game of golf.
I think it's run by a pretty young crowd who you always see in there working there butts off.

I reckon you guys should start earlier and do both lists! :)

mikem108 said:
I reckon you guys should start earlier and do both lists! :)
[post="110508"][/post]​
Unfortunately it is not a matter of time but geographical location. If we could walk between them all I am sure we would give it a push.

T-shirt designs coming soon if I get around to putting pen to bezier curves.
give me a yell if you need any help breaking off the handles Kai.

have to include the wheatie! how many are really interested so far.

jagerbrau said:
have to include the wheatie! how many are really interested so far.
[post="111271"][/post]​
Agreed. There was talk amongst a few brewers on Friday about a date change to include a couple that can't make the 8th. Proposed date are the 1st or 15th with the 1st being most popular. How does this affect everyone?

Has anyone already organised a leave pass that this would upset?

Anyone can't make the 1st that can make the 8th?

will be in Perth on the 1st and so no go for me. I'll have one or two at the LC to honour the occassion.

roach said:
will be in Perth on the 1st and so no go for me. I'll have one or two at the LC to honour the occassion.
[post="111279"][/post]​
The change is not a certain. Just canvasing opinion.

I have organised a leave pass for the 8th. The 1st is out for me too

Cheers
Pedro

Looks like we stick with the 8th. Just wanted to check.

Latest posts

Back