Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An awesome day, guys. Great to catch up and have a drink and a laugh.

Somehow 7 lovely glasses snuck into my bag. Damn stowaways!
Would've been 8 if I'd grabbed that opportunity at the Lowenbrau.

Awesome drinks list there Doc. I only managed 9. A dismal effort.
Pete

Not boasting, but 4 at Lowenbrau, five at Lord Nelson (almost did the blackboard), only two at Australian, two at the Belgium (both about 400% alcohol .. still not impressed with Belgium beers), 2 at the Bavarian, three at the James Squire and I think two at the Redoak. Actually, one at the bar at Central Station while trying to drown the chili kebab and a stout at the Fraternity Club at Fairy Meadow on the walk home from the station. I only know this cos I put a coaster in my pocket for each beer I drank to remind me of the day and how many I had. No room for glasses. (actually think its poor show to flog glasses from establishments .. but only cos I didn't think anyone would do it !!!)

Great day, great company. Book me in for next year.

I think I had a nightmare that FatGodzilla was shouting at me to finish up and move on!

After running a two up school on Friday and being the Saturday urger, the voice was a bit croaky on Sunday. !

Fantastic day guys and girls,

I had a great time, great beer, great company.

It was a buzz to put faces and names to handles.

I cannot wait until the next one.

top crawl

josh

My consumption quota was

Mangowiezen
Dunkelwiezen
Mangowiezen
3 Sheets
Quayle Ale
Nelsons Blood
Nelsons Blood
Little Creatures
Little Creatures
Silly Saison
Duvel
Redoak IPA

then a pulling of the pin while i was still able to find my way home.

Lol....I think the pic of Crozdog and Schooey says it all - that was taken at the not to friendly Bavarian. As you can see, we were getting a little rowdy by then......
I wondered why that barmaid was looking at me in a funny way - no sence of humour :huh:

A couple of random phone photos.

Image044.jpg

Image050.jpg

Image053.jpg

Image054.jpg

Fantastic day guys and girls,

I had a great time, great beer, great company.

It was a buzz to put faces and names to handles.

I cannot wait until the next one.

top crawl

josh

Good avatar .. glad you learnt something at the crawl !!!

when I got home, I realised it was the 11 glasses which somehow took refuge that were making the backpack so damn heavy....... B) dunno how they got there, can anyone enlighten me .......... :rolleyes:

The 330ml Chimay glass is mine!

i believe that one of the glasses from the bavarian is kels old mans

Thanks everyone for a great day and night. Had some great beers and food. Emu pizza was tops.

Did you end up getting your cheese kebab Pumpy :lol:

Kabooby :)

kabooby ,

That was the problem ,I did not want cheese on my kebab

I think the 'Thunderbolt ale' finished me off not that I rember going to the pumphouse until Frank posted it after then

I was a good example of why drinking in excess makes people 'Impervious to fair reasoning' .

Pumpy :blink:

OK so it sounds like you all had a great day, but what about the beers?

Favourite beer?
Favourite Pub?
Most expensive beer?
Most over-priced beer?
Most over-rated beer?
Cheapest beer?
Least favourite beer?

Cheers
Gerard

OK so it sounds like you all had a great day, but what about the beers?

Favourite beer? Nelson's Blood. Loved the Lowenbrau breakfast weizens, but this is real beer.

Favourite Pub? Lord Nelson. Three blokes in penguin suits (wedding party) dropped in for a settler. Asked for VB (thirty blokes laughed (no megaswill on tap at the Lord Nelson !!!) Will go and stay aday and night at this pub one perfect day.

Most expensive beer? Forbidden Fruits (Belgium Beer Cafe)

Most over-priced beer? See above (but then again, not a Belgium beer fan)

Most over-rated beer? See above. (but the funny glass was a ripper - like a mini dumbell shape)

Cheapest beer? Redoak's freebie followed by Central Railway Station (but if you need to ask how much you really shouldn't be on the trip). Can't remember what I drunk or paid for at the JS though.

Least favourite beer? Mooball Pale Ale. Bottled in mini champagne bottles. Should have stuck with the tap beers.

Good price for good beer>
Weellll,
The Lord Nelson $4 for a pot/glass/midi not bad considering we were drinking quality quaff-able ales.
Victory bitter very nice
and liked the Trafalgar ale.
3 sheets kept me guessing. Amarillo/cascade combo but some strange taste to finish it off.
All good beers though.

The australian I had Kanguru Pizza and 2 crap beers not worth mentioning Bees Knees good for half a glass and what the !@#$ was that Ace.
Pay back LOL
JSPA draught hit the spot though.

Bavarian beer Cafe I cannot remember because I had to skull a schooner as we were kicked out.
I recall the beer was pale and some kind of lager
Too pricey and cathedral like setting. Crap all over.

Belgian$$$$-> Leffe Brune worth the go $8.50 and the Timmermans Gueuze 250ml $11.50 was an experience.
needed some cheese and cracker and a huge class of water after that.

Out of money straight to Squires. Missed out on Oaks.
Reasonably priced @ the Golden ale on tap much better then bottle but still not all to my liking.
Loved the IPA, Craic an Highwaymen.

Spilled most of drinks after that :eek:

Sorry pumps

Favourite beer? Biere De Bucaneer Dark
Favourite Pub? Belgian bier cafe - followed by Lowenbrau, being there at 9:30 in the morning is a memory to hold onto
Most expensive beer? Timmerman's Gueze
Most over-priced beer? As above $11.50 ish for 250ml in a boring glass. Very nice though!
Most over-rated beer? hmm, pass on that one. I was happy with them all.
Cheapest beer? Lord Nelson, great value at that place.
Least favourite beer? Redoak's Rauchbier - that one told me to stop drinking, but glad i tried it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

honourable mention goes to the Mangoweizen. Very nice indeed, and I'll be ordering one of these for SWMBO next time we go.

Favourite beer? McChouffe (thanks for sharing that one, redbeard)
Favourite Pub? Belgian. Yum.
Most expensive beer? Everything in the Belgian
Most over-priced beer? See above
Most over-rated beer? Nothing really, except Gage Roads (see below).
Cheapest beer? Cheap! In the city! Actually, the Lord Nelson was probably the most reasonable
Least favourite beer? Gage Roads Pilsner at the Australian :( Nearly spoilt the whole day ;)

Favourite beer? definitly the gueuze, I'd had a hankering for the smell of mens urinals all morning

Well, G-man, seeing that you took the time to ask so politely:
Favourite beer? Franziskaner Dunkelweizen (which is more real a beer than that un-yeasty filtered stuff, Ms Gojira :lol: ), or the Great Divide Brewing co. Titan IPA (didn't anyone else get one?)
Favourite Pub? Heritage Belgian
Most expensive beer? 3 shouts at the Belgian (not even sure what I bought now. May have been Silly Saison, Westmalle and Triple Karmeliet)
Most over-priced beer? Didn't drink any
Most over-rated beer? Didn't touch any
Cheapest beer? $8 for a shout at the Nelson
Least favourite beer? Schneider Kristall (very kind of Wolfgang to point that out before selling one to me, after I thought I was buying a hefeweizen).

Favourite beer: Tripel Karmeliet
Favourite Pub: Belgian Beer cafe
Most expensive beer: Tripel Karmeliet
Most over-priced beer: Outback Pale ale
Most over-rated beer: Governer King. The rating was from the last time I had it because I realy enjoyed it. Either it had changed or my taste buds were starting to get drunk and went to sleep :blink:
Cheapest beer: Freeby at the Belgian and Redoak
Least favourite beer: Outback pale ale. Tasted like the 12 month old bottle of whatever I found in the back of the cupboard the other day

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

Favourite beer? Biere De Bucaneer Dark
Had one of these last time I was at the BBC...bloody awesome!

Sounds like you had a fantastic night boys! I'm trying to get a few mates together for a similiar sort of crawl this Friday after hearing the rave reviews.
I have a score to settle with Redoak...they've brought out some new beers i'm yet to try! :ph34r:

Back