Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given our performance at the last Rocks crawl, I don't think the Macquarie is in much danger of a visit from us :) Do we need a sane and partially sober person to keep us on schedule? I'm just thinking out loud as the last train home for us Illawarra boys is 12:10am from Central, that leaves only 15 hours for drinking!

:lol: :lol:

You planning on being that sane and sober person? :p

Well he's not thinking of me :party:

I'm just thinking out loud as the last train home for us Illawarra boys is 12:10am from Central, that leaves only 15 hours for drinking!

We'll be right PoMo .. I think !

:lol: :lol:

You planning on being that sane and sober person? :p

HELL NO!!!! Not then, not now. At least never both at the same time.

We'll be right PoMo .. I think !

We just might not make it to the Macca... I think last time we ended up sinking into the comfy sofas at the JS brewhouse at 10ish and never got up, except to go home. Anyway, I'm meeting up with a former business associate at the Mac on Wednesday, so I'll report back on Thurs.

I hope it keeps on raining so I can't work on the weekend :p .

Rain rain don't go away, please stay till at least Saturday!

eric

ill be at the lord just before 11 with a couple in tow

Train leaves Broadmeadow at 6:39, gets me to circular quay at 9:25 followed by a brisk 5 minute walk to breakfast... :D

Les, is this the same train you are on, change at Central?

Train leaves Broadmeadow at 6:39, gets me to circular quay at 9:25 followed by a brisk 5 minute walk to breakfast... :D

Schooey,
Ill be on that train, ill be getting it from gosford at 7.51

If you know what carriage you will likely get, let me know, and ill keep and eye out for you.

I'll be the big bloke in the superman T-shirt... :p

Anyway, I'm meeting up with a former business associate at the Mac on Wednesday, so I'll report back on Thurs.

Reporting in on the state of beer at the Macca. Sam has got some very nice ales on tap atm. The Pale is pretty good, as usual, the wheat is a new recipe, spicy and weizeny at the same time. The Bavarian Red is all big and sweet and melanoidany, going down very nicely. The Pils has a touch more diacetyl than I like, but I think it's quite authentic. All the of the beers were well liked by my non-brewer friends.

Sam told me there is a diggers' special going to be on tap starting tomorrow, and if we're lucky there will still be some flowing on Saturday. It's a golden ale, made with six malts!!!! bittered with NB and flavoured/aroma'd with EKG. Sadly, I couldn't taste it, but Sam sounded like she was really happy with it. We can call ahead of time and see if there's any left, but I think it'd be worth the walk over to Wentworth St for the regulars regardless. No stout going atm, tho, I think to reserve the tap for the diggers' beer.

Tony,

It'll be that one or the earlybird special, leaving Broadmeadow at 5:30 and arriving at Central at 8:10. All depends on big Stu.

Looks like it'll be a Stuey meets Schooey event on the train.

I'll get back 2 ya's.
Les

I'll be there around 10. Looking forward to catching up again.

Looks like my sons soccer game will be cancelled because of ground closure, so looking forward to MangoWeizen for breaky (and maybe a Pork Knuckle to lay some foundation) :super: :beer:
Alternatively I'll be at the Lord Nelson for Nelsons Blood and a tour at 11.

Doc

I'll be wrapping up the Berliner and Gose in bubble-wrap for Kook, soon.
I have rescued the bottles from another inundation of storm-water run-off.
I will be talking to the local council on Monday.

**The 6:30 train will be the go. Schooey, we'll grab the last carriage and will see you there. **

I think I need the day out in Sydney to get over the grief of all this flooding, and lack of respite on many fronts.
Don't worry people, I won't go crazy on the booze. Well..., no crazier than the rest of you.

Looking forward to the Dunkelweizen at the Lowenbrau, A Nelson's Blood (if it's on?), Leffe Rossa at the Belgian, and Chimay on tap (if it's on). Sounds like a lotta "if"s.
Anyone wanna post their faves, and try to change my mind?

Did anyone notice my Oxford comma above?

Les out

looking forward to catching up for a few beers again Les

Franko

Ok Les, I'm going to catch it at Cardiff at 6.46 am. Will see you at the back of the train...

I'm a little worried, that I may be out of practice.
I did warmup/practice night last night (trying to empty a keg) after following on from a 4 schooey lunch (at the MacQuarie).
A bit jaded first light this morn.
Will have another practice night tonight (two kegs to polish off), and my liver should be well adjusted and tuned for tomorrow.

Looking forward to Mangoweizen, Dunkelweizen, Nelsons Blood, and anything after that is a bonus.

Doc

The running order as it stands is:

Lowenbra
Lord Nelson
The Australian (lunch)
Belgian Beer Caf
James Squire (King St Wharf)
Redoak
Macquarie

Just a quick last minute question - isn't the Redoak on the way to Squires.......thought we were leaving the downhill/uphill stuff 'til last-ish.

Linz and I intend on making it to the Macquarie for last drinks as it's closer to Central station for anyone travelling by train.....

Oh yeah - a slight time change for the Campbelltown crew - the 7:23am from Macarthur Square will get us in town just after 8:30am which will allow some time for a hearty or not so hearty breakfast before beer o'clock begins.....

So, the serious preparation begins, got my running shoes all broken in; have a large backpack for any glass acquisitions; the camera's all charged and Linz is working until 2am on Saturday morning, so some No Doze for him! See you all there.......mmmm mangoweizen.....

Latest posts

Back