2016 Qld xmas in july case swap tasting thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having imbibed 12B in glass bottles, it's running beer and with a syringe hand pump it works well.

Anyone willing to take 12A now will be rewarded with yellow green lupulus coloured head and hop oil but cloudy as hell.

1. Winkle - W3031 Acerola Tarwe 7.5 abv drink now mofos.
2. Earle - Smoked Rye Farmhouse Ale - ready to drink now
3. Brewkid - Biere De Garde
4. madpierre06 - Black Rye IPA - Bottled 16.7.16 - I'd give it minimum 7th August.
5. Motabika - Lichtenhainer.Ready to drink
6. lukiferj - Rye Hard with a Bitty Smoke
7. Liam_snorkel - Black Brett IPA - aged 1 year - approx 7.1% ABV - READY NOW
8. Parks - Shiraz Barrel-aged RIS 9.4% ABV - READY NOW
9. Seehuusen - Resch Extra Stout - with brett
10. Ciderman - Gingerbread Brown Ale 6.0% 35ibu. Ready.
11. Fattox - cherrywood smoked foreign extra stout
12. Lord Raja Goomba I - AIPA (A) or American Standard Bitter ( B) - both bottled 03.07.2016 - ready 25.07 but if you're desparate, probably okay to have now, just undercarbonated
13. NickB - AIPA - drink as fresh as ****... Like yesterday.
14. Dan Barrington - Chilli Brown Ale/ Porter (Drink now, poor carefully)
15. Radshoes - infected saison - bottled straight from the barrel last night so do not drink until the 30th of July at least.
16. evoo4u - probably a Baltic Porter (will be winter after all)
17. Natdene
18. Bribie G - Midnight Train American Malt Liquor, y'all.
19. Angus - "pick a windae" wee heavy - Ready to drink
20. Aydos - Sour imperial barrel aged stout and a keg hopped IPA (READY TO DRINK)
21. Robv - Dark Mild 3% , only bottled this week, give it 2 weeks
22. Benken25. Brewers breaky porter(smoked oatmeal porter with coffee and licorice 6.8%) Ready to drink
23. rokaxe - "Hellfire" Chilli Saison: 4.9% ABV, 27.5 IBU, 8,000,000 scoville - READY TO DRINK.
24. Adr0 - Wheat dopplebock - haven't tasted it but should be right to drink now, or in the next month sometime. 8.3%. It might need longer to develop some of the caramel/choc flavours but it's a bit of a balance with the younger wheat flavours. See how the feedback is and adjust accordingly.

Alan, Perry and Liam - the dubbel is good to drink now (5mths old) but I'm sure a month or two wouldn't hurt. It's 8.2%ABV, a normal base with some Caramunich II, a touch of carafa and the CSI Golden and D-90 syrups and the 3944 (Hoegaarden?) strain.

Troy, Perry and Martin - the pils will need another 4-6 weeks just to get the fine carbonation. Has been lagered for about 3 weeks after a decent warm maturation. I think it's stylistically a Boh Pils, but I used Magnum, Styrian Goldings and Pacific Halletau as I didn't have Czech Saaz on hand... so without the Saaz it's technically not a Boh Pils. I would have preferred to have more Styrian in the mix but I had to use what I had. 5.4%ABV, 2278 yeast, distilled water, half Wey/Dingemann pils and a decent single decoction... let me know what you think.

4. madpierre06 - Black Rye IPA - Bottled 16.7.16 - I'd give it minimum 7th August.
6. lukiferj - Rye Hard with a Bitty Smoke (only bottled 14/7 so will need about 3 weeks to carb up)
12. Lord Raja Goomba I - AIPA (A) or American Standard Bitter ( B) - both bottled 03.07.2016 - ready 25.07 but if you're desparate, probably okay to have now, just undercarbonated
15. Radshoes - infected saison - bottled straight from the barrel last night so do not drink until the 30th of July at least.
17. Natdene
20. Aydos - Sour imperial barrel aged stout and a keg hopped IPA (READY TO DRINK)
22. Benken25. Brewers breaky porter(smoked oatmeal porter with coffee and licorice 6.8%) Ready to drink
23. rokaxe - "Hellfire" Chilli Saison: 4.9% ABV, 27.5 IBU, 8,000,000 scoville - READY TO DRINK.
24. Adr0 - Wheat dopplebock - haven't tasted it but should be right to drink now, or in the next month sometime. 8.3%. It might need longer to develop some of the caramel/choc flavours but it's a bit of a balance with the younger wheat flavours. See how the feedback is and adjust accordingly.

angus_grant said:
The hoodie jacket is mine. Think I left it on the back of a chair near the fire
I'll try and bring it to BABBs

Natdenes swap bottles are still here and someone left a couple of keys as well....

angus_grant said:
They're probably my keys Perry. 2 keys on a ring with no tag?
Yep, thats them. Will add to the BABBs pile.

Adr0, in the drunken escapades, i dont recall grabbing a bottle of the lager. I do remember the conversation though... will have to check the car :p

My swap beer, #9. It's OK now, probably better in a weeks time, but could easily be aged for however long...

Because my FES wasn't in the swap itself I've posted the recipe in the "main" thread just now.

seehuusen said:
Adr0, in the drunken escapades, i dont recall grabbing a bottle of the lager. I do remember the conversation though... will have to check the car :p
My swap beer, #9. It's OK now, probably better in a weeks time, but could easily be aged for however long...
Sorry my friend, I meant Mr Potter, HBHB :(

6. lukiferj - Rye Hard with a Bitty Smoke (only bottled 14/7 so will need about 3 weeks to carb up)
17. Natdene - BIPA bottled 8/7....drink from say 7th August
24. Adr0 - Wheat dopplebock - haven't tasted it but should be right to drink now, or in the next month sometime. 8.3%. It might need longer to develop some of the caramel/choc flavours but it's a bit of a balance with the younger wheat flavours. See how the feedback is and adjust accordingly

13. Nickb AIPA

Head faded quickly but did keep some lacing. Probably just undercarbed but not by much.

First note was really dark almost bordering red ale. Great clarity. Thought it was jam packed full of crystal and would be super sweet. Not the case, quite the opposite actually. Refreshing.

Good bitterness and solid beer. Probably just needs more late additions and or dry hoping to improve the aromatics as it was on the low side.

1468886622823.jpg

12. Lord Raja Goomba I - AIPA (A) or American Standard Bitter 12B - both ready to drink.
24. Adr0 - Wheat dopplebock - haven't tasted it but should be right to drink now, or in the next month sometime. 8.3%. It might need longer to develop some of the caramel/choc flavours but it's a bit of a balance with the younger wheat flavours. See how the feedback is and adjust accordingly

10. Ciderman - Gingerbread Brown Ale 6.0% 35ibu. Bottled 21st May. Ready.
12. Lord Raja Goomba I - AIPA (A) or American Standard Bitter 12B - both ready to drink.

18. Bribie G - Midnight Train American Malt Liquor, y'all. Ready to drink, consult Doctor if pain persists.

3. Brewkid, Bière de Garde 10%

Nice light copper, faint hint of Christmas cake. Smooth, rich. Reminiscent of Belgians. Spot on.

8. Parks Shiraz Barrelled RIS 9.4% (not drunk on the same day as the above.. )

Very well balanced at the mid range for RIS, no excess bitterness or roast, all nicely mellowed out and the distinct wine hint cuts right through any residual sweetness that could otherwise make the stout cloying.

Hmm onto my third glass and isn't that Pauline Hanson a babe, tell you what......................

BenKen25 - Brewers breaky porter(smoked oatmeal porter with coffee and licorice 6.8%)

Really good beer man. Smoke and coffee dominates in the aroma. Slick mouthful with burnt toast and coffee.
Nailed the breakfast style man. Super delicious.

18. Bribie G - Midnight Train American Malt Liquor, y'all. Ready to drink, consult Doctor if pain persists.
24. Adr0 - Wheat dopplebock - 8.3%. Drink anytime from now to the next month or two. No real rush. It's presenting exactly as I wanted in look and texture and it should present very different flavours as it gradually warms - hope everyone likes wheat...

Hey guys just FYI no. 11 is ready to roll. Did some QC about a fortnight ago and was happy as with it so get into it whenever you want

9. Seehuusen - Resch Extra Stout - with brett - READY NOW (or age it)
11. Fattox - cherrywood smoked foreign extra stout - READY NOW
24. Adr0 - Wheat dopplebock - 8.3%. Drink anytime from now to the next month or two. No real rush. It's presenting exactly as I wanted in look and texture and it should present very different flavours as it gradually warms - hope everyone likes wheat..

Latest posts

Back