2016 Qld xmas in july case swap tasting thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24. Adr_o's Wheat Doppelbock...really can't get a handle on this other very delicate malty wheat holding it together . Lovely creamy head that stays all night, and some bitterness coming in late as it warms up. Delicious beer. The 8.3%ABV is very well disguised.

IMG_0478.JPG

earle said:
Ha ha, this is cool. The tap decal for my beer at Brewoomba this weekend. Its the same beer as I put in the swap but brewed by Fortitude for the festival. Recorded an interview this morning which should be on ABC Southern Qld on Wednesday morning between 10 and 10.30am.
Enjoyed the i/view - good one! (Didn't go much on the preceding music, but enjoyed the one at the end)

evoo4u said:
Enjoyed the i/view - good one! (Didn't go much on the preceding music, but enjoyed the one at the end)
Cheers mate, I was in a meeting but figured out a way to record it on my computer. Have since listened to it and pretty happy with the way it went.

Probably made a bit more sense than anything I said at the swap. :ph34r:

10. Ciderman Gingerbread brown. Good brown ale base with a hint of ginger. Last gingerbread beer i had was hendos Gingerbread maniac. This beer shits on it. Solid effort mate

21. Robv - Dark Mild 3% , only bottled this week, give it 2 weeks

Had this last night. As per Ben and Earle - fantastic, moorish. Would not have expected such a lovely, clean malt character from such a light beer. Well done mate.

Not in the swap, but I had a bottle of Cosdogs most excellent Barley Wine last nite and when I can find my phone I'll post a photo (probably).

20. Aydos - Sour imperial barrel aged stout

Delicious. Sourness balanced ferpectly with the stout. Really keen on trying to do this with my coffee stout, albeit with some trepidation. Might split off a 5L batch and sit it on the fruit I pulped off some coffee cherries.

IMG_0481.JPG

Danger! , Warning! Will Robertson!
Cosdogs' EBW will fark u up
160EBW.JPG

Liam's black brett ipa.
For a year old the hops and bitterness still push through fairly well.
But the obvious big dick in the glass is Brett. Pungent fruit aroma and it's bugging me that I can't pick the aroma.
Taste is a mix between darker malts and brett doing its fruit thing.
Lingering bitterness and dark malt in the after-taste.
A pleasure sir. And bottle dregs will be stolen as usual. Probably 5L demi-john this time.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1470318074.588954.jpg

madpierre06 said:
20. Aydos - Sour imperial barrel aged stout

Delicious. Sourness balanced ferpectly with the stout. Really keen on trying to do this with my coffee stout, albeit with some trepidation. Might split off a 5L batch and sit it on the fruit I pulped off some coffee cherries.
I had this last night too. A really nice, bretty stout. I don't get it as sour, just nice and dry with a good aroma and flavour hit of Brett.

I'm not sure if it seems to be missing a little something but maybe I'm just looking for the same Shiraz character my barrel had. Anyway, what a time to be alive.

BenKen25 said:
10. Ciderman Gingerbread brown. Good brown ale base with a hint of ginger. Last gingerbread beer i had was hendos Gingerbread maniac. This beer shits on it. Solid effort mate
I had this one last weekend too. I was expecting a real ginger bread / ginger biscuit thing but instead got a lovely amber with a nice balance of ginger.

**** you guys can brew.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Any hints of plum amongst the up-farking?
;)
A touch, very smooth, no hot alcohol - a nice beer mate.

I won't be contributing to this thread for a while as I'm having an Arid August.
Brews are in a cool dark spot, maturing nicely, so roooooll on September.

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

radshoes said:
Currently food prepping for the weak and drinking Aydos IPA.
Winning on both counts.
Slick mouthfeel, great body, mild sweetness balancing with really good sharp bitterness.
Thanks for running out of stout, how did you run out of stout, and whats the chance of trying the stout?
I can sling you a bottle the next time I keg some of it if you would like. I'm sure it will be different by then but still delicious

11. Fattox - cherrywood smoked foreign extra stout
Black but clear with red highlights. Dank musky ham hock aroma, flavour follows with malty sweetness and miscellaneous roast. Smooth.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1470399033.088702.jpg

Yeh man,liams review nailed it.
Smokey ham but didn't quite make it to smokey bacon beer. :)
Which is a good thing. I've had a few "bacon" beers over the last few months and is a nice change to get a different smoke experience
Really tasty beer.
Can you send me 5 bottles and a bottle of fresh woomba air?

Back