Welcome Back Chap Chap Brewday 05 June

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://cricketsoda.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/you-better-shut-your-mouth-or-im-going-to-****-it-shirt.gif

I called it a holiday Yardy! :icon_cheers:

yep, that's the turkish prison shit... right there...

Anyone know where to source a couple of cans of home brand lager? Was thinking we may as well let Chap Chap give a demo. he'll probably need one of those stick on thermometers so his lager doesnt go over 27 deg. :ph34r:

Hey, that's spelled larger not lager! Not having a go mate, just letting you know...

If anyone else is interested to drop over and observe whilst chap chap and I deliver a detailed, proffesional demonstration of how to brew like the proffesional micro breweries and learn how to improve your brewing skills by watching a couple of highly experienced brewing genius's at work send me a PM for address details. You may walk away embarressed by how little you actually knew about brewing techniques and processes but you will walk away a trained masterbrewer.

Cheers

If anyone else is interested to drop over and observe whilst chap chap and I deliver a detailed, proffesional demonstration of how to brew like the proffesional micro breweries and learn how to improve your brewing skills by watching a couple of highly experienced brewing genius's at work send me a PM for address details. You may walk away embarressed by how little you actually knew about brewing techniques and processes but you will walk away a trained masterbrewer.

Cheers

Meh, but I'll turn up anyway.
:p

Cheers

Holy crap Brad you almost had me believing that we are pro's. I would suggest if you want to wet your laughing at the Bill and Ben show then difinitely turn up.

Chap chap

I trust that you guys will have the lab coats on to reinforce your professionalism ;)

I trust that you guys will have the lab coats on to reinforce your professionalism ;)

Funny you should mention that winkle ;) . BTW I picked up a carbonator cap this morning.

Cheers

Anyone got an english yeast slurry the want to bring over tommorrow?

I've got a 1.25L PET of my Baretit Radler for Chappo, he's been away from beer for so long he needs to be eased back gently into it.
Need to be at Bald Hills stn by 2, so I'll pop in a wee while before then.

Edit - if necessary I have an Irish Ale 1084

15.9kg grain is crushed and ready to go. Made a couple of adjustments to the grain bill mainly due to amounts left in sacks.

66 IPA Street
English IPA

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 66.0
Total Grain (kg): 15.900
Total Hops (g): 330.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.066 (P): 16.1
Colour (SRM): 10.1 (EBC): 19.9
Bitterness (IBU): 44.3 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 87
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
10.700 kg Perle malt (67.3%)
1.000 kg Wheat Malt (6.29%)
0.400 kg Crystal 120 (2.52%)
2.250 kg Golden Promise Malt (14.15%)
1.550 kg BB Ale Malt (9.75%)

Hop Bill
----------------
66.0 g First Gold Pellet (7.9% Alpha) @ 90 Minutes (First Wort) (1 g/l)
66.0 g Aurora Pellet (9% Alpha) @ 45 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/l)
66.0 g First Gold Pellet (7.9% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/l)
66.0 g Styrian Golding Pellet (4.4% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/l)
66.0 g Styrian Golding Pellet (4.4% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Dry Hop) (1 g/l)

Single step Infusion at 66C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at 18c with Wyeast 1275 - Thames Valley Ale

Notes
----------------
15 min hop addition are cube hops, cubes to be slow chilled in ice bath after filling.

5 min hop addition to be hop tea using 2L of reheated wort from cube.

22g of dry hop to each cube at day 4 of ferment

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Alright me and Muckey are organized for the road trip in the morning. See you there or be square!

Chap Chap

Great, I'll try Muckey on the compulsory Radler as well B)

Alright me and Muckey are organized for the road trip in the morning. See you there or be square!

Chap Chap

Great, I'll try Muckey on the compulsory Radler as well B)

oh fun and joy

I might as well get sh*tfaced before I leave so I have the required IQ :icon_drunk:

- it will also help for when I have to sit through 3 hours of chappo giving details instructions on the use of a can opener and a spoon

hopefully he'll start talking about brewing then :ph34r:

Looks like I'm IN for this one guys! Woot!

Will be training in and back, so not able to hang around for too long, but aiming for a 10:30-11:00 arrival. Will bring a couple of bottles along too.

Cheers!

Well SWMBO has decided she has other plans for me this morning so I canna say if I will be able to make it or not. Hoping to get there but wait and see. Have a good one if I don't see ya.

Cheers

Sully

Latest posts

Back