Nickb's Nanango Brew Day - 19th June

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quickie to thank Nick & Meaghan for a great brewday. The hospitality was excellent as is usually the case when Nick decides to play host. :super:
Just another example of how an excellent pissup get-together can't be gauged solely on the numbers involved. :beer:

Daz & Thomas,
Just finished unpacking my gear & have found a XXXX Gold tallie marked "Dark-26/3" + another bottle marked "Fat Fak 12/3" in my cooler. To whom do they belong & will I save them for next time we meet?

+1 what he said, Thanks Nick.
Great beers all round fellas, not a bad one amongst them.
Thought your vindi was just right Batz. Certainly needed the warmth after the sun went down.

Those bottles sound like mine TP. Share them with some locals mate, they should be pretty tasty.( or bring em to winkles) :icon_cheers:
Daz

Can't Thank Nick and company too highly! Great day, and a great if cool night. My only regret is that I was on Endone and so couldn't drink as much as I'd have liked to, so many great beers, so little time.....

Batz: All things aside no matter WHAT it looked like: under no circumstances would that swill pass my lips, I'd rather die of thirst!!!!

Nick: I inoculated the ESB this arvo after getting my Thames Valley II culture up and running yesterday, had a nice 1.2L very active starter happening. All told 18.5L into the fermenter after I racked of cold break/hops. So just right for a corni full of fun!

My only regret is that I was on Endone and so couldn't think as much as I'd have liked to, so many great goats, so little time.....

Batz: All things aside no matter WHAT it looked like: under no circumstances would that thing pass my lips..........

Hey pain relief is cheating at a brewday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D good too see you were prepared though Thomas.

Good to hear Thomas! Hope it turns out great. I'll be dry hopping mine with maybe 30g EKG, and probably pitching onto a starter of Ringwood (when I have a spare fridge to ferment in - mind you I'll probably need a heater this time of year!)

Cheers

PS: We only broke one glass on the day, and it was me who did it too :rolleyes:

Hey pain relief is cheating at a brewday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D good too see you were prepared though Thomas.

It was either cheat or not be there, and I damn well wasn't going to pull a Chappo, not on a BD so close to home! :ph34r:

Good to hear Thomas! Hope it turns out great. I'll be dry hopping mine with maybe 30g EKG, and probably pitching onto a starter of Ringwood (when I have a spare fridge to ferment in - mind you I'll probably need a heater this time of year!)

Cheers

PS: We only broke one glass on the day, and it was me who did it too :rolleyes:

Wow, just one glass? We did do well!

Yeah, mine will need a bit of heat to get through, but not much. I plan on adding ~20g of EKG on day three so there is bit of alcohol to help carry the oils and keep them in solution better.

Wow, just one glass? We did do well!

Yeah, but it was mine and that's three in a week. Luckily all cheapies. You know about things in threes, hopefully I'm safe for a while now thanks Nick, hoodoo gone, but with teenagers around who knows.
(Note to self, buy plastic cups)
Daz

Sorry Daz! Thought it was one of my op-shoppers. :(

Sorry Daz! Thought it was one of my op-shoppers. :(
No worries about a broken glass mate.
What about those cops on the way out of town. Anyone get bagged?
I pulled out on the H'way about 100m passed them, opposite the PB servo, and they were every where from Nanango to Cabulture.(They must of been tipped off about us :p)
Daz

I pulled out on the H'way about 100m passed them, opposite the PB servo, and they were every where from Nanango to Cabulture.(They must of been tipped off about us :p)
Daz

They had the car in front of Pete and I baled up just before town, we just quietly sailed pass.

Batz

Daz

The three I saw were all "preoccupied" while booking some other poor sap.

Did seem a bit unfair to hit people on a Sunday at the end of a roadworks zone where nothing was happening though!

Welcome to the world of quotas. Fuckers. Really unimpressed with them ATM....

I'm sure everyone in Nanango knew what was going on Sat night, so they obviously came out in force to get us.....

Anywho...

Cheers

Welcome to the world of quotas. Fuckers. Really unimpressed with them ATM....

I'm sure everyone in Nanango knew what was going on Sat night, so they obviously came out in force to get us.....

Anywho...

Cheers

Hmm why do I have a Dukes of hazard, Moonshine, Batz and Tidalpete scenario in mind.

I had more of a Thelma and Louise scenario in mind... :lol:

LOL, classic! Who has the headscarf though? Surely it's Pete, coz I know he feels the cold... :ph34r:

He who shall not be named <_<

Wonder what sort of torture they're handing out to him....

He who shall not be named <_<

Wonder what sort of torture they're handing out to him....

I am sure he is hating it

sexmuseumdisplay.jpg

Back