Nickb's Nanango Brew Day - 19th June

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool, I have the Munich and Pale Choc, so we can use those. If you could bring the 7.5kg BB Ale, I'll cover the other grains and the hops? We can use my mill if you like :)

Don't worry about the yeast for me, I've got a couple of strains here, will most likely go the Ringwood I think!

Oh, Pete, do you have any vials of yeast you'd like to swap?

Cheers

Cool, I'll weigh out and bag up the grain today and get the car packed.

I mostly have German/Belgian strains left atm, only the one vial of TV2 that I can find, I guess it's time to buy some more smack packs.....

Can swap yeasts with you too Thomas if you like? Do you have vials/slants or just smack packs?

What strains do you have?

Cheers

Can swap yeasts with you too Thomas if you like? Do you have vials/slants or just smack packs?

What strains do you have?

Cheers

Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Wheat
Wyeast 3944 Belgian Wit

Are the ones where I have more than one vial left of, so not much to work with, but now that I have some more vials on the way and my four new kegs arrived this morning (7am FFS and on a public holiday too) I have an excuse to buy more yeast and get some more brews a happening!

Too bad the downey/snaplok posts I ordered from CB for my font project don't fit the female snaplok fittings on the font. I guess life just wasn't meant to be easy.

I've got 1099 Whitbread Ale, 1187 Ringwood Ale, 2001 Urquell Lager, 1084 Irish Ale, 1007 German Ale, 2247PC Euro Lager, 1056 American Ale.

Would happily swap those two strains of yours for any two of the above!

Cheers

I've got 1099 Whitbread Ale, 1187 Ringwood Ale, 2001 Urquell Lager, 1084 Irish Ale, 1007 German Ale, 2247PC Euro Lager, 1056 American Ale.

Would happily swap those two strains of yours for any two of the above!

Cheers

No probs there, I'll bring some along then, the Irish ale would be at the top of my wish list as I love stouts.....

Righto of to weigh up some grain.

Cool, sounds good!

Cheers

Had a taste of the Smoked Porter tonight, well I couldn't go serving it untested could I, and man is it good; smooth malt, slightly oily phenolic mid pallet with nice hop flavors I'd like to say citrus but I'm not really good at tasting citrus, and a nicely balanced bitterness to round it out. The second sip is the one that gets you hooked.....

Good to hear! I'm not very happy with any of my dark beers on tap at the moment, so having a good one around will be...ummm....good!

The Lite Rice Lager however is tasting pretty good, considering it was only kegged on Monday!

Cheers

Good to hear! I'm not very happy with any of my dark beers on tap at the moment, so having a good one around will be...ummm....good!

The Lite Rice Lager however is tasting pretty good, considering it was only kegged on Monday!

Cheers

Hmmm this one is only 11days in keg, but already I'm thinking I got to make it again, asap!

Hope she's an empty keg when I go home, I need the space, have a party in a week or so and I need to make a mild for the drivers to pretend to drink, might have to steal your lite recipe. :ph34r:

Kegged my ale for this today !

Batz

Probably.......Takes you a month to clean the fermenter and finally pour yourself a beer... :ph34r:

Have a good brew day tomorrow. Take lots of photos (incriminating would be best)

I would love to just get up in the morning and leave the house before anyone wakes up and come to this Nick but Im sorry, it aint gonna happen unfortunately... :angry:

I wouldnt give a f*** about sleeping in the cold either.... What time does it start again??

:icon_cheers: CB

I would love to just get up in the morning and leave the house before anyone wakes up and come to this Nick but Im sorry, it aint gonna happen unfortunately... :angry:

I wouldnt give a f*** about sleeping in the cold either.... What time does it start again??

:icon_cheers: CB

I think 10am was mentioned back a few pages ago..... Does mean I have to get up at sparrow fart to make this one, so what the hey am I still doing up? :lol:

I think 10am was mentioned back a few pages ago..... Does mean I have to get up at sparrow fart to make this one, so what the hey am I still doing up? :lol:

Well I'm up and getting ready, the old fart will be here soon.

Batz

Have a great time guys, wish i could make the day but there's just too much shit happening here atm. Hope you all have your woollies on.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back