The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear oh dear, dont know if I could handle another Bulk Buy

I bet your arm wouldnt take that much twisting :lol:
We all know you'll be up for it.
Cheers
Steve

After Christmas Pollux and I are having a stab at making a comprehensive program to cover bulk buys, probably based on Excel.

WATCH OUT ALL

Want to be more Cheap Bulk buys

This from my Chinese source

" China has many other good and cheap products,example beer kegs,draft beer dispenser...,my friends are producing ,if interested you can also consider ."

Dear oh dear, dont know if I could handle another Bulk Buy

Craftbrewer

So Craftbrewer, got the price list and where do we order :)

QldKev

I bet your arm wouldnt take that much twisting :lol:
We all know you'll be up for it.

Probably will mate. I actually enjoy doing it.

So far thinking about another Chinese Bulk Hop Buy for those that missed out, As well as of course "The Great Chinese Bulk Buy 2010", - AND NOW, I am asking what beer gear they have that we could organise a bulk buy on. Kegs, Taps, could be interesting.

Graham L Sanders

Yeah and don't forget drip trays as well.

If you do another hop buy I'll get 1kg of Marco Polo, I really regret not ordering that.

Thats interesting..... very interesting. Lets just hope we didn't get last years cheese hops! :p

You haven't followed the threads, have you. I ordered before the harvest, and they packed it well and after the order was finished. That was one reason for the delay.

Its 2009 crop

Craftbrewer

You haven't followed the threads, have you. I ordered before the harvest, and they packed it well and after the order was finished. That was one reason for the delay.

Its 2009 crop

Craftbrewer

Not in its entirety Graham. Im on here alot but unfortunatly i havnt read all 2000 odd posts between two ultra-mega threads :p

Either way, awesome we are getting FRESHHHHH hops! A recent order of Centennial from hopsdirect was enough for me to notice the difference... :icon_drool2:

No news from Chappo yet re the quality. Maybe he's died overnight from co-humulone and Alpha acid poisoning. More than likely he's on some trippy high. Speak to us Chappo.

Either way, awesome we are getting FRESHHHHH hops! A recent order of Centennial from hopsdirect was enough for me to notice the difference... :icon_drool2:

One thing I have learnt soooo many time, a GOLDEN RULE.

Use the freshest hops possible. I dont care if they are pellets in vacumn packs in a freezer. The freshest hops makes the best beer. If its a choice of vacumn 2007 hops in a freezer, and loose 2010 hops, I would go 2010 everytime.

If I do this again in 2010, I recommend everyone throw the old 2009 hops out and get new stock. They are cheap enough, AND YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE

Craftbrewer

Loose current season hops in a paper envelope lying on the shed bench for a week compared to 2007 vacuum sealed hops in the freezer?!?!?!

tdh

Okay who is going to be the first to make a tripple Saaz?

Czech Saaz
B-Saaz
C-Saaz (the name I just made up for Chinese saaz)

Loose current season hops in a paper envelope lying on the shed bench for a week compared to 2007 vacuum sealed hops in the freezer?!?!?!

tdh
Currently under refrigeration, then packed quickly in tough poly bags, kept in air con overnight and should arrive everywhere on Tuesday. They'll be good.

Got my vacuum sealer at the ready, not particularly worried about a few days with air in the bags.

Sorry, wasn't referring to your Chinese hops and their current storage.
I was referring to Grahams comparo, it's just that loose hops lose their qualities rapidly if poorly stored. I'd be picking vac sealed freezer hops before 'fresh' hops poorly stored.

tdh

Packed our Chinese hops today & they are up on the site with our initial impressions.

We have sample ziplock packs in the shop of the USA/European varieties with their Chinses varients for comparison - Feel free to drop in & give your opinion.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Chinese grown Columbus - PUNGENT, INTENSE, an explosion of aromatics! Citrus, Kaffir Lime, Aniseed, Musky & onion aromas.

Dry hop with garlic? :)

Okay a Marco Polo smash is in order I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back