The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those coming to the packing day I have decided that we will be having a bit of a brew day as well whilst we pack just to give a couple of these hops a burl as it were. I'm sure everybody will be interested on how and what these hops are? Plus it'll be fun to give Sherman a bit or run this side of Christmas. Also got a great BBQ lunch/feast lined up to keep the workers bellies full.

As for the beer does everybody like VB or prefer New?

Is that VB Mid, VB Raw, VB Original, VB, or VB with extra dollop of dog?

This we know

Bloody good customer service

Right from the horses mouth

the production date is : October 16, 2009
Hops are new harvest this year
SAAZ 4.3%
CASCADE 5.8%
CLUSTER 6.5%~6.8%
MARCO POLO 12%
NUGGET 11-13%

Craftbrewer
Graham L Sanders
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

Can't ask for more than that!

Well done Graham.

Batz

Pete,

Mate your welcome to her and you have my blessing. I was thinking of upgrading to newer sleeker model with less saggy suspension anyway... :ph34r:

I'm confused myself?

Now I know one fetches the paper and one fetches my dinner, both are hairy and liked to patted. Hmmmm?... :ph34r:

Aren't you lucky that SWMBO doesn't frequent the forums Chap Chap. (what's it worth to keep quiet about these comments? :ph34r: )

I am in the process of trying to convince the other stripper from the case swap to let me out for a couple of hours to drink all your grog come and help weigh and pack even though I didn't partake in the BB.

I love the smell of napalm hops (might even be napalmed hops?) in the morning....

Graham- do you have the cohumulone levels for the hops?

I too am planning a Marco Polo SMASH a bit after I get them... though I have to do my Belgians first.

Graham- do you have the cohumulone levels for the hops?

I too am planning a Marco Polo SMASH a bit after I get them... though I have to do my Belgians first.

Nothing yet mate, BUT I'll ask

Craftbrewer

Dont forget the Shrimp Paste.... :icon_drool2:

:icon_cheers: CB

So far thinking about another Chinese Bulk Hop Buy for those that missed out, As well as of course "The Great Chinese Bulk Buy 2010", - AND NOW, I am asking what beer gear they have that we could organise a bulk buy on. Kegs, Taps, could be interesting.

Graham L Sanders

GLS,

Before you go buying any kegs, I am happy to share some overseas experiences with 'cheap' kegs from China - just PM me.

Independant testing has shown that they do not comply with the relevant Australian standards and the grade of SS used should be considered 'Shiny Steel' as they are not really stainless.

But of you are looking for kegs that impart a metallic taint to your beer or collapse if you drop them - then I can't recommend them highly enough.

HTH,
Dave

Graham (at el)

I'm a firm believer that good things come to those who wait. Buddy I've sat back and read the "Great Chinese Hop Buy" thread and over the past months and I've only posted once and that was to place my order.

Too often people do not appreciate the effort and the issues that arise when dealing with overseas, especially China.

Buddy to you and all the team who made this bulk buy come to fruition have my utmost appreciation, and if we're ever afforded the opportunity you and any member of the crew are welcome at my place for a brew or two.

The highest accolade to you all, and with my greatest respect... Cheers :icon_cheers:

Carboy

I have cleaned up the thread, Sorry but I think it needed it.

Batz :p

definitely did. good work.

back OT - boy I hope I get my 2KG after the first packing run - I'm running very low and have a Full summer of brewing planned!

GLS,

Before you go buying any kegs, I am happy to share some overseas experiences with 'cheap' kegs from China - just PM me.

Independant testing has shown that they do not comply with the relevant Australian standards and the grade of SS used should be considered 'Shiny Steel' as they are not really stainless.

But of you are looking for kegs that impart a metallic taint to your beer or collapse if you drop them - then I can't recommend them highly enough.

HTH,
Dave

China actually does produce some high quality items, quite a lot actually, these at sold at farm or factory gate prices similar to their European, American, Japanese or whatever competition. The chinese are not stupid, nor are they newcomers to the world of trade and markets. Why would they, or anyone (leaving predatory practices aside) sell an equivalent product for $1 when the market price is $2.25 and could sell the same number for twice the price and make 3-4times the profit!!
There in lies the rub, for whilst some companies might sell equivalent qulaity at the highly competitive $2, others sell "cheap" and "cheap" is the word for $1, in reality its probably worth less than 50 cents.
There is, indeed, a lot to be said for the old adage.."You get what you pay for"

K

I have cleaned up the thread, Sorry but I think it needed it.

Batz :p

:icon_offtopic: Nice work, now for the other 4285 posts :icon_cheers:

edit: forgot the sign

Nice work, now for the other 4285 posts :icon_cheers:

How is that on topic and wheres the moderating. Why have a go at a guy that is putting in a huge effort?

Although there is a quite a few posts that could be deleted from this thread.

Nice work, now for the other 4285 posts :icon_cheers:

How is that on topic and wheres the moderating. Why have a go at a guy that is putting in a huge effort?

Although there is a quite a few posts that could be deleted from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back