The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is

You hear the saying, there is good news and bad news.

The bad news

"HOPS WERE LEFT ON THE WHARF WHEN THE SHIP SAILED FOR BRISBANE"

I have other news BUt I want to see the reactions

Craftbrewer
So it sounds like the Chinese forwarding agent couldnt fit your goods into the intended consolidated freight container. Hopefully your forwarding agent / broker should be able to track down where the goods are and when they are due to arrive in. You got the intended vessel name? Do you know which port the goods were intended to sail from and do you know who the master shipping line is?

No joke, the hops are still in China
Graham L Sanders

As Townsville will be as he relocates to china with his bounty of Hop buy money!
I always wondered why the account we transferred the cash into was a Cayman island bank account! :lol:

So, Graham.

Wheres the deets?!? Whats going on?

I cant wait for these hops!

erm that's the case swap weekend.

The following weekend I work Sat/Sun so that's out for me.
The weekend after that I have the Sunday off which was why I was hoping for that date. Sunday would be brilliant as the satchels could be shot off the next day.

I wonder if there's anywhere cool they could be stored, I wonder if Ross would have cool room space?

Well seeing as everyone on the packing crew apart from TP will be at the case swap, including the Packing venue host things should be interesting :rolleyes:

Chill and one day at a time

Wouldn't these all fit in a large chest freezer?

I'll make time out of my busy schedule to help pack these suckers - just let me know when.
(but not this weekend :p )

Critical update:

Bags now received from 71 participants
27 other participants have been sent my address and no doubt sending bags this week, pls do so ASAP
8 participants not sending bags (Ross, townsville, me, packers on the day etc)

However I have no record of the following contacting me for my address as yet. I will also PM and email you in case you miss this notice:

Pls email me at [email protected] for my addy to send your bag to. If you have already contacted me pls do so again as you are not on the list yet and your email may have been inadvertently overlooked.

Batz
Altstart
voota
tomtoro
Mattese
davewaldo
jpr
Shirty
///

We are on the home straight

Cheers

BribieG
:icon_cheers:

Critical update:

Bags now received from 71 participants
27 other participants have been sent my address and no doubt sending bags this week, pls do so ASAP
8 participants not sending bags (Ross, townsville, me, packers on the day etc)

However I have no record of the following contacting me for my address as yet. I will also PM and email you in case you miss this notice:

Pls email me at [email protected] for my addy to send your bag to. If you have already contacted me pls do so again as you are not on the list yet and your email may have been inadvertently overlooked.

Batz
Altstart
voota
tomtoro
Mattese
davewaldo
jpr
Shirty
///

We are on the home straight

Cheers

BribieG
:icon_cheers:

Bribie,

Have PM'd you regarding the above.

TP

How were they stored when they missed their boat and now before catching their plane?
Cheers
Steve

Hi Bribie,

Sorry mate, I didn't email or send a satchel as I'm planning to be on the packing team :)

I've sent you an email.

Dave.

THATS THE GOOD NEWS

Yes they are organising as I type to fly them out.

We could have them by the weekend. Now I am busy like mad organising paperwork.

More to come

Craftbrewer

Graham - Are they on a plane yet?

I amazed they are prepared to fly them out, it's not a cheap option & they'd lose money for sure.....
Fingers crossed, but I'll believe it when I see them B)

Cheers Ross

Ah now I get it................ :p
When they say "on a slow boat from China", they actually mean they are sitting on the docks :p

Cheers

Paul

Hi Bribie,

Sorry mate, I didn't email or send a satchel as I'm planning to be on the packing team :)

I've sent you an email.

Dave.

Dave you're a hero and a gentleman. You have been moved to the appropriate list and may now vacate your chair in the naughty corner :lol: :icon_cheers:

Dave you're a hero and a gentleman. You have been moved to the appropriate list and may now vacate your chair in the naughty corner :lol: :icon_cheers:

I'll take Dave's chair. I too am hoping to be a part of the packing crew, however I'll send a satchel on the chance that I don't make it. Sorry for the delay!

fly them out on a plane.....

..............WTF....................

SmellsLikeBullshit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back