The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham - Are they on a plane yet?

I amazed they are prepared to fly them out, it's not a cheap option & they'd lose money for sure.....
Fingers crossed, but I'll believe it when I see them B)

Cheers Ross

ye of little faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never doubt the Brewing Guru Of The North. They should be on the plane by the weekend. Seems I had to fill out a whole different set of paperwork for air cargo for the Chinese Government. That is done.

Now for the Aussie Govt.

Craftbrewer

Now why would I ever doubt someone who's never wrong :p

I can always keep to the original statement and tell China "forget the plane, throw the hops on the NEXT ship" if you like.

Its up to you.

Craftbrewer

I can always keep to the original statement and tell China "forget the plane, throw the hops on the NEXT ship" if you like.

Its up to you.

Craftbrewer
you'd only tell them to do that if they were going to pay a fine for late delivery. contract management 101.

Its up to you.

I'm sure you have it all in hand Graham, I'm just one of your minions waiting in anticipation B)

Cheers Ross

Any potential packers who have sent a bag already.

Don't worry, if packing on the day you will of course get your satchel back. It's prepaid so you can use it for

• the next hop order
  • obtaining your inflatable sex sheep
  • Goggomobile parts

Whatever

;)

Yes, pls keep on topic or people are going to miss important updates. The general chat thread will now be bumped

ye of little faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never doubt the Brewing Guru Of The North. They should be on the plane by the weekend. Seems I had to fill out a whole different set of paperwork for air cargo for the Chinese Government. That is done.

Now for the Aussie Govt.

Craftbrewer

Did we get them on a plane Townsville, any updates?

Cheers Ross

Would grandstanders who are not in the hop buy please post their comments on the parallel thread in the 'Pub' forum = 'Chinese hops what next. '

:icon_cheers:

Again Bribie, sorry.

article_0_06216C1D000005DC_653_233x340.jpg

They're on a "slow plane from China".

Patience grasshoppers

flinstonespaperair.jpg

G'day Graham
Will the split be this weekend or the next any info would be appreciated.
Cheers Altstart

G'day Graham
Will the split be this weekend or the next any info would be appreciated.

UPDATE

Things are moving at breakneck speed, BUT hops are moving slower.

Hops are now at the Shangai airport, ready for flying to Australia. The delay has been finding a plane with enough cargo space to fit ALL the hops. Seems we are hitting the Christmas ordering rush from China.

Good news I am told they have found the space, Actual words

"Mr. Sanders. Our forwarder told us the hops will be delivered to you on this Wednseday or Thursday, because we are waiting for the space confirmation in order and we are lucky enough to get the space booking already. Since the Christmas is coming up, so it is a difficult for space booking. Goods in Shanghai warehouse now, we are just waiting."

Now that WONT mean the hops go straight out. I have paperwork to sort when I know the exact flight, And of course Customs and quarantine. So this weekend is NOT ON.

Looking good for next weekend thou.

I expect to hear all the good news today on final arrangements.

Craftbrewer
Graham Sanders
http://radio.craftbrewer.org
Skype "Craftbrewer"

Any news Graham?

UPDATE

Ok all
Now the delays are starting to get a bit thin with the excuses.

The company is telling me the Govt is delaying things. Here are their dirrect words - You will have to forgive their English

Quote from yesterday
Graham L Sanders
Carol Wang: Thanks for you unserstand , government bureaucracy + deceive flogged us.

Carol Wang: Mr. Sanders, you maybe don't know how the efficency about our government? We are trying to arrange goods shipped by sea, unfortunately, the Customs and Quarantine Inspection made us waiting for 3 weeks, theire reason is the hops pellets are belong to Foodstuff and must be inspected carefully. meanwhile, our forwarder also cheated us, which made us waiting for vessle booking for 2 weeks, we are driving crazy. so we decided to goods delivery by flight, right now we are waiting for space booking in order, it will be sooner for us to get the confirmation. we do not know how to explain what happened on us this time, hope good luck is coming up to us.

Carol Wang: What happened are out of our control and ability, wordless........

Carol Wang: Dear Mr. Sanders, we are willing to offer you discounted prices in next time as our compensation.

OK, so as you see, what they are saying is they cant get the hops booked on a flight.
I am starting to worry a little when they will be shipped. I would almost think its a scam, BUT I have received a bucket load of paperwork, including Govt inspections clearances, so the hops are there, BUT seems we are having problems getting them shipped due to them being a foodstuff.

Who said the Chinese dont take seriously the inspection and cleaniness of food exports

Anyway, it remains a waiting game.

You know as much as I do. Except I was talking again today, and the hope is now this weekend they will be flown out.

Craftbrewer

we are willing to offer you discounted prices in next time as our compensation.

Thanks for the update Graham. Sounds like a nightmare for Mrs Wang and yourself. Are they willing to give you a discount on this first batch? Its nice of them to offer it for next time, though I doubt that will happen again. I cant believe that its so difficult given they're the 3rd or 4th biggest hop manufacturer and they cant organise a few kilos.....or the proverbial piss up in a brewery! :lol:
Cheers
Steve

Would be nice for a discount this time, but it could be taken as a good sign that they anticipate return business by offering it next time. I'm sure they will be here before we know it.

I'm going through this positive thinking phase. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back