The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of research from yours truly has discovered what Marco Polo is.

Marco Polo = Columbus. The rhizhomes were supplied many years ago by Hopunion.
My understanding is that it doesn't have the finese of the USA hop, but looks like being a great buy :)
My guess is that the Cascade probably had similar origin.

Cheers Ross

Tell me the truth, you knew this a while back, you saw not many were buying them so you stocked up. Then you decided to release this information after all orders were finalised, so there would be a strong demand for them and you'd have plenty in stock to sell (with a small profit, of course!).

Well played, Ross! :icon_cheers:

I stay with honorable cruster hops for my folex crone

xxxx_dude.JPG

Aus Post Satchels are now being received and collated.

For postal address to send your self addressed Australia Post Satchel(s) to please email me at:

[email protected]

In your email Please state the following essential info:

your "nick" as stated on the purchase list, e.g BribieG, fatgodzilla etc.
your real name as appearing on the bag, as I wouldn't have a clue who Horace Prendergast is whatever :rolleyes:

Pls don't PM me to avoid inbox overflows, flood control etc.

As I receive the bags I'll acknowledge by email and also, on this thread, post a progressive list of the ones I have received.

To ensure you get the full weight - bearing in mind that Aus Post can be picky if it goes over a few grams - the bag or bags you will need to send are:

Hop order: bag size

1k - 3kg

2k - 3kg

3k - 5kg

4k - 5kg

5k - 5kg plus a 3kg

etc.
You get the idea :icon_cheers:

Look forward to them getting here from Monday onwards :)

Edit: when sending the satchels you will be pleasantly surprised to find that one of them, folded neatly, will fit nicely into an ordinary el cheapo envelope, a bit like the TARDIS. So won't cost you much to send.

Aus Post Satchels are now being received and collated.

For postal address to send your self addressed Australia Post Satchel(s) to please email me at:

[email protected]

Please state your "nick" as stated on the purchase list, e.g BribieG, fatgodzilla etc.
Pls don't PM me to avoid inbox overflows, flood control etc.

As I receive the bags I'll acknowledge by email and also, on this thread, post a progressive list of the ones I have received.

To ensure you get the full weight - bearing in mind that Aus Post can be picky if it goes over a few grams - the bag or bags you will need to send are:

1k - 3kg

2k - 3kg

3k - 5kg

4k - 5kg

5k - 5kg plus a 3kg

etc.

Look forward to them getting here from Monday onwards :)

Your extremely efficient Bribie, you should organize a Sunshine Coast Brew Club !

Batz

Meeting at Woorim Beach every fourth Sunday :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMPORTANT UPDATE

With the hops now on a ship heading to Australia, the next stage of this excercise is now ready to roll.

The hops could turn up anytime in the next 3 weeks.

BribieG has kindly put his hand up to co-ordinate the receiving of all the satchels for the distribution, and as a contact point for the organising of the labour force for the packing in Brisbane. So when he starts organising lists of packers willing to help, as well as satchels, well he is the man.

As we have stated, it is your responsibility to organise the satchels to be sent to BribieG so he can organise them. His e-mail address to contact him for the address to send them is

[email protected]

Now in a previous post he has stated what is the recommended sizes, IF YOU WANT THE FULL WEIGHT. If you are happy with a little pearing down of the weight ie 900grams in a 1kg satchel, you can send that satchel if you wish.

I thnk its quite clear from the posts what the score is. We will fill any satchel to just under its maximum weight. What you send is up to you.

PLEASE FILL OUT ALL DETAILS ON THE SATCHEL BEFORE SENDING - The whole idea of this is to save the packers time.

NOTE - What if you dont send a statchel. Well your order stays in the packing room. If you do eventually send one, IT MAY BE PACKED ONE DAY - but that is at the convience of the poor sod who has the hops. He may not want to do any packing for weeks.

NOTE AGAIN - We wont be chasing you up for the satchels. You dont send, you dont get. Any uncollected hops we will probably give away.

As we get closer, BribieG will ask for a list of packers, as the date of packing firms up. The more the merrier on this issue.

well thats enough til now.

Craftbrewer
Graham L Sanders

IMPORTANT UPDATE

With the hops now on a ship heading to Australia, the next stage of this excercise is now ready to roll.

The hops could turn up anytime in the next 3 weeks.

BribieG has kindly put his hand up to co-ordinate the receiving of all the satchels for the distribution, and as a contact point for the organising of the labour force for the packing in Brisbane. So when he starts organising lists of packers willing to help, as well as satchels, well he is the man.

As we have stated, it is your responsibility to organise the satchels to be sent to BribieG so he can organise them. His e-mail address to contact him for the address to send them is

[email protected]

Now in a previous post he has stated what is the recommended sizes, IF YOU WANT THE FULL WEIGHT. If you are happy with a little pearing down of the weight ie 900grams in a 1kg satchel, you can send that satchel if you wish.

I thnk its quite clear from the posts what the score is. We will fill any satchel to just under its maximum weight. What you send is up to you.

PLEASE FILL OUT ALL DETAILS ON THE SATCHEL BEFORE SENDING - The whole idea of this is to save the packers time.

NOTE - What if you dont send a statchel. Well your order stays in the packing room. If you do eventually send one, IT MAY BE PACKED ONE DAY - but that is at the convience of the poor sod who has the hops. He may not want to do any packing for weeks.

NOTE AGAIN - We wont be chasing you up for the satchels. You dont send, you dont get. Any uncollected hops we will probably give away.

As we get closer, BribieG will ask for a list of packers, as the date of packing firms up. The more the merrier on this issue.

well thats enough til now.

Craftbrewer
Graham L Sanders

Do we Know the name of the ship Graham?.

1k - 3kg

2k - 3kg

3k - 5kg

4k - 5kg

5k - 5kg plus a 3kg

etc.

Bribie,

Perhaps I have missed something in the previous posts but how are the individual hops being packed inside the post satchels?
I mean if someone has ordered more than one type of hop & only sent one satchel they will get a hopburst :icon_drool2: unless the hops are packed individually.

TP

Bribie,

Perhaps I have missed something in the previous posts but how are the individual hops being packed inside the post satchels?
I mean if someone has ordered more than one type of hop & only sent one satchel they will get a hopburst :icon_drool2: unless the hops are packed individually.

TP

Freezer Bags???

Dont forget you're going to need to label the bags with type and AA

Yes, hops will be packed into freezer bags, in 1 kg lots. They will be marked with a permanent marker pen with type and aau.

Then they will be taped up so thy dont come undone, and packed into satchels. So yes, you could have 3 different bags in a 3 kg satchel for instance,

Craftbrewer

Yes, hops will be packed into freezer bags, in 1 kg lots. They will be marked with a permanent marker pen with type and aau.

Then they will be taped up so thy dont come undone, and packed into satchels. So yes, you could have 3 different bags in a 3 kg satchel for instance,

Craftbrewer

Are the packers supplying the freezer bags or is it something we need to include in our self addressed packs?

A 'ream' or whatever they come in will be provided centrally as part of the 'contingency fund' so no need to send anything.

Ross made a good suggestion to get somewhat more heavy duty polythene bags which can be heat sealed and he will make his sealer available out of trading hours. Sounds like a deal. In other words if you have ever ordered a 500 or a kilo of Cara from Craftbrewer then that's how the hops will most likely arrive.

Fine tuning in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back