Se Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys... i've serverely stuffed up... Just discovered I'm away at a concert Saturday night, so going to have to miss this one :(
Going to drown my sorrows at The Scratch tonight, if anyone fancies a warm up....

Ross

Woo!

Getting close now! I can almost feel the hangover on Sunday... ;)

Off to stock up on bread and nibbles this arvo, then decide what beer I'm bottling for the swap, and what keg to take. Some QC of the available stocks may be in order.....

Cheers!

EDIT: poor form Ross... Unless its Flight of the Conchords, then I understand....

Got heaps of sausages for brekkie last night, swap beer is bottled and carbed.
Now I just got to decide which keg to take, can't say I've found one I'm happy with yet.

Might have to spend this morning and try them all again, hoping that something half decent will magically appear.

Guys... i've serverely stuffed up... Just discovered I'm away at a concert Saturday night, so going to have to miss this one :(
Going to drown my sorrows at The Scratch tonight, if anyone fancies a warm up....

Ross

You need a PA these days mate. :p
Anyway, whats wrong with dropping in and having a few quiet ales with your mate prior to the concert???
View attachment 55613
Oh.

EDIT: poor form Ross... Unless its Flight of the Conchords, then I understand....

you got it in one.... Actually, going with Josh so will get over for a couple before the show & while you are all still conscious...

cheers Ross

Didn't get working last night they found a glitch in our paper work :huh: so the boss just off the phone all good for tonight and could you work tomorrow night :lol: :lol: no chance

you got it in one.... Actually, going with Josh so will get over for a couple before the show & while you are all still conscious...

cheers Ross

I was going to be in the same boat, but left my run too late on tickets and could only get restricted view side tix. Bugger that for the price they're going for.

Oh well, maybe next time :)

I'll be looking for someone with swapping experience to sort out the actual swapping process on the day, and a couple of arsistants. Hopefully we can get it over and done with early.

Happy to do the swapping, don't need any arsistants either.

can't decide whether this would be a good Addition to my keg for the night:

DSC_0638.JPG

To keep the bag afloat, so the beer can flow freely through the flowers. Probably overkill, but I've heard ya olde Pete uses floating keyrings for the same purpose. Doesn't hurt to chuck them in I guess.

Flowers are German Hallertauer Mittelfrh into a simcoe dry hopped APilsA :wacko:

To keep the bag afloat, so the beer can flow freely through the flowers. Probably overkill, but I've heard ya olde Pete uses floating keyrings for the same purpose. Doesn't hurt to chuck them in I guess.

Flowers are German Hallertauer Mittelfrh into a simcoe dry hopped APilsA :wacko:
One of my first APAs I had Amarillo in a stocking. The stocking got sucked up into the keg out tube.

You guys can stick your randall - that was some powerful hopping!

(so yeah, a bit of floating would be good ;))

What time was kick off Perry.... Midday-ish?

Ross
What time?

I'm OUT of all the fun ,

due to my swap beer exploding and trying to rip my eyeball in half last sunday arvo . i used glass and regret it now. it was really coming along nicely as it was bottled in march . i cant risk swaping them and causing any harm to others . so sorry to yous all and have fun guys :icon_cheers: looking foward to the feedback on the bismark :icon_vomit: :rolleyes:

edit: for the record i have been bottling in glass for six years and have never had a bottle bomb befor . ever! until now ! <_<

I'm OUT of all the fun ,

due to my swap beer exploding and trying to rip my eyeball in half last sunday arvo . i used glass and regret it now. it was really coming along nicely as it was bottled in march . i cant risk swaping them and causing any harm to others . so sorry to yous all and have fun guys :icon_cheers: looking foward to the feedback on the bismark :icon_vomit: :rolleyes:

1st rule of case swap - do not use glass... (OK, so it puh-robably isn't the 1st rule, but it is a rule IIRC...).

Sorry to hear your pulling from the swap NN. Will you still be disgracing the group with your presense???

That reminds me... [Mental note - make a last minute, cameo appearance after a day of shifting-house frivolity... :chug: ]

GG

Latest posts

Back