SE QLD Xmas-in-28th of June 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
What's with all these Toowoomba pikers.. It's not that far ;)
I think they all get wobbly legs from the change in altitude and can't stand up after 5pm. At least that's usually my problem.

That sound like a damn fine excuse for wobbly legs at a beer swap.. Might have to use that one..

NickB said:
If you're not on the swap list (pretty sure you're not) then just bring your keg and glass! There's likely to be a heap of kegs there this year looking at attendance numbers (20+perhaps), so I'm sure you won't go dry. I'll even shout you a beer ;)

Those of us in the swap will bring 21 bottles of our finest, and each swapper will leave with one bottle of each other's beers...

Cheers
Ahhh ok cool, that makes sense!

Is the swap this weekend? Better brew my beer for the swap tonight then :lol:

Have we got a definite list of swappers yet?

Everyone on the list is confirmed - 21 swappers :)

Sweet. 7 spare DW's for drinking Saturday night. Better put them in the fridge tonight... And then somehow avoid opening the fridge until Saturday lunch time for packing straight into esky.

I was explaining the swap to my wife and I explained that all I do is one batch of beer, and I get 21 different beers back. For free. How awesome is that??? She looked very unexcited...... pffft, chicks...

:super: :kooi: :beer: :party:

Liam_snorkel said:
Each person in the swap writes their number (I'm no# 7 in this one) on each bottle of their contribution. Then Parks surfs on them and some magic happens you end up with one of everyone else's beer
post-8526-14022255892071_thumb.jpg

After those formalities are taken care of, everyone responsibly imbibes in an ale or two and teleports to tomorrow.
I just thought I'd quote Liam's explanation of how the swap works. I imagine (and confirmed by a couple of previous attendees) that it is a frighteningly accurate description of the night.

Still undecided about bringing them. They are freaking noisy and I am rubbish. And I've no time to practice between now and then.

But why the hell not. Play them in the afternoon when I am "somewhat" sober and it can't annoy the neighbours too much....

I am a sucker for peer pressure sometimes. Although there is no chance I am wearing a penis costume!

Lo winkle,
I got a bit of wood here,do we need a wheel barrow?
Probably enough fetch and carriers there if I get there early enough hey.

wood.JPG

wombil said:
Lo winkle,

attachicon.gif
wood.JPG

Plenty of young bucks there to carry wood mate. Looking forward to a beer with you again.

Batz

Now don't forget folks, if you can spare some change I will have a donation box out for the RSPCA on Sat....All hops from my keg were supplied by Stone and Wood so I'd like to give a little back!

Cheers

wombil said:
Lo winkle,

attachicon.gif
wood.JPG
Good on you Wombil, top work! I'll save some Saison Noir for you :super:

1) Winkle, Apricot, Sour, Confused, Remorseful.[/font][/font][/color]
2) Beersuit - American Wheat.
3) Benken25 - Raunchybier
4) Earle - smoked rye porter (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew - Chocpricot Mild Ale + Baabra for fun times
6) Robv - Red IPA
7) Liam_snorkel - cherrywood rauch dunkelweizen
8 ) lukiferj - Reign in Blood Red IPA
9) Parks - Single hop Amarillo IPA, mad swap-bottle surfing skills as per usual
10) Daemon - Zythos IPA
11) Angus - drunken weasel
12)
13) ballantynebrew - Vintage Ale
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - Most likely an APA with too many hops... And a keg of IIPA with definitely too many hops... will also be wearing my pirate costume, well actually it is a gay pirate costume, well actually the costume isn't gay, its only gay when I am wearing it, but don't worry I am still gay when I am not wearing it, so bring your bronco costume Pete and we can play gay pirate horsey games..........hmm maybe I should wear my gay cowboy outfit.
16) Snow - "Batzlove special white juice" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18) leahy268 - Cascade and Galaxy pale ale
19) Donske - Rye Dark Mild
20) tazman1967 - Kraken Rum Oak Aged Stout
21) madpierre - If I may join the festivities, something beery and basic and depending on how future work roster holds up, for the moment I am in though
22) Seehuusen - Blueberry Hefeweizen

Updated my beer. Bottled it tonight, just enough left in the keg for some QA.. Turned out alright ;)

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403780647.988945.jpg

Back