SE QLD Xmas-in-28th of June 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manson81 said:
Ok, I'm a late comer but I'll be there! Got a keg of pale ale there, just gotta gas it up, and find my bronco tap. If anyone can help out with a way of keeping it cold, that'd be awesome!
I don't really have a portable keg set up...
Bring a bag of ice and we should be able to sort something out.

Naturally the promised firewood hasn't appeared as yet, so if you can spare some, bring it along.

I've got plenty of old wood in my backyard, but not chainsaw. If anyone wants to bring one round, we can chop it up!
I'm in stafford..

It's a bit far for me to bring firewood, I'll bring some matches but.

I've been ramping up my mid-week drinking to try and prime my system for the onslaught. Don't think it is going to work though. Poor poor liver!!

The wife has scheduled a family trip to Movie World Saturday morning (with all the other 1000's whose yearly passes are expiring end of June :blink: :angry:) so I may end up turning up a bit late. I'll just neck a few beers on the drive from the southside to make sure I'm keeping up.

I was going to bring my mini-mobile setup but haven't really worked out the problems with pouring pressure and line length, so will bring my gas bottle, small wheely bin, and couple of budget flow control taps. Will have a spare ball-lock disconnect and tap for someone. I'll have to check that 2 * 19L cornies will fit in the bin. Pretty sure they do. Otherwise I'll just run gas and beer line outside the bin for someone.

:beerbang: :party:

I can assure you catching up will be very easy once you get there :p

Make it 2pm, mate. We'll try and get the swap sorted at 4pm so things don't get completely random (I'd put the bottles in you car or a bag or something once its done, so that bottles don't get accidently drunk from the wrong lot).
Remember to bring a drinking vessel, quality beer (your own or craft) and money for a evening pizza run.

ok i have to work saturday ,so if anyone wants me to bring anything from craftbrewer,get your orders in by sat morning or better friday night and ill thow them in my van after work and bring them with me,
just make sure to put (kegs will bring to case swap for me) in the comments when you order and make sure they are paid, cheers see you all there saturday,

Hrmz, that sounds like a great idea Kegs. I need some of the smaller silicone bungs (you remember you asked me if I should get the smaller ones :D)...

Benken just picked up my beers to bring down to the swap. Thanks Ben. Dissappointed I won't be able to make it but looking forward to trying everyone's swap beers.

Hey guys,
Due to the nature of my work, I have 6 large poly boxes to give away for FREE ..
These are the ones used in the fishmarkets..
These are perfect for Florian type kegerators..
First in gets them.

Should say a big thanks to Anthony from Toowoomba home brew for taking my swap beers down as well.. also wish I was there.. looking forward to tasting everones drops....

Probably too warm down here for them. And not foggy enough...

:ph34r:

Really looking forward to meeting all of you lot, sounds like its going to be a great night :)
I might have to get some beers on the way down. My swap batch came in at exactly 21 bottles and the only other thing I've got is a batz lager with slightly different hops. It is juuuust about ready to drink, might be ok by Saturday ;)
Lagers take too long compared to a tasty pale ale/ipa IMO

15L batches are great for playing/practice, but not to sustain my drinking habits when only brewing so often... Bring on the bigger batches using the batz burner/keg :D

So I'm not entirely sure how it all works with the swapping, but I've just got a keg of pale ale to bring down, figured we'd just all be sampling each others on the day?
Haven't got any bottled for swapping to take home..

If you're not on the swap list (pretty sure you're not) then just bring your keg and glass! There's likely to be a heap of kegs there this year looking at attendance numbers (20+perhaps), so I'm sure you won't go dry. I'll even shout you a beer ;)

Those of us in the swap will bring 21 bottles of our finest, and each swapper will leave with one bottle of each other's beers...

Cheers

Latest posts

Back