Queensland Xmas Swap 2010 @ the BatCave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true, and what happened to Chappo?

He's not in the Queensland Brewerhood any more Andrew

Chappo, Chappo

viking.jpg

Batz

It looks as if earlier rather than later November would suit more brewers. Shall we set a tentative date of the 13th. ?

Batz

The 13th eh?

What could possibly go wrong?

:icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

13 is my favourite number, so works for me. I'll have 13 beers to celebrate tonight, and see if TidalPete is free to call Rook again..... :ph34r:

Batz, why not a pig on a spit, I can get one for $150.00 - $200.00 if you can come up with a spit. Or I can bring it in cuts of roasts and bbq it? :icon_drool2:

3. Scruffy. ...Scruffy is going to try and make an imperial chocolatey vanillary liquoricary stout.
4. Bradsbrew - Castlemaine Dry clone
5.scoundrel_rogue - fermented scraping from white cotton socks
7. AndrewQld - Dependent on date, Blue Cheese and Dark Strong Belgian Ale
8. DKS - Fosters Light Ice clone
9. Thomas J. TBA
10. Winkle - 2010 Carpathian Darkling ~9.5%
13. Nick B - Fermented goat semen
17. Batz - Something free of semen
21.Clean Brewer - Fermented Semen of Incider

I think Batz only likes cooking when someone else is doing it :ph34r:

I totally agree, especially with some of the drunken bastards that show up to these events :p

It looks as if earlier rather than later November would suit more brewers. Shall we set a tentative date of the 13th. ?

Batz

Cricket usually starts around the 22nd -25th Nov so that suits us Brisbanite cricket nuts perfect. It'll also give us some speculating and jousting amongst ourselves to add to the fun seeing there are so many expat pom brewers here getting cancer rays, free of charge that time of year. Should be good fun.
"C'monstraylya"
Daz

Just mentioned to SWMBO that I will be away on the weekend of the 13th Nov for another brewers meeting, she rolled her eyes and mumbled something so I take that as leave pass permitted.

I'm in.

Quite happy to bring something along food wise. What about that pizza oven Batz we could give it a work out. And some garlic/pesto breads in the old wood oven. Some roasts cooked in camp ovens mmmmmmmmmmmm I'm hungry

Brad

13th Nov is good for me at this stage. Shall make relevent entry (in ink) in SHMBO's diary. If I can stay awake longer than I did at Winkles, then we can watch the Wallabies play England in the wee hours of sunday morning.... Bring your union jack undies Scruffy :D

Cheers - Snow

1. Snow - Imperial Belgian coffee oatmeal chocolate vanilla acerola labrador piss.
3. Scruffy. ...Scruffy is going to try and make an imperial chocolatey vanillary liquoricary stout.
9. Thomas J. TBA

I have all the gear to piece together a SPIT capable of cooking a pig if all are keen.....
Promise not to be crook this time......

9. Thomas J. TBA
15.Lilo - Something Beery methinks

Ok count me in on this one, By the way I drove through Kin Kin a few weeks ago... I didn't see much, but I did blink at the time.

6. Gavo.... Beer
9. Thomas J. TBA

Gavo

Batz, why not a pig on a spit, I can get one for $150.00 - $200.00 if you can come up with a spit. Or I can bring it in cuts of roasts and bbq it? :icon_drool2:

No way possum !

You know what time those buggers start when doing a pig? It's quite a responsibility and I'm very irresponsible. You want a pig on a spit the BatCave is not the place your going to find it.
OK that's out :icon_cheers:

Quite happy to bring something along food wise. What about that pizza oven Batz we could give it a work out. And some garlic/pesto breads in the old wood oven. Some roasts cooked in camp ovens mmmmmmmmmmmm I'm hungry

We can do a few pizzas for sure but I don't want it to be just a pizza night. Camp ovens (and I have several) they sound good ATM, it's getting a bit warm to stand around a fire in November, or it was before global warming.

Hahahahah, yeah Batz... where is your sense of adventure!

I'll take the slipper to you if you don't behave !

I think Batz only likes cooking when someone else is doing it

I totally agree, especially with some of the drunken bastards that show up to these events

Someone understands me, thanks Nickie.

When I host one of these events ease of everything means a hell of lot to me. If everyone brings along something either for our meal or for breckie life is so much more enjoyable for my wife and I. You have to remember things move kinda slow up in these here hills.

Batz

Ok count me in on this one, By the way I drove through Kin Kin a few weeks ago... I didn't see much, but I did blink at the time.

1. TidalPete .... Oriental Tuckerbox IPA or something similar
6. Gavo.... Beer
9. Thomas J. TBA

Gavo

TP

TidalPete .... Chinese Customs IPA

BTW - I'm out due to family holiday...have a good one ya Bars#$%^DS

PB

1. TidalPete .... Oriental Tuckerbox IPA or something similar
6. Gavo.... Beer
9. Thomas J. TBA
16. Daemon - Cotton socks + Krausen from NickB's batch + trub from DKS's batch, brewed at 35C :)
17. Batz - Something easy drinking for the warmer weather.

Thanks for volunteering to host Batz, hopefully there's no flooding :)

Latest posts

Back