Nsw Xmas In July Case 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That a VT Tone? I like how you've also blurred the number plate....c'mon mate what you hiding?

na mate.........its a VS with the specked up VT motor. More power.......... less weight in the car!

back on topic hey............ i will get in trouble :ph34r:

cheers

PS......... schooey........ PM me you address!

Anyone in the Bankstown, Georges Hall, Milperra etc etc region that might be able to take my swap case with them on the 28th? I won't be able to make it on the day.

Cheers
DK

After 3 months of patiently waiting, I bottled my French oak porter. Just managed get 28 longies out.
Not sure if it'll be carbonated by the time of the swap though. I'm recommending it to be 'warm conditioned' for a month or so, just to be sure.
Seemed pretty good coming out of the fermenter, so hopefully it'll remain that way by the time it gets out to all you folks!

Cut the labels out for mine today.
Redbeard is doing me proud and picking up my entry as I'll be overseas the weekend of the swap.

Looking forward to returning to a nice selection of brews.

Beers,
Doc

I'm possibly going to have to withdraw... the beer I brewed for this is still cloudy and not ready to bottle. I tried to pitch some skimmed Whitbread Ale, but the donor beer had passed krausen when I pitched :eek: and the only dry yeast I had in the house was some Craftbrewer Belgian Ale yeast in a 24g pack (was that T-58?), so I dropped that in there. Anyway, not sure if it'll pass muster, so if it doesn't clear up and improve to my satisfaction by next weekend, I'm going to have to withdraw.

Maybe a fining agent is required Pomo ?
Still two weeks to go, so have my fingers crossed you make it.

Beers,
Doc

I've got some Isinglass, but I just want to make sure the yeast is finished first. Don't want to add to the count of gushers :)

Anyone in the Bankstown, Georges Hall, Milperra etc etc region that might be able to take my swap case with them on the 28th? I won't be able to make it on the day.

Cheers
DK

I should be able to help you out DK. Just remind me by PM closer to the 28th as I've got a terrible memory.

Jez

Mine was bottled over the weekend. Tasted pretty good if a bit young. Might need a few more weeks out of the fridge after swap day. It's come in at 9.8% so it should be just hitting it's stride by September. B)

Bottled my contribution yesterday, with my little helper Laura 8yrs old.
Some kinda ale you should enjoy. No guidelines followed on this one and tastes good out of the fermenter !
Laura put the sugar in the bottles ( all of them i hope :) and asked ' if your beer is so good dad , why are you giving it away' ?....

B)

did i get moderated? :huh:

Im sure i posted something to PM saying to enter it anyway.... its too close to the end to pull out :p

I must have said something offensive

I guess we will never know!

...............and so the sands drift throught the hourglass............ :)

Im sure i posted something to PM saying to enter it anyway.... its too close to the end to pull out :p

I had a look in the place where killed posts go and nothing was there from this thread?? Maybe the Add Reply button dodged your mouse?

I think I will enter it anyway. I'm disappointed, but it may yet come good. I'll give it a rack, some finings and some cold conditioning. Apart from the pong of the yeast, it's OK. The mystery hops is also a bit of a fizzer. Nothing there at all. I might dry hop in the CC just to give it ~something~ goddamnit.

Checked the history for the topic. No moderation has been done on this topic at all.

Doc

cool.......... thanks guys.

I must have muffed it................ thats whay i asked :)

Im not 100% happy with my stout either but i get maybe 1 beer a year im very happy with. this years just ran out. the Greman pils............. oh it was nice on tap for 50 liters :)

The stout is nice but its not perfect.......... but when is home brew perfect?

so i say enter it and we will be gentle with you :)

cheers

Well I racked it and added Isinglass which I could almost see working as it went in. Will rack again and feed it some EKG or cascase... hmmm. This is not just an "unhappy with" beer, but a bad fermentation. We'll take it as a test of my recovery skills or something :)

Its a cute beer but you just cant feed it after midnight :lol:

Kabooby ;)

Well I bottled my effort yesterday. I posted a topic in the AG section here :

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=23457

about some of the problems I've been having.

Was hoping to do a bit more with this brew, mainly dry hop, but given the above thought it best to get it in the bottle asap. After having to run it through the filter and losing so much beer to the crud that is in the fermenter I just managed to squeeze out the 28 bottles (650ml bottles too).

Bottom line, it tastes OK, hope it turns out alright over the coming weeks.

Latest posts

Back