Nsw Xmas In July Case 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuster

Big mash up
Reaction score
Well, after some prompting from Steve, I decided to start this up for another year. The rest is blatantly copied from Duff's thread last year. :rolleyes:

What do you say fellow NSW'ers? July is fast approaching, so if you are interested you have nearly 4 months to craft your finest for the third annual NSW Xmas in July Case Swap.

So, some rules if I may:

1. You will supply 28 bottles of your finest hand crafted to be delivered to a designated drop off point to be determined. There will be drop off points at different points around Sydney and hopefully Newcastle.
2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screwtops are acceptable. NO CHAMPAGNE BOTTLES.
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the drop off point in milk crates which aid in easy sorting.
4. The places will be limited to the first 28 who register their interest. If there are any extra, then there will be an alternate list opened. If you decide to put your name in now and due to unforeseen circumstances have to withdraw close to the swap date, it is your responsibility to find a replacement, otherwise it will be pins in voodoo dolls for 30 days tongue.gif
5. The date for the swap will be determined by the end of May, but at this stage a rough estimate could call it in at June 30, 2008.

So, who's in?

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. ?

I'll be in, thanks

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty

I think I'll let someone else have a turn this time.
I've been in the last couple.
If there's not enough people later, I'll join.

Cheers, Duane.

I think I'll sit this one out too, let somebody else have a go.

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo

Can't wait, having missed the last one.

Can we have an agreement now tho.... anyone whose beer is overcarbonated to the point of making volcanoes will be publicly humiliated? I hate losing half my case down the drain.

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog

Now what to make?

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby

This is a bit early

Finally made the first list

Kabooby :)

I think I'll sit this one out too, let somebody else have a go.

I'll take Goatherder's spot. I just loved the Xmas swap and now that I'm AG I love the experimentation.

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla

Count me in! The Crissy caseswap was great fun!

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus

Me is in.

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab

Orrrrr c'mon goatherder, that Czechy Darky at Chrissy was a beautaahhhhyyy. Can we expect an AG fgz???

Me is in.

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab

Orrrrr c'mon goatherder, that Czechy Darky at Chrissy was a beautaahhhhyyy. Can we expect an AG fgz???

I'll try an AG czech dark lager. Like you, more than impressed with GH's Xmas drop. was the highlight beer of my tasting!
Got the pilsner malt, some choc malt, melanoiden malt - need the yeast. But guarenteed, all AG. I'll practice on the IBUs, they are less fussy ! :lol:

This is a bit early

Finally made the first list

Kabooby :)

I thought so too, but I had a quick look back at the last two years and we actually started it about this time or even a bit earlier. Anyway, good to have enough time for those who might make big beers. Hint, hint. :p

OT, but had your dubbel last night, kabooby. :D

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
11. redbeard - my beer is going to ELEVEN !!

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight

Guess I'll take 10 then?

For that, my friend, we will be honest in our appraisal of your beer from now on :p

THE TRUTH, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !

thinking_3.jpg

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight
12. Gulpa

Lets try this again.

Id love to join in the fun again folks but ive stopped brewing till further notice.

I have managed to infect 400 liters of beer in the last few months so something is very wrong somewhere. Either in the outlet of my kettle or its in my firmenters.

Im almost out of beer so it will be cordial for me for the next few months till i can afford to replace all my brewing equipment.

The rig will be getting rebuilt too with some mods to how i drain from the kettle.

maybe next year.

cheers

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight
12. Gulpa
13. SAH

Latest posts

Back