Nsw Xmas In July Case 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stout is nice but its not perfect.......... but when is home brew perfect?

its a good job SJW isnt in on the case or you'd be getting a severe reprimand for substandard offerings :p :D
Cheers
Steve

Just to highlight the fact I have too much time on my hands...I went to the trouble of making labels for mine. :D
French_Oak_Porter_label.jpg

2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screwtops are acceptable. NO CHAMPAGNE BOTTLES.

Um, they are supposed to be 750ml bottles, Gav. I guess we can let you off this time, as long as you make them magnums next time. :p

Sheeeet,, solly solly, no good.

I can drop out if you like, gotta get to the bottom of my mash problems

I can drop out if you like, gotta get to the bottom of my mash problems

No, don't be silly. Nice to have some practice on recognising faults. :lol: :ph34r:

(Only joking. But now I'm really in for it if there's anything wrong with my beer. :unsure: )

:lol:

Everyone is shitting themselves

And my Stout has about 50IBU of.......... um......... um....... :unsure: ........ hops!!!!! yeah nice hops in it.

Its not a case swap............ its an adventure!

cheers

Everyone is shitting themselves

Not fulling shitting Tony......... justly lightly soiling!!!!! :lol:

No, I'm quite sure mine'll be fine just need to understand where this 10 pounds of sludgy guff is coming from in my cubes. It's not effecting the end brew, an APA I'm drinking now had the same problem, which the filter got rid of, and is drinking very nicely right now.

It might be heaps of break.

I have found since i started using a bigger burner and boiling my smaller cubed batches harder, i get clearer No-chill beers but there is 3 inches or more of break in the cube.

cheers

Decisions decisions.

Just going through my bottle store, have a few contenders with enough bottled to make the draw. Will sample them shortly and then lock in my contribution.

Decisions decisions.

Just going through my bottle store, have a few contenders with enough bottled to make the draw. Will sample them shortly and then lock in my contribution.

What are the choices, PoL? Maybe you should start a poll. ;)

My first batch for this: FAIL.

I'll be entering my floaty English Ordinary Bitter instead...

The selection was an English ale, almost bock wheat and a Munich lager.

Three of us judged them, tough work to do. The winner was the Munich lager. All packaged up and has started its journey.

Redbeard picked up my entry tonight.
I killed his taste buds with my Pliny clone.

My entry is ready to drink as soon as you chill it down. Get into it early case swappers.

Beers,
Doc

I'll be out of the country for the next 2 weeks, so I dropped my stout off at Josh's today. I just had a sample and although the carbonation is still pretty low, it should be ready to drink by the swap date, but leaving it for another week or 2 wouldn't hurt either.

cheers
nifty

Well folks............... im going to have to pull my stout from the swap.

There is nothing wrong with it. I really like it actually.

But sitting here drinking the ESB i made recently............... i think i will enter it instead :)

Its character packed. Sweet malt, deep dark caramel notes, bitter hops and nutty soft yeast holding it all together.

1469 TTL yeast by the way.

I like it better so im entering it. Only thing is i have to change the number on the cap to the case swap number.

It hurts me a bit to give it all away but i do want to enter something nice for the masses.

cheers

How did the swap go fellas ?

Doc

Doh, a week ahead of schedule.

Ooops, just realised that I should have labled my caps with my swap number. I did put a sticker on all of them saying PoL, so I hope this gets me past the mark. There is also a lable taped on the side with a brief description of the beer.

Latest posts

Back