Nsw Xmas In July Case 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit!
Seems my second batch is infected with the same taint as the first batch. Went to bottle last night, tasted a sample and it's farked. Time to break out the caustic solution.

Sorry folks, looks like you're down to 27.

Damn, that's a shame. Now we lose our hop guessing game. :(

Hope to see you in next time, PoMo. Time to kick the contaminations. Hmmm, now when did you start doing this floating mash business? ;)

The hop guess was to be for the first infected batch. The second batch just used EKG, so I would have had to buy a whole box of Mars bars.

I'll let that slight to my new mashing religion slide... this time :p

Just a bump for this. The swap is on THIS SATURDAY in case you'd forgotten. :lol:

PM Josh if you don't know where it is. Would be good if everyone could put the details of their beers in the wiki, here.

And happy birthday to Josh for today while we're at it. Have a good one but make sure you're still up for Saturday! :D

Well, just finished bottling my effort. Oatmeal stout a bit more bitter than I had intended but I'll let the discerning jury have a crack at it anyway cause I like being in on these case swaps.

Was my second AG only and the first one without knowledgeable brewers in company so it'll be interesting to see comments.

What is the plan for the swap day. Are we just swapping the beers an buggering off or are people sticking around for some general tastings or even some sort of BBQ goodness. (Please excuse me if I have missed this earlier in the thread, had a quick seach an couldn't find details). I hope to come up with fatgodzilla if there is the promise of some fun on the day.

Now off for the clean up....loooove bottling <_<

What is the plan for the swap day. Are we just swapping the beers an buggering off or are people sticking around for some general tastings or even some sort of BBQ goodness. (Please excuse me if I have missed this earlier in the thread, had a quick seach an couldn't find details). I hope to come up with fatgodzilla if there is the promise of some fun on the day.
If the last swap was anything to go by, theres no doubt there'll be some brews to try on the day! :beerbang:
May have to bring a few of my own along just to see if they're up to par...

Is anybody near(ish) Lane Cove and able to take my case along? I've got a few things on (i.e. finishing building a shed.) I can drop it off on Saturday morning if anybody can help out.

Cheers,

Jon

Is anybody near(ish) Lane Cove and able to take my case along? I've got a few things on (i.e. finishing building a shed.) I can drop it off on Saturday morning if anybody can help out.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon, I'll take yours along. PM me your address and a phone number, and I'll pick it up on my way.

I will bring down a couple of bottles of POR stout and see what peoples opinions are.

cheers

I probably wont be able to stay too long. Keen to meet some names and have a chat.

I have 8 milk crates in the ute and its ready to go.

Now the only thing im not looking forward to........... the nightmare that is............. SYDNEY!

Sorry but i hate the place, its clostraphobic

Ive never driven on any of these moroeways on the whereis map so should be even more fun than usual.

Schooey cant make it, he has to work so im winging it alone.

Gunna load up some tunes for the trip. Was gonna wash all the dust off it (there were cobwebs in the wheel arches when i took it for a pink slip of wednesday) but no time now.

see you all tomorrow. If i get lost i wont be thirsty :)

cheers

Just bottled my entry...Yeah I know, I'm cutting it fine.....

Not too sure about it now...

Just remember to..

"wait before trying Number 28...It'll need some time to carbonate"

James and I were only able to bottle our entries last weekend so give "23" and "24" at least 4 weeks or longer before giving then a go.

I can't make it today but James & his other half will be there with his, mine & DK's entries.

Have fun!

Jez

Despite a couple of no-shows <_< the swap went well (if a touch chaotically :icon_cheers: ). Good to meet everybody. :beer:

I'll start a thread for recipes and another thread for consumption notes. Now to start on drinking them. :chug:

James and I were only able to bottle our entries last weekend so give "23" and "24" at least 4 weeks or longer before giving then a go.

I can't make it today but James & his other half will be there with his, mine & DK's entries.

Have fun!

Jez
So then

"give "23-24" and "28" at least 4 weeks or longer before giving then a go.

Dropped off 4 crates at Wollongong - two hours later at Callala Bay we discovered we had one too many of the "big" numbers and one too few of the "little" numbers. So much for careful planning ! (it was those "spare" bottles - one of the "big" crates had 1 2 & 3 as the spares so too quick a glance assumed that it was a "smalls" crate. I reckon next year we'll have this crate thing sorted out ! (blame it on the boys who pulled out for buggering up a foolproof system).

Got home about 8.00pm - so a 14 and a half hour road trip. Gees I hope you blokes have brewed some beauties !

Thanks Josh for the use of the house. Good to meet a few blokes and talk beer. Doesn't get better, does it ! Tony, its the cobwebs in my old wagon's wheel arches that holds the rust together !

Tony, its the cobwebs in my old wagon's wheel arches that holds the rust together !

Rust! I was more worried about the rattle and smell coming off the brakes as we came down Mt Ousley. I found religion and prayed to the beer god for a safe descent.

but seriously, thanks FG for the ride up and back. :party:

Biggup to Josh for hosting. Thanks for having us around.

Twas good to catchup with some of you guys and i'm looking forward to cracking open more than a few quality brews.

Latest posts

Back