No Frills low cost pressure fermenting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I checked with our team and instead of the 10% discount we are offering a free spunding valve together with a disconnect which is even better value. Hope that will meet with people's expectations and brings some Christmas cheer.

Turn your back for a few weeks and there is a whole bunch of new toys.
I've been away for a few months and wow, talk about exciting times! Keg King have done exactly what I hoped they would - stepped up to the plate and made a product that's innovative. Well done. Even better, it's stupid cheap. Hats off to you guys. I'll be grabbing a couple of these to give them a whirl - I just need to water the money tree a bit. Such a great time to be a home brewer!
Has anyone here been using them? Thoughts, both good and bad?
Also really keen to know more about the Thermenter. Sounds like a great solution to a problem I have - not enough space in my fermenting fridge to brew every week (and not enough space for another fridge).

OK I checked with our team and instead of the 10% discount we are offering a free spunding valve together with a disconnect which is even better value. Hope that will meet with people's expectations and brings some Christmas cheer.
So CEO has my keen-ness to get two of these scuppered my option to get the good deal? Order 10802 on the off chance to be cheeky!!

So CEO has my keen-ness to get two of these scuppered my option to get the good deal? Order 10802 on the off chance to be cheeky!!
Let me check with the sales team tomorrow and I will try to get you the free Spunding valve and disconnect. Hate to see early adopters missing out.

Let me check with the sales team tomorrow and I will try to get you the free Spunding valve and disconnect. Hate to see early adopters missing out.
So does that include me too? I picked up mine last Friday (when you kept one aside for me) and brought a Spunding valve and disconnect with it?

Will there be two tomorrow? Or do I have to order? being a hot grab thing.
These will be my Mead Machines. Melomels, Cysers etc.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for a free spunding valve.... Order 000010821

Fermenters already arrived though [emoji17]
Ordered 2 last week that are scheduled to arrive today, pity if I missed out too :(

being able to ferment from a chest freezer was also something that's not really been too easy, that was one of the reasons I ordered a couple! plus, xmas, spunding valve, whatever else I need to convince myself that I need this.

Mine were pretty significantly dented in the box, but "blew" out with some pressure applied. Should I be worried about their ability to hold beers under pressure?

Mine were pretty significantly dented in the box, but "blew" out with some pressure applied. Should I be worried about their ability to hold beers under pressure?
Should be ok but send me a pic and I will take a look at it.

A bit of "spunding valve" clarification guys, I've been a bit confused about the whole free valve with 2 pack thing so contacted KK directly and the result is this; a single FKJ is $60, if you buy 2 they're $50 each (so a 20%ish discount, pretty good imho) as a Christmas special a single FKJ can be had for $63 with spunding valve and disconnect (in effect $3 for a spunding valve/disconnect, also a pretty good deal) So if you got 2 FKJ's for $100 I wouldn't be holding my breath for a free spunding valve. Hope this helps anyone that like me was a bit confused about the whole thing.
Cheers G

n1OeDDZ.jpg

just a question on the dual Spunding valve set up
would this set up also need a non-return valve for each fermenter line to reduce the chances of cross contamination via gases if by chance one brew was to go off ?
and a pressure gauge would be a definate advantage to know what your brewing at, as some brews benifit from different pressures during the process

Back