Marks Home Brew confirmed to stay open then sold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its great news. Mark needed to get out , for various reasons that he may or may not share with everyone, and if a local guy has bought it and is all pumped about an new business it's a win win...win

If anyone has a phone number I can contact Mark on could you PM it to me? Best not to post phone numbers on here.

Batz

Hope the new owner will stock the softdrink syrups as well, kinda like having a decent cola on tap and keen to try the lemonade as well.

There has been a lot of negative comments here towards Mark, I think Mark has lost the plot a little but I know the reasons. Unfortunately when you run a business this can't happen, I'm sure Mark knows this and is moving on because of it.

I wish mark all the best in the future in both health and happiness, Mark has helped me out on many occasions and I feel privileged to all him a mate.

All the best cobber! I hope to catch up again sometime soon for a beer. :beer:

Batz

I certainly hope, no matter what, he can still manage to share his wealth of wisdom here, his posts often need to be read many times and I've personally much respect for the man and also wish him all the best in the future regardless.

Yob said:
I certainly hope, no matter what, he can still manage to share his wealth of wisdom here, his posts often need to be read many times and I've personally much respect for the man and also wish him all the best in the future regardless.
Agreed, I've not had anything to do with his business but as a knowledgeable forum member it would be a shame to see him go, I always make a point of at least researching any advice he offers and more often than not improve my beers as a result.

I started AG brewing a bit over a year ago and Mark has been a great resource for both knowledge and ingredients. While I was first setting up, even before I was purchasing anything he was en endless source of information right through to last week when he was winding down. I wish him all the best on his future endeavors and look forward to reading the book he his planning on writing.

Anyway, on a more selfish note my CO2 cylinder just ran out. Does anybody know another place in Newcastle that does refills?

Country brewer Maitland apparently now does co2 refills onsite aswell as the swap and go system. A plus for me too, wasn't sure where to go after mark shuts.

TheWiggman said:
Might be worth changing the thread title. Sad news.
Nnnoooo!!!! Not again.

That would make it the third time.

:)

I always looked forward to my trips to Newcastle to pick up supplies from the man in the black T shirt :)
He was the most knowledgeable brewer I've ever met and beneath a sometimes cranky exterior he's a thoughtful and passionate guy. Wishing Mark all the best for the future, and it would be great to see him back on the forum.

Lets change the name of the thread to 'Marks home-brew shutting down - confirmed to stay open - sold to mystery man - mill chat - gas supply tips'

:ph34r:

...or "MHB - sold up but not out"
or "MHB - new owner, new location, new name too?"
or "MHB - End of an era/ Big boots to fill?

So many options, I'll try to let it go now

I spent some time with Mark yesterday between truck loads and met the 'new guy'.
The arrangement looks to be a winner for all concerned, Mark included.
BrewBuilder front end, same killer crush from the same killer mill, locally based and Fastway freight (cheap).
The new guy is a good bloke, a home brewer and seems to have a long term plan.
I wish all concerned well.

Mark indicated to me yesterday that the brewers that plan to use MHB as their drop off point for their NSW Comp entries will need to make alternative arrangements.
I post this info with his consent.

Harry.

Any news if the new bloke is gonna offer gas refills at all? I guessing no with the new fella only doing mail order as reported. I bought my kegsonlegs gasbottle from Mark outright a couple of years back.Would speed gas in bennetts green refill or just swap? Cheers MHB all the best mate.

They refill but send the bottle to Sydney to have it done so it takes a couple of days but pretty good service.

Brew by U at Cardiff also refill the MKOL cylinders with a similar off-site set up.

If I get my bottle filled i don't want to swap it. Mine is in mint condition, I don't want some rusty dinged up bottle.

Latest posts

Back