Little Creatures Quiet American

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to be a FAN of this single batch ... hits the "Like" button in my books and even SWMBO has given it the big thumbs up ...

However everything is relative ... I am not a fan of weak arse mid strength beers which are bodiless and devoid of character and kick ...

I picked up 5 bottle from the RE store in Leederville ... and the boss and I knocked off 4 last night ... heaven !!! esp after drinking a few of Sierra Nevadas latest releases ... It was a GREAT day ...

will be looking for a case of this to hide for a day or so :icon_drool2: :icon_chickcheers:

Yeah screw you too ! you still owe me a urn or a 3v setup take your pick :D

I think that the urn shall be sold on Flebay and attitude adjustment made when next I drop in .... Damn you and your double IPA too ... I shall not mention the SN beers I had either ... but the heartless wench (RYE) is like drinking heaven .....

Matt

its okay mate but i will take you up on your offer last night. but make it a carton. Half each. ahhhh i couldn't find any drinkable beers in bunno today either mate but the SN beers are making my mouth water

I'll save you a bottle of the IIPA before it goes too.

I'm doing one at the moment that might be a ripper

POR
target
fuggles
thames valley II.

back on topic now

soudns like new belgium brewery's Fat Tyre
Bit like saying that VB is an English Bitter.
New Belgium does have the word Belgium in its name and yes it does produce some fantastic Belgium style Beers, but Fat Tyre (its biggest selller by a long way) is about as Belgium as JS Amber (or whatever its called now), both fine beers and both, whilst not being hop rocket exploding head bangers are a world away from under hopped pseudo lagers served by the mainsttreams in bothe US and here.

K

mate .. I will see what I can find ... the RE store did not have any left (bastardos) ... will check out some of the other venues I have ... will try for a case .. but I do know that the RE store has some incredible beers !!! a excellent selection of SN beers .. but so far the Quiet American is totally the bosses fav single batch ...

cheers matt. if i get one down here i will get 2. and the 2nd one is yours

Anyone looking for this in the Southern Suburbs of Melbourne, it can be found at Mordialloc Cellar Door (Main St, Mordialloc).

They had quite a few, but they said they have been flowing out the door (figuratively not literally).

Personally, not overwhelmed on first tasting. However, I have 3 to try so another day may bring the taste buds to another conclusion.

On tap at the Royston in Richmond.Not a beer I would drink a lot of...but worth a try.

I got some from the bottle shop in Seddon that's on the map. Not bad but it doesn't taste real hoppy to me

Went to me local distributor listed on the LC website to get a few bottles.

I was told by the guy behind the counter that on the day they received their allocation of 12 cases, someone came in and purchased all 12 cases in one go.

Not very happy!!

Ridiculous! We had a four bottle per customer limit so more people could enjoy it.

Can a belgian beer aficionado tell me what yeast strain they think is in the Quiet American? Its one I have tasted elsewhere and really am not a fan. I think that was turns me off this beer, although the hops are very grassy which does not help.

Had one tonight after mashing in and was thirsty to say the least. Its definetly an interesting beer and lends to every sip trying to work it out. Is it a beer id drink alot of? No, not really. The Big Dippa still ranks the best for me (Even better Oak aged as was put on at the beer fesitval in perth last year) but one of the top Single Batches so far. I have another bottle to try so might change my mind.

Can a belgian beer aficionado tell me what yeast strain they think is in the Quiet American? Its one I have tasted elsewhere and really am not a fan. I think that was turns me off this beer, although the hops are very grassy which does not help.
I use Wyeast 3522 when I make this type of beer as I think it's a more subdued strain in terms of flavour. But I've no idea what they may be using. Where's that LC guy when you need him?

Where in Sydney (CBD / Inner West) are people getting a hold of these?

Cheers

Ridiculous! We had a four bottle per customer limit so more people could enjoy it.
When I suggested that they have the same kind of rules, the comment I got was "Our business is to sell it, not keep a hold of it".

My guess would be Wyeast 3711

I could have sworn that I read somewhere (I think on the first email that came from LC) that it was T-58 - a dried yeast.

Reason I think I remember it, is that I was quite gobsmacked that they were using dried yeast.

Goomba

Where in Sydney (CBD / Inner West) are people getting a hold of these?

Cheers

Stanmore Cellars near Stanmore train station normally gets the single batches as well as Vintage Cellars on King St Newtown. Haven't actually checked there for Quiet American, just thought I'd give you some hints from my past experience.

Good luck!

Jez

Back