Little Creatures "single Batch Ipa"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

The final gravity of the beer ended up far higher than we intended - one interesting bit about doing one-off batches as no doubt everyone on this boards knows about! So basically the high FG dulled the IBU's quite a bit. Stock is around 3months old now; if any are left then the oxidation is beginning to creep in and will also kill the hops and increase the perceived sweetness..... BUT I also think that - yes! - we could use some more hops next time!

And hey - our Single Batch Brown Ale - the all Aussie hop beer (Tassie Cascade, Tassie Hallertau, Galaxy and Topaz) has been fermented, chilled, filtered and is getting kegged tomorrow and bottled on Friday. Keep a look out. I've been away, but tasted the beer at the filter - pretty happy with it..... We are gonna have something black coming up after that in August.....

Cheers,

Alex

Pleased there is gonna be a next time for the IPA.
I'll assume that the American Brown is gonna be brewed with the same yeast as the LCPA but what would they use for something black I wonder?
I'm wondering, if the Brown is bottled on Friday how long before it's at it's best?

Latest posts

Back