Little Creatures "single Batch Ipa"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to get a couple of bottles at the International Brew Shop, all gone in pre orders :(

Tried to get a couple of bottles at the International Brew Shop, all gone in pre orders :(

Dude I just picked some up from the bottlo on the corner of caimbridge - the big one next to the video shop - just around the corner from the IBS!

I picked up a case @ Jim Cellars in Waitara (Northern Sydney) this morning for $60... They have 2 more I think..

What can I say..... :chug:

Its very tasty... I gave one to a mate.. he's not getting any more.. mine all mine!

I have 4 bottles left from the carton i got on friday :(

I went to one of the stockists that were displayed on the LC website on Friday the 26th and they said they have it but couldn't release it because they hadn't got any pricing information. They said that the "official" release date was today (29th). What a pain in the rear, they only had five cases so I hope they weren't talking crap. I didn't get a chance to get to the bottle-o today so I hope there is some left tomorrow.

I went to one of the stockists that were displayed on the LC website on Friday the 26th and they said they have it but couldn't release it because they hadn't got any pricing information. They said that the "official" release date was today (29th). What a pain in the rear, they only had five cases so I hope they weren't talking crap. I didn't get a chance to get to the bottle-o today so I hope there is some left tomorrow.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. I'd say they're holding out and seeing what others are charging then adding some $$$ to the price tag because they'll have what they think is the last of the batch.

LC were selling it for $49.

Perth boys: Carlisle Liqour store still has 90 bottles left. Just don't buy the 2 that I just preordered.
Phone number-9361 1335
Archer street, Carlisle
Cheers, John

$70 a carton or $7 a bottle in yarraville vic

Wen't back to the "not my favourate bottle-o" shop tonight and got me three bottles. $7 each.
Excellent aroma, good taste but not a big fan of the strong bitter after taste. I guess that's what you get with such a high IBU IPA. I think if it was available full time it would be a "in the mood" type beer not my every day beer.

Hey it was free, even pour it yourself, at the brewery last night, course when you don't pay for it it tastes even better.

So, i popped my bottle of the single batch IPA tonight that i picked up last week and unfortunatly im disappointed.

Well balanced, sweet toffee and strong hop aroma. Good smooth sweet crystal caramel character, moderate palate, lingering bitterness, well balanced and deep hoppy cascade aromas.

So, whay am i disappointed? Well there are some light spicy phenolics, overtly spritzy carbonation, loose moussy head and kinda becoming dimensional.

Looks like i might have myself a bad bottle/bottle infection. Would be the 1st ive ever had from Little Creatures. :(

still tastes good but it looks like its beginning to head south. highest carbonation ive seen in a commercial beer to date.

Bummer. <_<

Hi Fourstar,

I sent you a message. I am distressed to see your post, though.... I am chasing some more details from the bottle (if you still have it).

Cheers,

Alex

I had 3 pint bottles of this on the weekend at a pub/restaurant in byron bay.

The first one was extremely underwhelming. I was explaining to my parents what IBU's were and estimated that the IPA was only about 35 IBU which is pretty damn low for the style / what I was expecting, and there wasn't much in the way of hop aroma either (though a nice flavour all the same).

The second two bottles were much better, in fact the third one was great. Still the late hops were a bit muted. I guess I'd had a few schooners of Stone & Wood that was incredibly fresh, it tasted like it'd been dry hopped only days before and smelling the beer was like smelling a freshly opened packet of American C hops.

The measured IBU of this beer (55) is on the side of the bottle. It is quite sweet, which knocks the bitterness down a bit.

How about the customer service though. A hour after Fourstar finds a bad bottle the chief brewer is trying to find out why.

Thats a great way to build customers.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='643495' date='Jun 15 2010, 10:55 PM']The measured IBU of this beer (55) is on the side of the bottle. It is quite sweet, which knocks the bitterness down a bit.[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that just after estimating it was 35.

The second and third bottles tasted more bitter, but definitely not 55 compared to for example Punk IPA which I believe is about 60 and tasted twice as bitter.

Hi Guys,

The final gravity of the beer ended up far higher than we intended - one interesting bit about doing one-off batches as no doubt everyone on this boards knows about! So basically the high FG dulled the IBU's quite a bit. Stock is around 3months old now; if any are left then the oxidation is beginning to creep in and will also kill the hops and increase the perceived sweetness..... BUT I also think that - yes! - we could use some more hops next time!

And hey - our Single Batch Brown Ale - the all Aussie hop beer (Tassie Cascade, Tassie Hallertau, Galaxy and Topaz) has been fermented, chilled, filtered and is getting kegged tomorrow and bottled on Friday. Keep a look out. I've been away, but tasted the beer at the filter - pretty happy with it..... We are gonna have something black coming up after that in August.....

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Guys,

The final gravity of the beer ended up far higher than we intended - one interesting bit about doing one-off batches as no doubt everyone on this boards knows about! So basically the high FG dulled the IBU's quite a bit. Stock is around 3months old now; if any are left then the oxidation is beginning to creep in and will also kill the hops and increase the perceived sweetness..... BUT I also think that - yes! - we could use some more hops next time!

And hey - our Single Batch Brown Ale - the all Aussie hop beer (Tassie Cascade, Tassie Hallertau, Galaxy and Topaz) has been fermented, chilled, filtered and is getting kegged tomorrow and bottled on Friday. Keep a look out. I've been away, but tasted the beer at the filter - pretty happy with it..... We are gonna have something black coming up after that in August.....

Cheers,

Alex

Alex, I must say I've really enjoyed the bottles that I've got a hold of. Sounds like I'll have to crack the last one soon.
Really looking forward to the next single batch. Sounds great. Also looking forward to something "black" from you guys.

Latest posts

Back