Little Creatures "single Batch Ipa"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_sa

Now in 3V
Reaction score
Just thought id share an email i just received from the Wheatey (thats the wheatsheaf for you no adelaideans ;)

Little Creatures Single Batch IPA on tap at The Wheaty
4pm Thursday 1st April

The first in what Creatures are planning to be a series of limited release, single batch beers which they will bottle and keg, their India Pale Ale (5.4% ABV) is a celebration of a hop that theyve been in love with for a while now...Cascade!

In the words of Creatures Brewer Alex Troncoso:

This beer is about hops - we recently got our fresh shipment of 09 Cascade hops and decided it was time to give them a proper test. At the brewery we used hops just about everywhere - kettle, whirlpool, hopback and even dry-hopped in the fermenter. The result is a "hop-sack" nose as we call it - there is so much Cascade it almost doesn't smell like Cascade... is that possible? One person has commented "orange marmalade" - hops are a wonderful thing! There is a nice malt backbone helped out with use of pale, Munich, light and dark crystal malt. The result - a beer with a very full, almost silky mouthfeel and a smooth big bitterness that grows and grows (55 IBUs). .. Due to popular demand, this ones stronger, hoppier and more bitter than Stimulus.

Little Creatures single hop, Single Batch IPA on tap and in Pint Bottle from 4pm Thursday 1st April

Only a handful of kegs and cartons on for as long as they last!

/quote

Im quite excited about the prospect of this being a continuing thing, A small release of one off's..... hmmmmm

This is the second beer so far, following the special bitter late 2009..... Shame i missed out on that, although i am pretty sure it was only in the keg....

Cheers
Ben

Just thought id share an email i just received from the Wheatey (thats the wheatsheaf for you no adelaideans ;)

Little Creatures “Single Batch IPA” on tap at The Wheaty
4pm Thursday 1st April

The first in what Creatures’ are planning to be a series of limited release, single batch beers which they will bottle and keg, their India Pale Ale (5.4% ABV) is a celebration of a hop that they’ve been in love with for a while now...Cascade!

In the words of Creature’s Brewer Alex Troncoso:

“This beer is about hops - we recently got our fresh shipment of ’09 Cascade hops and decided it was time to give them a proper test. At the brewery we used hops just about everywhere - kettle, whirlpool, hopback and even dry-hopped in the fermenter. The result is a "hop-sack" nose as we call it - there is so much Cascade it almost doesn't smell like Cascade... is that possible? One person has commented "orange marmalade" - hops are a wonderful thing! There is a nice malt backbone helped out with use of pale, Munich, light and dark crystal malt. The result - a beer with a very full, almost silky mouthfeel and a smooth big bitterness that grows and grows (55 IBUs). .. Due to popular demand, this one’s stronger, hoppier and more bitter than Stimulus.”

Little Creatures’ single hop, “Single Batch IPA” on tap and in Pint Bottle from 4pm Thursday 1st April

Only a handful of kegs and cartons – on for as long as they last!

/quote

Im quite excited about the prospect of this being a continuing thing, A small release of one off's..... hmmmmm

This is the second beer so far, following the special bitter late 2009..... Shame i missed out on that, although i am pretty sure it was only in the keg....

Cheers
Ben

Lucky you! What I don't understand is why over here in Perth we don't have similar promotions and activities from LC happening in the city, I mean it is made here. I don't even know if this beer will be available at the Fremantle outlet. Does anyone from Perth have any info about the local availability of this beer?

bought a pint bottle today thay only have a few case left down there so be quick it was lovely the cascade was there al the way

Spose I've got Buckleys of gettin my hands on a sample of this in Tassie. I do have contacts in the industry in Hobart but I dont like my chances with this one.

Lucky you! What I don't understand is why over here in Perth we don't have similar promotions and activities from LC happening in the city, I mean it is made here. I don't even know if this beer will be available at the Fremantle outlet. Does anyone from Perth have any info about the local availability of this beer?

It' been available for some time now. You could have tried it while they were testing it. Alex (brewer guy) had them serving it on the hand pump on fridays after 4pm. There have been a couple of posts about various beers but hardly anyone shows up so. :rolleyes:

In fact the finished product was on beer pump last Friday. I'll send you a PM next time I hear something. I get all my info from O'Henry who works there.

anyone know if this has hit Sydney in bottles yet? and where?

and anyone who went to the launch at the Taphouse last night able to give a review? Any good?

jez

The beer was on tap at Freo for 6 days in the main bar and a little longer in the loft. They have cases for sale at Freo too, same price as the other pints, but they are going like hotcakes. I knocked a couple back last night. Similar to on tap, but a little sweeter. I think it was the temp I was drinking it at though.

It def sold a bit faster than they expected...

anyone know if this has hit Sydney in bottles yet? and where?

and anyone who went to the launch at the Taphouse last night able to give a review? Any good?

jez

There was an event at the Local Taphouse Darlinghurst last night.
I was there with a few other AHB'ers.
It was on the LTH Blog and in the Little Creatures newsletter.

Pretty tasty for a beer that they made 20,000 litres of.
Should be still on at the LTH for a few days (no idea how many kegs of it they have).

Doc

Hey,

We are trying to get better at having some local events in Perth. I said in another post we are working on getting our communication a bit better. I know the guys running the cellar door wanna do something at least once a month. Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

alex

Very, very few select bottle shops received some stock this week. Ours arrived Wednesday, and I think it will probably all be gone by tomorrow night.

Does any one know which bottle shops in perth have any of this?

International just got there order and are working through pricing and the bullshit amount of pre orders that probably out weigh the stock received.

It's a bit of a drive but go to freo this arvo to get a carton/sample. Maybe I'll see you there?

It' been available for some time now. You could have tried it while they were testing it. Alex (brewer guy) had them serving it on the hand pump on fridays after 4pm. There have been a couple of posts about various beers but hardly anyone shows up so. :rolleyes:

In fact the finished product was on beer pump last Friday. I'll send you a PM next time I hear something. I get all my info from O'Henry who works there.

Thanks for the PM alert. I'm in Dianella though, which makes the run to Freo a bit of a long stretch especially when there's drinking involved. But if I know it's there I'll try ...

Thanks for the PM alert. I'm in Dianella though, which makes the run to Freo a bit of a long stretch especially when there's drinking involved. But if I know it's there I'll try ...

I didn't hear anything I read it on the forums. :p

I'm in heaven :)

26032010186.jpg

26032010185.jpg

If anyone's still chasing it, perhaps one of the stockists listed on the Creatures website may still have some!

https://www.littlecreatures.com.au/Happenin...menu-id-76.html
:icon_offtopic:

If you have two other people with names beginning with I and S you'll fill the person void making up the acronym for the shop TIBS. You could have a photo taken of you guys wearing shirts or the person with S could be a chick that's good looking. So it'd be like "The International Beer Sexy".

Tim said said there was a big list of people waiting for the new IPA so because I'm such a nice guy and modest I decided to quickly get some to drink tonight. Pint bottles are friggin awesome by the way. I got some other beer instead though cos Tim is such a nice guy. He's inspired me to get some $30 bottle of rogue IPA. Good ol' Tim.

PS. What a game tonight!!! It was all over though when Jay Neagle marked and played on, only to be tackled and helped from the ground with a knee injury. :eek:

Corkers have... a tiny bit left. We are in East Vic Park. I can't guarantee there is any. Maybe less then a case?

Rang Nectar a while ago to enquire if they had any in stock yet. she said yes but they're going out the door fast. When I got there they had three cartons left. Missed the tasting 1-4 p.m. this afvo. Got a feww plus someother bottles that caught my eye.
Used my Caffreys' glass - Yes LC's are a full pint.

LCIPA.jpg

LCIPA2.jpg

Latest posts

Back