New Little Creatures Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up from Ferry Rd this morning and a Schlenkerla Doppelbock! Oak smoked. (Smoaked?)

Those who've tasted - would it be worth giving LC a bit of time to mellow - reading that many think the spices to be a little intense - some age to help or just drink it???

Cheers

Kev

How much for the Single Batch?

Just found some as well, $7.50...
Splashed out and got 4, might hide 2 away somewhere.
Have to wait a while for the first sample they were in a very very cold fridge.

Just opened one, tastes to me like a 4 year old homebrew I opened recently containing Orval dregs.

Don't mind it. A sipper.

Kev

Im just getting into one now....

Lovely aroma, dark fruits and spice with hints of alcohol.

Taste is very assertive at first, plenty of spice in there, sweetness hints of booze, pretty well hidden though, probably exacerbated by some yeast phenols and/or esters?
More i sip the better it gets.

For a beer of this size i reckon it finishes quite well, not overly cloying to my palate.

I am finding that the after-taste reveals more of the subtle flavours that are not apparent at first.

This is a great winter warmer/sipper, i am starting to glow already, definitely one to share if you are alcohol intolerant.

Kudos to LC for pushing the envelope and putting something quite different into the (sort of) mainstream bottle market.

I am not a fan of the take over by LN, but if LC are left to keep doing what they do but with better backing hopefully these things can continue into the future.

Well that my 0.02c

Im just getting into one now....

Taste is very assertive at first, plenty of spice in there, sweetness hints of booze, pretty well hidden though, probably exacerbated by some yeast phenols and/or esters?
More i sip the better it gets.

For a beer of this size i reckon it finishes quite well, not overly cloying to my palate.

I am finding that the after-taste reveals more of the subtle flavours that are not apparent at first.

This is a great winter warmer/sipper, i am starting to glow already, definitely one to share if you are alcohol intolerant.

Kudos to LC for pushing the envelope and putting something quite different into the (sort of) mainstream bottle market.

I am not a fan of the take over by LN, but if LC are left to keep doing what they do but with better backing hopefully these things can continue into the future.

Well that my 0.02c

Good summation - my 2c as well. Glad I've had it, will seek out some more.

Note to self, however, start consuming after the kids go to bed....

yes i would have to concur the spices are a good addition but the phenols/esters are not my cup of tea.

maybe be good with a xmas pudding?

There's a few bottles left at DM Smithfield, if anyone wants to give it a try. $8 each, though. :/

Picked five bottles up today. have put one in the fridge, the rest in the cellar.

Might crack one open tomorrow night, after I let it sit and breathe at room temp for a while.

I really enjoyed this one! Can anyone tell me who did the art work for the label? Upon closer inspection of the shed there appears to be a hydroponics setup inside!

Earlier this week I visited the Little Creatures Dining Hall in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, were my GF and I sampled a few beers including TDOTLS.

Wow!! What an awesome place to drink beer and the staff were really helpful in explaining details about the beers. They even chased up some of those tasting notes that have the grain and hop bill.

That visit to the LC Dining Hall really sparked my interest in small batch beers. I was lucky enough to track down a couple of bottles of this stuff the other day.
I'm enjoying one right now :icon_cheers:

20120715_183250.jpg

Been waiting quite a while to try this single batch from LC (LWB). Meeeeehhh! Found it a little one dimentional, big sweet spicy and there ends the description, underwhelmed!

Also tasted Trumans Raison D'Etre Clone tonight, Wow! would much rather I had two pint bottles of his beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screwy

Hey Truman send me a couple of bottles.

Still not seen the latest batch from LC in our local Dans.

Hey Truman send me a couple of bottles.

Still not seen the latest batch from LC in our local Dans.

Im sending some to my dad who lives in Cairns. If I can fit some extras in I will and you can collect them from him.

@Mike...Thanks glad you liked it. I thought it needed another month or so.

Im sending some to my dad who lives in Cairns. If I can fit some extras in I will and you can collect them from him.

It would benefit from some time.................but Bloody Hell how could you leave it alone!

Screwy

I might have to give this another try after drinking a bit of my own stout and getting a taste for a darker beer...I still have a bottle which I have been keeping aside.

Ha Ha I was only joking Truman just going on the comments from Screwtop.

The LC single brews seem to take an age to get this far North. Coopers Vintage is vintage by the time we get it.

I only do kits and bits and the majority are not fit for human consumption but I made them so have to drink them :icon_drunk:

Latest posts

Back