Little Creatures Quiet American

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I agree with that. The Belgico-Americans I've had line up pretty much with this one. And I'd say that any IPA must be "aggressive" to qualify for that style, particularly the US varieties.

Just my opinion. It seems to be to some people's tastes and is getting some good reviews, some not so good on ratebeer and beeradvocate. Must be a love it or hate it beer!

Dont disagree with the aggressive bit. But I havent seen little creatures do aggressive hops well yet. It comes off grassy/harsh/bitter with little hop flavour. Bit like the dippa did. There is more hoppiness (flavour) in their pale ale.

screw you

you too

never met you but yeah same to you

and screw you! you can have jyo now all to yourself.

I just spent the last hour in bunbury scouring all the bottle shops. NOTHING! NOT A THING.

I was really looking forward to it and if i get a carton i will be happy but till then you can all go screw yourselves and LC too!

HEY FISH13,

Because of your shit attitude about not beinig able to find the LC single batch I have loaded a couple of nice pictures for you..... :D

Have a nice day. B)

My Carton

27042012_003_.jpg

all 12, nice and cold in the fridge

27042012_004_.jpg

P.s They are so good.

Tried one of these last night, didn't do it for me sorry. :(

Something about the banana esters and citrusy hops doesn't quite sit right on my palate. I like APA's and Belgian Ales - but not both in the same beer I now realise.

Tried one of these last night, didn't do it for me sorry. :(

Something about the banana esters and citrusy hops doesn't quite sit right on my palate. I like APA's and Belgian Ales - but not both in the same beer I now realise.

Cool, thats what I wanted to hear :)

I've been trying to convince myself not to buy a carton this time, and save my money. I'll wait for another batch.

QldKev

I've brewed a couple close to this style and found the quiet american underwhelming. It wasn't bad for any particular reason, just seemed a bit off the mark in most ways.

Where in Sydney (CBD / Inner West) are people getting a hold of these?

Cheers

Just got some from the Sackville at Rozelle.
Had none on display but they had a dozen out the back.
I left 6.

Has anyone seen it in SA yet? Called a few of the bottleos on the map, and they haven't been able to even get it...

Has anyone seen it in SA yet? Called a few of the bottleos on the map, and they haven't been able to even get it...

And a call to the Wheaty, reveals they have it on tap and in bottle! :) I know where I'm going on the way home from work tonight :)

belair fine wines mate got 6 from there yesterday or if you are west im pretty sure semaphore cellers on semaphore road are gettin them in (not sure when tho)

Cheers

It's growing on me. I'm getting a honey aroma works with hops. IMO!
IMAG0168.jpg

Had the first of two I bought tonight, bought both for tonight - but after the first I was back on the homebrew. Was getting better as the pint went on, but just not my thing.

Ain't no Big Dipper, that's for sure.

Despite not liking fizzy cough syrup that much, I've only got 5 left of the carton I bought a week ago. Hmmm

HEY FISH13,

Because of your shit attitude about not beinig able to find the LC single batch I have loaded a couple of nice pictures for you..... :D

Have a nice day. B)

My Carton

View attachment 54255

all 12, nice and cold in the fridge

View attachment 54254

P.s They are so good.

just to make it worst i went to the lil creatures brewshop and they have sold out too! MAtt, next time lunch and beer is on me mate. thanks alot

Where in Sydney (CBD / Inner West) are people getting a hold of these?

Cheers

I left about 8 bottles in the fridge at Stanmore Cellars when I was there about 6pm tonight.

Jez

why the hell buy em to start with sorry ive had some lttle creatures and found they get sickley after awhile i like a much softer but flavoursome hop i think i see butterflies

went to a mates new years one day he paid for everyones drinks that night everyone arrived with a 6 - 12 pk next day they were all still in the bottom of the bath esky the ppl drank all his homebrew

dont know why everyone dont run MIRC or something so we can all chat in a reall time just a thought

Some friends and I had pint of these last night. Very interesting, I liked it.
I found it had good qualities of both styles, with the malt body of a Belgian without being too sweet (which I don't mind when it is) and a tasty hop bitterness from the US hops. I'd have another.

Need more of that Brown Ale...

went to a mates new years one day he paid for everyones drinks that night everyone arrived with a 6 - 12 pk next day they were all still in the bottom of the bath esky the ppl drank all his homebrew

dont know why everyone dont run MIRC or something so we can all chat in a reall time just a thought

Wha???

Just my opinion. It seems to be to some people's tastes and is getting some good reviews, some not so good on ratebeer and beeradvocate. Must be a love it or hate it beer!

Dont disagree with the aggressive bit. But I havent seen little creatures do aggressive hops well yet. It comes off grassy/harsh/bitter with little hop flavour. Bit like the dippa did. There is more hoppiness (flavour) in their pale ale.
Yes, compared to their US counterparts, on whom they apparently modeled themselves, they do seem a little timid. IIRC the very first single batch was as close as they've some to some classic "aggressive" US brews (Stone, Green Flash, Sierra Nevada). Still I have to give them a lot of credit with this latest one, at least they're trying something different. I suspect that a lot of the negative comments are due to some "virgin" palates.

Latest posts

Back