Little Creatures Quiet American

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found it to be a touch cloying, yet apparently (can't remember where I read however) the brewers were hoping for a bit more attenuation. Muddled aroma (which is to be expected I suppose with the hybrid style) yet nice, fresh hoppiness comes through.

At 5 bucks a pint, I'm not going to complain too much.

I'm glad I tried it, yet also glad I only picked up 2 bottles.

Got my hands on a bottle (finally).

$8/bottle (ouch!).

Glad I tried it.

Picked the C hops as soon as I poured it (forgot to read the blurb first).

I can taste the belgian-ness, and the C hops.

But...

It's just too sweet. It needs either some extra bitterness, or to be a touch drier.

I like it, but couldn't drink more than a bottle.

I respect what they were trying and that it must have cost a packet (that high % alcohol = excise; that high a FG combined with abv% means a high OG and a larger volume of grain per Litre); and I'm glad I tried it.

But it's not inspired me to brew anything, except an AIPA - just like the last one I brewed - because it is balanced.

I think one should approach this without a beer-nerdiness point of view. Enjoy it for what it is, don't pre-judge, don't read the blurb. It's tasty and worth the purchase, so long as it wasn't a repeat.

Goomba

I'm not a fan of this one at all. Far too sweet, with confused and conflicting flavours/aromas. Had i made it myself, i wouldn't be proud of it, & i'd be reluctant to offer it to my friends. There's no 'off' or 'wrong' flavours or brewing defects at all that i could pick, i just don't think it was a well designed or thought-out beer.

Called in to pick up my order from XO bottle shop at Sunshine Beach, thats it no more left!

XO stores at Sunshine Beach and Noosa Junction have a pretty good range of craft beers, also picked up a couple of Green Flash Hop Head Red IPA's

Looking forward to trying them Friday.

Screwy

tried this on tap at 'Archive Beer Boutique' in Brisbane's West End last week... don't like... I'm not a fan of Belgian Ale's to begin with, namely due to the yeast - which explains why I wasn't over this tart drop.

Just had one from my chilled case after a weekend away trying several craft beers. (wicked elf pale ale and witbier, mountain goat steam ale and duvell belgian golden ale) Again at first a little sweet, however I had it over a 25 min period just enjoying the beer and overall, it's quality brewed beer.

tried this on tap at 'Archive Beer Boutique' in Brisbane's West End last week... don't like... I'm not a fan of Belgian Ale's to begin with, namely due to the yeast - which explains why I wasn't over this tart drop.

I had one at Archive too, quite liked it but it could have been a touch drier ( ie: a bit more attenuation ) but good on them for having a crack at something different.

Its not "tart" at all

tasted like sweet boiled lollies and a light touch of hops to me, not impressed at all. had the mountain goat pepperberry ipa straight after it and was very very impressed, im almost always amazed at theyre single batch beers and dissapointed with lc's ones.

Anyone seen The Quiet American in any of the chains/mass merchants? Looks like this is going to be the only chance I have of finding a bottle to try.

I got my carton on thrusday from a store that is not on the list in bunbury.

HOw much are you guys paying for a carton? $58 for me

Just tried it (bit of an issue finding any in my part of brisbane), and while i think its a quality brewed beer its not really a successful fusion of styles IMO. The C hops are quite prominent (which i love as always) but i'm not sure the belgian style works all that well with it. Its an enjoyable beer but i only have one more pint left and although the store said they have a case left i'm not really likely to go and get any more.

Like others have said i also found it a tad cloying and the sweetness in the finish is a bit clashing with the c-hop flavours. Alcohol content is pretty well hidden but one again as much as i appreciate what LC have done with the concept the belgian yeast doesn't fit with my inbuilt expectations...as much as i try to convince myself otherwise.

Cool for a bit of fun and nice to sip away on the colder nights but not really a huge fan. Keeps the tastebuds awake though....

I am the manager at the Imperial Hotel in Paddington, I just managed to secure the last keg in Sydney off my Little Creatures rep.
If anyone is in the East on Thursday the 31st between 6pm and 8pm Little Creatures will be shouting the bar Schooners of Quiet American.

As far as packaged beer goes, unless it is in the bottle shops the brewery has run out and wont be doing anymore.

Anyone seen The Quiet American in any of the chains/mass merchants? Looks like this is going to be the only chance I have of finding a bottle to try.

No.

There is no more general stock around [for sale] (single/case/keg). Though there are a few kegs kicking around not yet on tap, some might even come on after a delay. Who knows.

There will be a bit more around, in some form or another. In a week.

So i've heard.

As I said, I have a keg that I wont be tapping untill the 31st.

The Porters Liquor in Lane Cove still has plenty of stock.

Great beer and exactly to style as described.

The Quiet American. With all respect to our American friends, that's a mistake right? Surely, a contradiction in terms... but somehow, the perfect way to describe our latest Single Batch, a highly hopped Belgian / US Hybrid Ale, as contradictive in style as it is in name.

Really enjoyed this beer, pity it was in such limited supply.

Screwy

I was in DM's today, and found a shelf labelled Quiet American, and it was empty. Thinking I had missed out, I spoke to the ordering guy who advised this hasn't arrived yet, and will be in shortly. They are selling these for $62 a carton.

Latest posts

Back