Kevin Rudds Home Brewing Bonus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an oldie and I wouldn't mind upgrading my 42 inch LCD to a 50 inch full HD. A couple of grand would do it nicely at todays prices. Then the LCD would go to the daughter and her still fairly new widescreen CRT could go to her daughter..... this is known as the trickle down effect :D

Not only that but the Chinese company that makes Panasonics or Samsungs (I don't think they are Jap built any more) will need to import some copper and stuff from Western Australia and I would keep a monster truck driver in business for at least twenty seconds extra.

If I blow it on the pokies the RSL can afford to put up a percentage of a house in the new RSL retirement village or buy a set of tyres for the courtesy bus so I can get a free lift down to the club and blow some more.

Isn't economics a wonderful subject :)

We have already done our bit to boost the economy in the last 12 months with new washing mashine, chest freezer, big LCD (got a $4000 tv for $1600, no shit!) THey are giving appliances away at the moment and i got in before the prices go back up with the dollars crach.

As for the money.... $4000 is a nice wad of cash and after talking about it we have decided to fix some things up that always take a back seat to feed and bills like my cars broken electric window that hasnt would down for 3 years and the busted electric garage roller door.

Will also put a fair chunk into the kids savings accounts for their furures and save some incase times get tougher.

I have always been one to go without if i cant pay cash and never use my credit card. I save cash and own it outright. no nasty supprises or wasting money on credit card interest.

And if you shop smart and push salesmen you can get great deals these days. got a $1350 washing machine for $850 cash. Thast a lot of money in my pocket!

Cheers

If I blow it on the pokies the RSL can afford to put up a percentage of a house in the new RSL retirement village or buy a set of tyres for the courtesy bus so I can get a free lift down to the club and blow some more.

You know what pisses me off with the Bribie RSL? We`re full members of another RSL, with card and membership no.`s, yet to use the courtesy bus at Bribie you have to be a member of THEIR club!!
Some f####n` courtesy :rolleyes:

staggalee.

You know what pisses me off with the Bribie RSL? We`re full members of another RSL, with card and membership no.`s, yet to use the courtesy bus at Bribie you have to be a member of THEIR club!!

staggalee.

I don't know how much it is to join Bribie, but I joined Maryborough about 6 months back as a LIFE MEMBER, it cost me one dollar.

then I got a voucher for 5 bucks at the bar. If it weren't just a crappy tin shed pretending to be a real club I'd be happier though ;)

staggalee.

No way !
I work away a lot and like RSL's,most places pick up us for nix,after all we are spending money there.

Blatz

No way !
I work away a lot and like RSL's,most places pick up us for nix,after all we are spending money there.

Blatz

Amen to that.
I had a standup blue at the reception counter with them after having to get a cab there, we never went there again.

staggalee.

Ive got two kids so I will get $2000.

As the first homebuyers grant went up so will my property value which will increase my water and council rates.

The $2000 will be paid off my morgage. Theres no way the cook will let me spend it on my hobbies.

don't fit neatly into the little pigeonhole for residency or citizenship because I don;t feel like working as a chef anymore (and couldn't afford to apply for citizenship anyway @ nearly $2K per family member - including the young fella who was BORN here but is not entitled to citizenship because WE weren't ....ffs <_< )

I think you need to check your facts, it's $250 per adult, $120 per child over 16 not born here and if your child was born here before you became an Australian Citizen then you only need to apply for a "proof of citizenship" certificate for them at a cost of $50.00.
So it might be more of a worthwhile investment than you thought.

Andrew

No joy in the schooey household. Ahh well, hope those that get it use it for what they need. It'll make a few kids smile at christmas that probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Well just to throw more poo in to the pot...
I have 3 kids and i qualify...but i will be using it to get a water tank.. :)
Unfortunatly, because i live in a rural area and rely solely on tank water i was never been eligible for the water tank rebate.
( well i was for about 2 weeks then the council ran out of cash.. :angry: )

Anyhoo, i think that makes me and Rudd even..
and i am investing in my kiddies future by making sure they arn't all Stinky by giving them water to shower.

Sqyre...

EDIT: Apparently that water stuff is good for brewing with too... ;)

We'll get bugger all in our household. Never have got anything. Yeah we earn over the threshold but the missus has MS and I have had prostate surgery and radiation treatment this year. Still nothing , so forgive me for being a nasty cynic, but apart from age pensioners and carers and some of you folk who will spend it on brewing stuff, I am guessing the poker machine joints and bottle shops are rubbing their hands together in anticipation. :angry:

And you dont need to use yeast if you use if after you wash the kiddies :)

Oowwwwwwww thats my problem :eek:

Well just to throw more poo in to the pot...
I have 3 kids and i qualify...but i will be using it to get a water tank.. :)
Unfortunatly, because i live in a rural area and rely solely on tank water i was never been eligible for the water tank rebate.
( well i was for about 2 weeks then the council ran out of cash.. :angry: )

Anyhoo, i think that makes me and Rudd even..
and i am investing in my kiddies future by making sure they arn't all Stinky by giving them water to shower.

Sqyre...

Good news on the tank eh. I would be spending it on the same thing as another one would be good.
:super:

:lol:

All semantics to me and mine.

We pay the same taxes, pay the same costs, get no handouts, don't qualify for a pensions despite being in the low income bracket (oh, sorry - did some of you think that HBS owners make lots of $$$....:lol:), not entitled to HECS or any other assistance with getting a further education, don't fit neatly into the little pigeonhole for residency or citizenship because I don;t feel like working as a chef anymore (and couldn't afford to apply for citizenship anyway @ nearly $2K per family member - including the young fella who was BORN here but is not entitled to citizenship because WE weren't ....ffs <_< )

All in all, not entitled to diddly f%$&n squat. But we're still here.

Moral of the story, pull your socks up, HTFU and work harder. Smile when the government gives you money, because you're one of the lucky ones.

kiwi, without making an issue of this and getting you angry, could you just explain how you were told it would be "nearly $2 K per family member" to be granted Aus. citizenship?
Something needs to be done about these claims, there could be many New Australians such as yourself that haven`t applied for citizenship because of these outlandish rumours.
{Somewhere in this thread is a PDF re. citizenship costs, hope that helps}

staggalee.

Well,

Hasnt this topic opened up a can of worms.. :huh: Good to see everyone getting it all off their chests.. :angry:

Well you started it.
I don't really think this a good thing at all. Too much personal information.
This is a brew site......lets keep it to making beer and ideas to help each other with that.

Cheers,
Bud
sad.gif

I dont see any difference between this thread and a good conversation between friends getting together for a beer.

This thread was posted in "the pub" and its description it "General Chit-Chat and Brew related questions."

Sounds like chit chat to me.

cheers

University is *almost* useless these days. You can make more as a tradie these days without a $20,000 debt hanging over your head, though if commodities and housing takes a fall then tradies salaries will fall as well.

Giving the money to pensioners and families I think was useless as I thought the aim was to up discretionary spending and if the old people I know are any indication they'll just squirrel it away anyway. The $14,00/$21,000 is useless as well since now every house has gone up by that much. Seems to me it would of been better to let people sell their negative geared homes once things got tough to sort of deflate the market now you're just inflating it again. Wait isn't this how the US got started- overpriced housing?

Anyway cheers Rudd for extending Howard's middle class welfare :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back