Kevin Rudds Home Brewing Bonus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,

Well, wasnt I excited to hear about Kevin Rudds Bonus he is handing out for Xmas, for myself, once I heard about it I had to stop and count all the kids Ive got, shit, only 2 ($1000 per child = $2000).. :D

So considering I wasnt expecting this money (i dont think anyone was), I will be trying to convince my lovely partner for both of us to have $1000 each. If that gets the green light, I will be boosting the Home Brewing economy with my share and purchasing some/alot of goodies.. :beerbang:

Now, I call on all Parents and Pensioners to do the same, keep the Home Brew dream alive... :beer:

How much will you be getting to spend? Nice bonus if you have 4,5, 6 or more children..

Hello all,

Well, wasnt I excited to hear about Kevin Rudds Bonus he is handing out for Xmas, for myself, once I heard about it I had to stop and count all the kids Ive got, shit, only 2 ($1000 per child = $2000).. :D

So considering I wasnt expecting this money (i dont think anyone was), I will be trying to convince my lovely partner for both of us to have $1000 each. If that gets the green light, I will be boosting the Home Brewing economy with my share and purchasing some/alot of goodies.. :beerbang:

Now, I call on all Parents and Pensioners to do the same, keep the Home Brew dream alive... :beer:

How much will you be getting to spend? Nice bonus if you have 4,5, 6 or more children..

Is that only for people under 100K

Rook

That's fantastic for all of you lot still in the breeding programme.

Maybe I can claim it for my grandchild due in about 5 weeks?

What about us self-funded retirees then? We're several houses past the first home buying stage. Kids grown up and left home. Not dependent on you taxpayers for our income. Obviously, Rudd & Co must think we are all so wealthy they can ignore us. But we feel the pain as much as anyone else. Have you seen the price of malt and hops, oh those hop prices, and the way they have gone skywards?

It's not fair, I tells ya. It's a blooming disgrace. Just because we are getting a little past middle age, they think they can ignore us. Well, just you wait Rudd & Co, just you wait. There will be an election coming sometime, and then we'll see whether you should have ignored us.

Unfortunately I don't live in "Struggle Street" so nothing for me either.

Cheers

Paul

yeah doesn't look like there's a lot for non-family/pensioner people, though i'll probably be happy when i eventually get around to buying a house.

not going right into the policy but it seems like, in recent years, there's no incentive for planning for one's retirement, holding off having kids until one's financially sound and buying a house one can afford... but i probably wouldn't be so wingy if i were part of the major voter demographic :lol:

Got me excited initially, but I'll believe it when I see it.

It's all screwed up when your wife works part time as well.

Bluddy Rudd.

Hello all,

Have i missed something?? i have 2 kids and in desperate need of a beer engine and a new surfboard ( well maybe not in NEED, but SERIOUS WANT is close enough ), so that'd be sweet!.

Besides the tax reduction for low income earners given by K-Rudd in July, this bonus has scored me nada.

So much for cashing up Gen-Y.. not like were the future of the country or anything.

Do my fermenters count as children?
I am the proud parent of hungry sextuplets.

Do my fermenters count as children?
I am the proud parent of hungry sextuplets. /quote]

Im sure your partner had a lovely time pushing them out...

On a positive note the bonus to pensioners will provide my pet food stocks a well earnt boost :icon_cheers:

Cheers

PAul

I dont qualify for tax benefit A > no $2000 for me

Just bought a house 2 months ago > no extra $7000 for me there either

No Howard > Priceless

Quick, go home and root yer missus, it'll prolly take em' 9 months to pass it anyway (the money hand out that is :rolleyes: ), sadly i'm only getting the $1000, ATM :ph34r:

That's fantastic for all of you lot still in the breeding programme.

Maybe I can claim it for my grandchild due in about 5 weeks?

What about us self-funded retirees then? We're several houses past the first home buying stage. Kids grown up and left home. Not dependent on you taxpayers for our income. Obviously, Rudd & Co must think we are all so wealthy they can ignore us. But we feel the pain as much as anyone else. Have you seen the price of malt and hops, oh those hop prices, and the way they have gone skywards?

It's not fair, I tells ya. It's a blooming disgrace. Just because we are getting a little past middle age, they think they can ignore us. Well, just you wait Rudd & Co, just you wait. There will be an election coming sometime, and then we'll see whether you should have ignored us.

yeh Warra. The baby boomers have really had it tough over the course. <_<

Try lugging around a 5 figure Uni debt, a mortgage for an outer suburban house that would buy half of inner Melbourne 15 years ago, child care & and the inevitable taxes and lifestyle changes required due to global warming (bought but not paid for by previous generations).

I'm appreciate your predicament, but I am struggling to be sympathetic

I dont qualify for tax benefit A > no $2000 for me

Just bought a house 2 months ago > no extra $7000 for me there either

No Howard > Priceless

that doesn't make sense, but Howard was just as bad with discriminatory vote grabbing bonuses

Bah - not expecting till Feb so will miss out on the xmas hand out and also miss out on the damn baby bonus because it becomes means tested. Why did I come back to Aus and pay all this tax. Should have stayed in the uk earning more, paying less tax, travelling to mainland europe every month for a holiday.

Bah - not expecting till Feb so will miss out on the xmas hand out and also miss out on the damn baby bonus because it becomes means tested. Why did I come back to Aus and pay all this tax. Should have stayed in the uk earning more, paying less tax, travelling to mainland europe every month for a holiday.

Hehe, I know I got EU citizenship for a reason... Less tax, more beer!

Besides the tax reduction for low income earners given by K-Rudd in July, this bonus has scored me nada.

So much for cashing up Gen-Y.. not like were the future of the country or anything.

You're missing an apostrophe there.

Gen-Y breeders are the future, not you childless people.

I get nada from this package either. My Mrs went back to work last year after making three members of Gen Z, so we no longer qualify :( Three gorillas gone begging.

This "throw the surplus to the populous" spending spree is interesting. On one hand, I like it, but once the surplus is gone, it's gone!

Latest posts

Back