First home brew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opening Tip

Reaction score
Hi!
I am very new to the home brewing game. I made my first BIAB last weekend and its sitting in the fermenter as we speak. So as you could imagine, very excited for bottling in the next week or so and drinking after that. Can not wait to see how it comes along.
Basically we try a new craft beer each week at work and try to mix things up al the time because we love beer! So I decided the next thing I could do is brew some. So here I am. I have read a few posts and what not on here and have come away with some helpful tips and information. So just a quick hello and I guess I will keep reading and following to learn some more stuff and get ready for bottling and the next batch!

I am trying to take on all the tips I can find so keep the info coming!

Cheers.

Making your own beer and being able to enjoy and share it, makes it so enjoyable.

Welcome OT, what was your first batch?

A Pale Ale recipe from my Boss that he tried when he was starting out (many years ago). I had so much fun doing it. Took up most of my sunday. Ended up with a sticky mess everywhere when I hadn't quite worked out my pulley system for removing the bag and dropped it. Luckily there was minimal waste!

Fermentation has come along quite well at this stage so I am pretty happy.

I am a winemaker by "trade" so I guess that helps in some ways understanding why things happen and why sterilisation is so important!

Cheers guys.

Welcome Opening Tip.Good luck with the brewing.

Where are the vineyards in Leichhardt?

Haha I am not sure but when I find them I will let you know. I am actually from Mudgee, been here for about 18 months. So its a little bit different! But I am enjoying it here, and even more now I am Brewing!

Latest posts

Back