New Member Introduction

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no1bossman

Reaction score
Been recently researching the craft beer scene in the UK and found this channel Found https://www.youtube.com/@TheCraftBeerChannel. The boys dabble in Home Brewing and they have said that it's helped their appreciation for beer. So I thought bugger this I'm going to give this a go :D After a few weeks of a shit ton of research, purchasing some stuff online and visiting the Hop + Grain Brew Store in Marrickville last Saturday I completed my first 10l BIAB batch from a Simcoe SMASH IPA recipe.

The wort was fermenting like crazy for about a day and has slowed right down this afternoon. As per the recipe, I'm meant to be bottling this Sunday night. I'm going to be being to be using PET bottles as I couldn't source any suitable glass bottles. What's everyone's opinion on PET? I couldn't find much online. For a newbie and if I don't store these for long periods I am hoping I should be fine to not overly oxidize the beer. I'm hoping to source some glass for my next batch.

Having lots of fun so far!

You're fine. The PET bottles are good for most applications. Your beer will last many months in PET bottles. Also don't get too worried about oxidation until you actually do have a problem with oxidation. It's not an issue in most cases.

Latest posts

Back