Weissbier kit recommendations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-A

Reaction score
I like my wheat beers, prefer the German/Belgian/Austrian styles. I'm just wondering what experiences others have had with the various kits, if there's one they prefer over another. I'm likely to go and grab a hoegaarden kit that Mangrove Jacks make but only found it because I saw it on the shelf of a local homebrew store. I don't have full grain capabilities, just a fermenter & bottle setup so far, so please take that into account. Once I get a few successes under my belt I may look to get more gear & therefore control.

First Weissbier brew came out ok, still waiting on it to bottle condition, I'm using a Beerdroid as much due to space issues for now than anything, but at least I get temperature control with it so that will help me a fair bit I suspect. No issues for splitting a can or other kit that would normally do ~22L to do 2 brews in the droid.

Any kits you think I should add to my list to try?

Secondary question, any alternate yeasts or hops to add to go toward the fruity end of the spectrum?

Latest posts

Back