Kevin Rudds Home Brewing Bonus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tip: put $2000 on Weekend Hussler to win Caulfield Cup.
Better advice than current economists who always seem astonished as to the daily results of the stockmarkets.

hahahaha did you actually watch weekend hustlers last race? i'd be wiping my ass with it before putting it on that donkey.

Dolphin Jo on the other hand won its last race nearly from last by heaps and is paying $41 (sportsbet), been around for ages good strong horse, then theres Zagreab and Madelvian...

theres another AHB thread screaming to be let out ;)

You can't solve a macroeconomic issue caused by debts not being paid off by paying off your debts! that's crazy! :p

As crazy as the public believing that increasing 1st. home buyer grants to 14000 will make everything just dandy for people trying to get their first home.

staggalee.

hahahaha did you actually watch weekend hustlers last race? i'd be wiping my ass with it before putting it on that donkey.

Dolphin Jo on the other hand won its last race nearly from last by heaps and is paying $41 (sportsbet), been around for ages good strong horse, then theres Zagreab and Madelvian...

theres another AHB thread screaming to be let out ;)
toiletpaper-money.jpg

Bah - not expecting till Feb so will miss out on the xmas hand out and also miss out on the damn baby bonus because it becomes means tested. Why did I come back to Aus and pay all this tax. Should have stayed in the uk earning more, paying less tax, travelling to mainland europe every month for a holiday.
Because you are a proud and loyal Australian, not a johnny come lately?

Actually, it`s not always a good idea to speak in jest or take the piss on AHB.
For some inexplicable reason it always goes straight over their heads. :rolleyes:

staggalee. :D

Maybe there's just a little too much piss in some of us ??? LOL :huh: Thanks for the hint stagga.

I love my life, and am mighty pleased I can get by nicely without handouts. Oh, and I love my beers too, almost as much as I still love mrs warra.

Kids long gone here,not pensioners yet,so nothing.

If you are given money for children,should this not be used on your children,and no not toys or McDonalds

Batz

2 kids...will be lucky if any goes to homebrew. Paid for xmas tho which is nice.

Thanks ruddy and swanny!

2 kids...will be lucky if any goes to homebrew. Paid for xmas tho which is nice.

Thanks ruddy and swanny!

Spot on
If you can spend it on homebrew you don't really need it.

Batz

If you are given money for children,should this not be used on your children,and no not toys or McDonalds

My six year old only just asked me for a lap top for Christmas... So now I can do that for her! Only fair if I can have a fermenting fridge with the left overs. Or maybe I can get that with the childcare rebate Im due in late October!

Im putting down a brew on Saturday, its 31 degrees today... can't keep up with the ice thing! :angry:

:lol:

All semantics to me and mine.

We pay the same taxes, pay the same costs, get no handouts, don't qualify for a pensions despite being in the low income bracket (oh, sorry - did some of you think that HBS owners make lots of $$$....:lol:), not entitled to HECS or any other assistance with getting a further education, don't fit neatly into the little pigeonhole for residency or citizenship because I don;t feel like working as a chef anymore (and couldn't afford to apply for citizenship anyway @ nearly $2K per family member - including the young fella who was BORN here but is not entitled to citizenship because WE weren't ....ffs <_< )

All in all, not entitled to diddly f%$&n squat. But we're still here.

Moral of the story, pull your socks up, HTFU and work harder. Smile when the government gives you money, because you're one of the lucky ones.

My six year old only just asked me for a lap top for Christmas... So now I can do that for her!

keep the receipt and claim it in next year's tax with the new childrens education rebate !!! Double bonus !

not entitled to HECS
that's a tax. You can have my HECS bill if you like !

Moral of the story, pull your socks up, HTFU and work harder. Smile when the government gives you money, because you're one of the lucky ones.

That's why I'm gunna buy you a beer next weekend, cos, brother, us poor slobs gotta look after each other !

:lol:

and couldn't afford to apply for citizenship anyway @ nearly $2K per family member - including the young fella who was BORN here but is not entitled to citizenship because WE weren't ....ffs <_< )

I thought it was around $250.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1298i.pdf

Still a ripoff, cost me zippo thirty years ago, just had an interview and went to my ceremony with the then Mayor of Maryborough Jock Anderson:

Dae ye promise tae honour the Queen and be a braw wee Aussie Laddie the noo? The couple of Europeans at the ceremony couldn't understand a word :p :p

Well,

Hasnt this topic opened up a can of worms.. :huh: Good to see everyone getting it all off their chests.. :angry:

As I said, I have 2 kids and will get $2000, we live quite comfortably but work F..kin hard (Restaurant Industry). We dont really have a social life, and outside of work its just us and the kids basically entertaining ourself. We hardly ever have any sort of holiday and while for ourselves we dont really need the money, we will be taking it if its given out. Our kids dont miss out on much and I just see it as something that we were not expecting, so maybe some will go in the bank, credit card or buy ourself a nice little treat.

I strongly disagree in the way they(government) do alot of things and by handing money out on dec 8, it will only help a very small portion of the economy, the economy has gotten this way by people spending way to much and the curse of the Real Estate boom years back(paper money)..

I can just see the young ones buying stereos, plasmas, playstations etc etc and the oldies straight down at their local club going hard on the pokies.. :beerbang:

Brazil, explain how the gov. has looked after baby boomers? your so knowledgeable.

I thought it was around $250.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1298i.pdf

Still a ripoff, cost me zippo thirty years ago, just had an interview and went to my ceremony with the then Mayor of Maryborough Jock Anderson:

Dae ye promise tae honour the Queen and be a braw wee Aussie Laddie the noo? The couple of Europeans at the ceremony couldn't understand a word :p :p

Kiwi, that PDF site seems to contradict your claim of thousands of dollars to be granted citizenship in Aus. How come?

staggalee. :huh:

Latest posts

Back