Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au I would like to talk about the size of the hose required the growler spout attachment. Can you please advise?

The hose size should be about 10mm ID. We did get some silicone hose which suits this quite well and can be found in short lengths here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/heavy-duty-silicone-tube-2m-roll-10mm-id-x-15mm-od.html
You could find cheaper vinyl hose but we are trying to phase out all vinyl at the moment due to vinyl containing plasticises.

What ever you do, please do not get rid of your pick up service. It's legitimately great. Genuinely positive feedback regarding this system, and the fact you have one time codes, roller access etc very smart. I like the hand sanitiser out the front, and I must say that all orders I have made are always dispatched very quickly to the lockers. While I may have some gripes about some things related to your company, this was a very smart business move that worked out well. So please, don't ever get rid of it!

Thanks for that kadmium. We appreciate the feedback.

I really do wonder if this is what the forum wants to talk about sometimes. I mean if you guys really want to go over all 2000 or so reviews we are happy to discuss on the forum but I doubt if this is what people are really here to talk about.

I'd like to talk about these things. You're not being honest with your customers. The review is clearly fake and you know it.

I'd also like to talk about all the blog posts you've stolen from Clever Brewing.

Home Brew Keg Dispensing stolen from Kegging 101 - Clever Brewing Home Brew Beer Supplies

https://www.kegland.com.au/blog/post/how-to-get-started-in-home-brewing stolen from Brewing Levels - Clever Brewing Home Brew Beer Supplies

Cleaning and Sanitising - The Key To Great Home Brew stolen from Cleaning - Clever Brewing Home Brew Beer Supplies

https://www.kegland.com.au/blog/post/how-to-make-a-successful-yeast-starter stolen from https://www.cleverbrewing.com.au/brewing-resources/yeast-starters

I'm not sure what Clever Brewing have done to deserve that, maybe you can enlighten us?

Wonder if they got a dodgy web developer and are in way over their heads, or if someone at the company is doing some seriously shady shit directly...

I love that almost 100% of the reviews are by females. We all know we're the few males in this hobby. It also makes me feel sexy and more likely to buy more.

Yes I realise that they are the same company and I assumed that the pricing would be no different to the price we got 2 years ago. I will contact them and get the new price list and service level and see how it compares with the other carries that we use at the moment. If they are better than DFE, Toll, Aus Post and other carries we use then we would be happy to give them a go.

there is only one courier service i dont like with you guys and that Australia Post..

No no no. @kegland promised in another thread they fixed this. Wendy sounds ridgy didge, and I'm sure at 3/5 stars she will buy another for her friend.

Kegland are a ******* joke.
I never realised there were so many female home brewers! I thought they were a minority in our hobby!

Wonder if they got a dodgy web developer and are in way over their heads, or if someone at the company is doing some seriously shady shit directly...
And a dodgy marketing person with those dubiously acquired email addresses for their mailing list...
I've hung a lot of shit on Kegland in the past due to a bunch of issues and experiences, but my most recent purchase ($300 worth of taps, shanks, gas manifold, etc for a new keezer) has really impressed me with their quality being much better than what I'd previously encountered
What still shits me is the shadiness of a lot of their business practices. The half truths, the obvious lies, fake reviews, etc that just constantly puts a bad taste in my mouth
You guys could be knocking it out of the park if you just got that straight.

there is only one courier service i dont like with you guys and that Australia Post..

Yes we have found the non-express service with Australia post seems to be much slower that it was previously. The express service level has dropped a little but during the COVID 19 period we have found all couriers have dropped a little. We will always have to offer Aus Post as an option for customers who have PO Box or are in a regional area but we are looking at some other options as well so we can give you guys a bit more choice in future.

Also keen to know if the 6 tap kegerator is still a thing @KegLand-com-au ?

This is going well. By the end of this year we will get our first shipment if everything goes well. It will probably be about $200 more expensive than the current Series X but hold twice as many kegs so I think it should hit a price point where it will be attractive to most brewers. At the moment it's a fairly big jump up to the Grand Deluxe Models which is why so many people that want to have 8 x 19L kegs end up having to build a keezer.

I know when most people get into kegging they often say "i just need a system to dispense 2 keg" then from this point they realise that 2 kegs is not enough so they get, a couple more, then a couple more etc. Before they know it they have many kegs and multiple fridges and probably what they should have done in hindsight is just got a bigger kegerator in the first place.

We also need to know from you guys if you have any last minute requests for the new Series X plus. All the designs are pretty much finalised and very soon we will not be able to make any further changes so if you have any last minute requests let us know ASAP.

Yes we have found the non-express service with Australia post seems to be much slower that it was previously. The express service level has dropped a little but during the COVID 19 period we have found all couriers have dropped a little. We will always have to offer Aus Post as an option for customers who have PO Box or are in a regional area but we are looking at some other options as well so we can give you guys a bit more choice in future.

@KegLand-com-au i thought as much you would have to offer it... its great that you have other options and i do useother options due to my passion of not liking Aust post...

Yes other freight companies would have dropped off like Aust post by Aust post has taken the cake for dropping the ball..

express post is that such a thing at Australia post anymore? they still charge for express postage but they have suspended priority and express...
3-4 weeks i waited for a delivery from Aust post and was express post... the funny part about this was i placed 2 seperate orders with a company that left same time same driver 1 express post and 1 regular post... it only took 5 days for the regular post to arrive and as said earlier 3-4 weeks for express post.. they tell you its high online orders and covid... but its bullocks.....

direct freight last time i ordered from you guys arrived in 3days and this has been the longest i have had to wait, they are still in the same post as Aust post

so i just avoid Aust Post where i can

Been many years since I've posted on this forum, but have been lurking recently as I want to get back into brewing and get into kegging and can't help but give my 2 cents about what I'm missing when looking at keggerators / keezers.

@KegLand-com-au I don't want a huge amount of kegs, 4 is probably enough, but what I want in the same fridge is space to store other beverages (soft drink, craft beers, wine etc) to free up space in my kitchen fridge. This is where the RAPT fridge looks ideal. I could put some shelves in above the kegs at the bottom to store drinks. However I am not keen on having to drill tap holes into a door on a brand new appliance. What would be great is if you could get it with a door that I could mount taps to without having to drill. The use of vertical space is also nice in terms of floor space. And if I ever wanted more kegs I can use some 9.5L ones.

In terms of a "Series X Plus" that could hold 8 kegs (in the absence of a tap door for the RAPT fridge), what would be great is the ability to put shelving into half of it, so I could have 4 kegs at one side and bottles/cans on shelves in the other side. I don't know how hard or feasible this would be though.

At this point I'm looking at large second hand fridges to get what I want, but I don't have the skills to ever make it as nice as an off the shelf product (and the chance of stuffing it up by drilling into coils / whatever in the process if I tried is high). Plus I am also time poor, so something off the shelf would probably worth the premium to me.

Hey @KegLand-com-au was looking on your site for a helix, found it, but no photos?

1m Helix Coil and Tee (304 Stainless) - False Bottom Replacement for Mash, Lauter, Kettle

Makes it a bit difficult to see what I'm buying! :)
Here's a photo of mine. Sitting in a Guten, so may be a bit different for a Brewzilla due to diameter of vessel but you get the idea.
20200903_004001.jpg

would you consider a priority picking option?

I use the freight finders option and the delivery is usually overnight once collected, but it can take 2-3 days to be picked and sent with some orders. I would pay a bit extra to get the order picked the same day.

I know you prioritise express post orders but when I order a grain bill express post is stupidly expensive and unreliable anyway.

This is going well. By the end of this year we will get our first shipment if everything goes well. It will probably be about $200 more expensive than the current Series X but hold twice as many kegs so I think it should hit a price point where it will be attractive to most brewers. At the moment it's a fairly big jump up to the Grand Deluxe Models which is why so many people that want to have 8 x 19L kegs end up having to build a keezer.

I know when most people get into kegging they often say "i just need a system to dispense 2 keg" then from this point they realise that 2 kegs is not enough so they get, a couple more, then a couple more etc. Before they know it they have many kegs and multiple fridges and probably what they should have done in hindsight is just got a bigger kegerator in the first place.

We also need to know from you guys if you have any last minute requests for the new Series X plus. All the designs are pretty much finalised and very soon we will not be able to make any further changes so if you have any last minute requests let us know ASAP.
A load cell under each keg to monitor weight/remaining beer.

6 kegs would have been fine but I won't complain about 8! Maybe a usb outlet on it somewhere? People seem to be running all kinds of gadgets on their keg fridges these days.

Not sure what you have planned for the gas inlets but having at least 4 sealed inlets for 4 different gas lines would be great.

When will we see a model?

Latest posts

Back