Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New product suggestion - can you source an equivalent to brewers hardware’s quick clean ball valves? See:

https://www.brewershardware.com/1-2-NPT-Quick-Clean-Take-Apart-Ball-Valve.html

View attachment 119007
View attachment 119009
It’s a bloody good simple idea. I don’t clean my valves as often as I should because its a pain pulling them down. And I’m lazy.

This would change all that.

Also a review here: Brewer’s Hardware Quick Clean Take-Apart Ball Valve | Product Review

Thanks for that. We looked at these some time ago but got distracted. We agree. This is a great product idea. I will follow this up.

Thanks for that. We looked at these some time ago but got distracted. We agree. This is a great product idea. I will follow this up.
It'd be great if you were able to be an Aussie stockist for some of their gear, as shipping from the US is horrid
I think it'd be a shame to just be copying products of a small company like them, after the work they've put into them

Last edited:
Yes that is correct. At the moment the express orders and pickup orders get priority picking and are often picked in less than 60minutes. It's really our responsibility to pick and pack orders faster in general. We are sending double the amount of freight now than this time last year.

We are going to continue hiring more staff in the warehouse and also improve some efficiencies internally here in the way we process orders and this will help.

Also if you were receiving slightly longer wait times for us to dispatch orders from June til August this was most likely due to us moving warehouse and not having things setup well so I think you will find faster wait times now. When did you have the order that took 2-3 business days?

The last one was during August so I understand the delays during moving. It was just a grain bill and some yeast. Just from a quick browse in my emails I think there were a few earlier in the year too that were grain bills along with some fittings and cleaning stuff.

The problem is the difference between express post and Freight Finders on my last order was an extra $30 and the speed of delivery isn’t really any different, but the delay is in packing.

Even if I paid $10 for priority picking it would still be half the cost of express post and I would likely get the delivery equally as fast.

Please give us feedback on the kegerator builder.
https://www.kegland.com.au/nukatap-stealth-bomber.html
We had this module installed into the website recently and would like to hear back from you guys. It gives you guys quite a lot of scope to customise the unit. Please let us know if you think there are any changes required.
Hey just some more feedback @KegLand-com-au . when at the end selecting optional accessories, once selected, i am unable to unselect the option i clicked on. so i am forced to refresh the page and re-do the whole build again. having a "none" option is necessary.

1599524733450.png

Also in the keg dropdown option there is no "none" option either. you can press --Please Select-- which removes the kegs but from a consistency perspective all other fields have the none option.
1599524838803.png

It'd be great if you were able to be an Aussie stockist for some of their gear, as shipping from the US is horrid
I think it'd be a shame to just be copying products of a small company like them, after the work they've put into them

No worries. We will try to purchase from them first. If they can supply to us directly at a good price we will use them instead.

We do find sometimes that by the time a product is made in China then shipped to America then sold from America to Australia the price will end up a bit high. If Brewers Hardware had a wholesale distribution arm in China directly that enabled us to purchase directly in China then ship to Australia this would be better but I do not think Brewers Hardware have these types of facilities in China.

Hey just some more feedback @KegLand-com-au . when at the end selecting optional accessories, once selected, i am unable to unselect the option i clicked on. so i am forced to refresh the page and re-do the whole build again. having a "none" option is necessary.

View attachment 119065

Also in the keg dropdown option there is no "none" option either. you can press --Please Select-- which removes the kegs but from a consistency perspective all other fields have the none option.
View attachment 119066

Thanks for that. We are looking into this now. Much appreciated.

A lot of the Brewers Hardware gear has the "wrong" (mostly NPT) fittings, so perhaps it would be better to pursue a partnership/licensing arrangement rather than actually importing their stuff.

If @KegLand-com-au did bring in their stuff perhaps the Tri-clover versions would be better.

@KegLand-com-au

1) With your upcoming Series X Plus, will you be having two single fonts or a modular font?
2) Update with your product that allows dry hopping through a carb cap/tee piece please?
3) Update with your inline digital gauge please?
4) Do you anticipate that your new flow control disconnects will make beer line length obsolete?

If you have the luxury of more floor space the Series X Plus is a great option but it doesn't suit bottles/cans that well as you have to remove all the shelves. Meaning the bottles and cans need to sit on the floor and this doesnt utilise the space above very well. Perhaps what we need is a new shelf wire type that goes into the Series X Plus that gives you some vertical storage specifically for cans, wine bottles etc.
Do you have any info on the ambient temps for this? Would it be suitable for outdoor use in a covered alfresco area in Melbourne?

Regrading the shelving, is it possible you could sell a freestanding shelf/racking unit that fits in the left or right half?

Hello donald_trub. Thanks for raising this. As you may know the previous SEO person that we contracted has been let go and we will not be hiring them again. What we have done is got one of our own staff to re-write these articles. So as far as we can tell this issue is resolved. thanks for the heads up donalt_trub. Please let us know if you see anything else that needs to get fixed up.

Great response, and we(or maybe just I) appreciate your engagement with the community on the forums.

@KegLand-com-au

1) With your upcoming Series X Plus, will you be having two single fonts or a modular font?
2) Update with your product that allows dry hopping through a carb cap/tee piece please?
4) Do you anticipate that your new flow control disconnects will make beer line length obsolete?

The Series X Plus will have two pre-drilled holes on top so you will be able to fit two of these fonts below that are the cheapest option:
Single Font
Double Font
Triple Font
Quad Font

With that said some people may want to use the modular fonts and these are compatible too. The modular fonts are more expensive but some customers like the industrial look of them.

We are working on a number new font designs too that are made from punched steel and in terms of price will be less expensive than the current modular ones but slightly more expensive than the first option mentioned above. They will use a whole new font assembly method that will also make it a bit easier to access the back of the shanks too.

We do have this valve already made. We have a stainless steel ball valve that we are testing at the moment that has two PCO1881 female threads on both sides. This will enable you to put hops into a PET coke bottle, fill the bottle with hops, then open the ball valve to dump them into the lid of a FermZilla. I think this will be available in 1 month or so.
PCO1881 x PCO1881 Female Ball Balve - Dry Hop Device for FermZilla

We have finished the design process and the product is now moved to manufacturing. We are waiting for the injection moulds to get finished. It's likely that these are going to be quite popular as we have already had quite a few people requesting this. I think it hopefully will be available by the end of the year but hard to say exactly. We have been doing a lot of work with digital pressure transducers at the moment and we have some other really cool products that use them too that will be available soon.

I think we will always get people who prefer the simplicity of just using a small ID Beer Line rather than another device. With that said the new FC design will be at a lower price point and accessible to everyone. We are trying to also re-design the poppet mechanism at the same time. Just out of interest do any of you guys ever have the issue of blowing the o-ring out of your poppet when using high gas pressures? We are considering a new better single piece poppet design for both disconnects and ball lock posts.

Do you have any info on the ambient temps for this? Would it be suitable for outdoor use in a covered alfresco area in Melbourne?

Regrading the shelving, is it possible you could sell a freestanding shelf/racking unit that fits in the left or right half?

We will have more info on the Series X Plus soon. Once we have the final product made we will do more testing on it's performance at high ambient temperatures etc. With that said based on our calculations it should be easily able to handle ambient temp of above 40C so it should have no issue in an alfresco area. As long as it's not getting rained on it should handle the chilling no problem outside.

Retarding I think we need to design some new wire shelving types that are vertical as you have suggested. This would give the most flexibility and then you can have kegs one side and bottles on the other side and not need any support pillar that gets in the way of the clear span door opening. This is probably something that we will design down the track. If you guys have particular suggestions on this please let us know.

@KegLand-com-au

Been looking at the bucket blaster for ages and now there is a price drop and it has me concerned as to why. Do you have an updated model coming and are clearing out old stock?

It's always my luck that i buy something and they either the price drops or it gets replaced soon after.

The Series X Plus will have two pre-drilled holes on top so you will be able to fit two of these fonts below that are the cheapest option:
Single Font
Double Font
Triple Font
Quad Font

With that said some people may want to use the modular fonts and these are compatible too. The modular fonts are more expensive but some customers like the industrial look of them.

We are working on a number new font designs too that are made from punched steel and in terms of price will be less expensive than the current modular ones but slightly more expensive than the first option mentioned above. They will use a whole new font assembly method that will also make it a bit easier to access the back of the shanks too.

We do have this valve already made. We have a stainless steel ball valve that we are testing at the moment that has two PCO1881 female threads on both sides. This will enable you to put hops into a PET coke bottle, fill the bottle with hops, then open the ball valve to dump them into the lid of a FermZilla. I think this will be available in 1 month or so.
PCO1881 x PCO1881 Female Ball Balve - Dry Hop Device for FermZilla

We have finished the design process and the product is now moved to manufacturing. We are waiting for the injection moulds to get finished. It's likely that these are going to be quite popular as we have already had quite a few people requesting this. I think it hopefully will be available by the end of the year but hard to say exactly. We have been doing a lot of work with digital pressure transducers at the moment and we have some other really cool products that use them too that will be available soon.

I think we will always get people who prefer the simplicity of just using a small ID Beer Line rather than another device. With that said the new FC design will be at a lower price point and accessible to everyone. We are trying to also re-design the poppet mechanism at the same time. Just out of interest do any of you guys ever have the issue of blowing the o-ring out of your poppet when using high gas pressures? We are considering a new better single piece poppet design for both disconnects and ball lock posts.
Love the dry hop device. For the love of God though, could you get someone to proof read the copy before you post on the website?
i.e. " As show in the phot "

Your website is rife with these errors. It makes it look like someone who has English as a second language has implemented it.

Love the dry hop device. For the love of God though, could you get someone to proof read the copy before you post on the website?
i.e. " As show in the phot "

Your website is rife with these errors. It makes it look like someone who has English as a second language has implemented it.
Yeah, I second this. Write up your script, throw it in Microsft Word, let spell check do its thing, and then copy it across to to your website.

@KegLand-com-au

Been looking at the bucket blaster for ages and now there is a price drop and it has me concerned as to why. Do you have an updated model coming and are clearing out old stock?

It's always my luck that i buy something and they either the price drops or it gets replaced soon after.
Not sure about the price drop, I bought one about a month ago and its great. Pretty simple not sure what could improve on it. Other than the duotight fitting can leak if you're not paying attention. Works great though. I even use it to recirc ice water through my chiller to knock off the last 40 degrees and get it nice and cold.

@KegLand-com-au

No price drop. We are simply manufacturing thousands of these now as we are sending heaps to Europe and America so the price has decreased manly due to the high volumes being manufactured. We have no plans to change the design or release a new model any time soon. It's a really simple design difficult to improve on this product that works well as it is.

Yeah, I second this. Write up your script, throw it in Microsft Word, let spell check do its thing, and then copy it across to to your website.

Thanks for that guys. The copy on our website is not our strong suit. This is now also fixed up. Cheers!

Back