Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aus post is a weird one. I used to live in a rural/regional town, and I never had any issues. Got packages from Sydney in 2 days (express overnight). Now I'm in a metro centre and Auspost takes 5-10 days for regular, or 3-4 for express, despite being in their "overnight delivery network".

They must have been the first to discover COVID19, because regular post has been about as slow as it is now since about 2016.

mate , Aust post wont accept accountability they think they are little perfect angels

i rang my retailer this morning they was more then helpful they are now resending me the same order at there expense and said we are nounder obligation to do so, i agreed with him they shouldnt have to..

Aust post even blamed the sender in which i told the sender about and they guy was furious with Aust post.. i also stated while in victorian restrictions you have lost me as a customer due to aust post.. he said why i said your in stage 4 i am in stage 3 and i cant collect and have to rely on online ordering and your using muppets, i stated they havent lost me , but i just cant rely on aust post so will be waiting till restrictions are liftedto purchase from you guys.

i am starting to avoid retailers that use Australia post or dont offer another option

anyway my orders arrived today and tonight will be doing a pilsner and sunday doing a xpa and will be doing an oatmeal stout on monday as the kegs are bone dry now i have the final parts of the brew
Thats one of the really great things about Keg Land is they have the self serve parcel pickup. Pretty spoiled by it. And they are usually lightning fast.

Usually buy my grain milled through them and its always ready quickly. I just rock up. Put in a code. Find the locker, pop the code in and done. Very handy.

Unfortunately I was after Czech Pilsner yeast, KL all out. Ordered from another store. They posted same day. Express with tracking. Yeast has been sitting in Melbourne distribution centre for 5 days now. Pretty dog shit. I was essentially told too bad so sad.

i've had a hardon for fastway (now aramex) ever since that one time i bought something off ebay at midday and it arrived at 10am the next day
have you tried them?
they're super quick from Brewman going Qld-Mel too.

Yes we have used them in the past. They are quite good for smaller cartons but for large items they are not great and also we had issues with far regional areas where they have to us on-forwarding agents.

Amarex in our opinion are great for metro areas and also for cartons under 20kg. With that said it's been a while since we last looked at them so we will enquire and see if they have increased capacity to handle the larger freight.

Yes we have used them in the past. They are quite good for smaller cartons but for large items they are not great and also we had issues with far regional areas where they have to us on-forwarding agents.

Amarex in our opinion are great for metro areas and also for cartons under 20kg. With that said it's been a while since we last looked at them so we will enquire and see if they have increased capacity to handle the larger freight.

you do realise Amarex is fastway don't you?

Amarax brought fastway..

just had2 parcels throw them and hey was good compared to what fast way was years ago

i've had a hardon for fastway (now aramex) ever since that one time i bought something off ebay at midday and it arrived at 10am the next day
have you tried them?
they're super quick from Brewman going Qld-Mel too.
Fastway are terrible in my experience, though it's been a few years since I used them.

I'm glad that the aus post drivers in my area are thoughtful and leave deliveries in a sensible place, but my local PO is a disaster to deal with (no idea how they get mail out as no-one can find anything when the odd package has to be picked up from the counter).

On the other hand, at my last place most deliveries were left at the bottom of our front stairs in full view of the street, or sometimes in between our garbage bins to be found days later... but the post office counter in the local newsagent was helpful and open weekends!

Unfortunately post & deliveries are one of those necessary public services that doesn't work so well when costs and corners are cut.

Yeah. Sadly its a Czech Pilsner yeast and saaz hops. Will see how it is when it gets here. A week in warehouse temps who knows. Probably fine.

@KegLand-com-au

I have your kegerator (working like a charm for 1 and a half years), just starting to notice issues with the evabarrier and duotight on 2 lines starting to leak and both within weeks of each other. Basically it's an issue of any little bit of sideward or updown pressure and it will fizzle out of the duotight. But that's the nature of long line and a relatively confined space is that it is easy to knock it when pushing in another keg or fiddling with regulator - or containers of hops/yeast coming in and out.

My beer line has a few times, been up against the back plate and frozen, so that might have affected durability of the line or fittings? A bit annoying when that happens, pouring a lovely cold glass of - nothing, might get some conduit for inside the fridge.

Anyway, have just trimmed line and will see how it goes, but it was perfect for a year and half, just peculiar that both went at the same time.

#addendum. Remembered that I originally had stainless barbed ball locks that I swapped to premium mfl with duotights a couple of months back. Maybe I did a size mismatch on fittings/line or something, I'll go and order a set of fittings/line to ensure all bits are working in unison and eliminate any issues introduced by myself.

Last edited:
@KegLand-com-au
Just wondering if you're able to sell the floating diptube assembly by itself instead of with the pressure fermenting lid?
I've got most of the parts to build myself a kegmenter with a corny lid, just needing ball lock bulkhead fittings and the floating dip tube

Well don't I feel silly, I guess it didn't come up because I was searching "Floating" not "Float"

Well don't I feel silly, I guess it didn't come up because I was searching "Floating" not "Float"

I only knew because I had to buy the pressure kit parts separately for my FZ all rounder from my LHBS

ought fastway..
you do realise Amarex is fastway don't you?

Amarax brought fastway..

just had2 parcels throw them and hey was good compared to what fast way was years ago

Yes I realise that they are the same company and I assumed that the pricing would be no different to the price we got 2 years ago. I will contact them and get the new price list and service level and see how it compares with the other carries that we use at the moment. If they are better than DFE, Toll, Aus Post and other carries we use then we would be happy to give them a go.

No no no. @kegland promised in another thread they fixed this. Wendy sounds ridgy didge, and I'm sure at 3/5 stars she will buy another for her friend.

Kegland are a ******* joke.

Previously we had no way to verify the review and any member of the public could write a review and put whatever name they like. This particular review seems to indicate that Wendy purchased the spout for a friend which we cannot fault in any way. As it's a 3 star review it's really not a great review but unless we can determine for sure that this is a false/fake review then we would be reluctant to delete it. I mean it would really make our website look a lot better if we deleted all 3 star reviews as it would lift the overall average but we try to publish all reviews we can and only delete reviews that are incorrect, for the wrong product, fake, malicious, racist, or use swear words. We have been emailed a couple that customers pointed out and these have been fixed. If you have more please email us and it will get fixed also.

The good news is that all new reviews must be from verified members. We are not going to just delete old reviews that we see as genuine though just because they are 3 star, or from a female, or simply don't sound that good.

I really do wonder if this is what the forum wants to talk about sometimes. I mean if you guys really want to go over all 2000 or so reviews we are happy to discuss on the forum but I doubt if this is what people are really here to talk about.

Previously we had no way to verify the review and any member of the public could write a review and put whatever name they like. This particular review seems to indicate that Wendy purchased the spout for a friend which we cannot fault in any way. As it's a 3 star review it's really not a great review but unless we can determine for sure that this is a false/fake review then we would be reluctant to delete it. I mean it would really make our website look a lot better if we deleted all 3 star reviews as it would lift the overall average but we try to publish all reviews we can and only delete reviews that are incorrect, for the wrong product, fake, malicious, racist, or use swear words. We have been emailed a couple that customers pointed out and these have been fixed. If you have more please email us and it will get fixed also.

The good news is that all new reviews must be from verified members. We are not going to just delete old reviews that we see as genuine though just because they are 3 star, or from a female, or simply don't sound that good.

I really do wonder if this is what the forum wants to talk about sometimes. I mean if you guys really want to go over all 2000 or so reviews we are happy to discuss on the forum but I doubt if this is what people are really here to talk about.
I think it's because you yourselves stated that you hired someone to fill your website with 3 star reviews to be place holders. So no, generic, non descriptive reviews that have 3 stars and are from a non verified account don't strike me as genuine. So, if you were really intent on showing that you're only publishing real reviews, you would have removed ALL reviews from your website, and then only allowed the reviews from verified members. Rather, you admitted to posting fake 3 star reviews on your website, then told everyone you had removed them, and now state that 'you can't prove it's fake so we won't delete it' -> So, while it may not be what 'the forum' want's to talk about, it's what I wanted to talk about.

The beauty of an open, public forum is that anyone can express their views. And considering this is the KegLand Question and Answer thread, it appears the most appropriate place to ask why you continue to claim you no longer have fake reviews, when it's more likely than not the case you do. But, in the interest of keeping this thread about the size of a growler tap hose, maybe Fro-Daddy can contact Wendy's friend and ask?

Yes I realise that they are the same company and I assumed that the pricing would be no different to the price we got 2 years ago. I will contact them and get the new price list and service level and see how it compares with the other carries that we use at the moment. If they are better than DFE, Toll, Aus Post and other carries we use then we would be happy to give them a go.
What ever you do, please do not get rid of your pick up service. It's legitimately great. Genuinely positive feedback regarding this system, and the fact you have one time codes, roller access etc very smart. I like the hand sanitiser out the front, and I must say that all orders I have made are always dispatched very quickly to the lockers. While I may have some gripes about some things related to your company, this was a very smart business move that worked out well. So please, don't ever get rid of it!

Latest posts

Back