Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kegland when is your digital e.g. Tilt hydrometer going to be released? Will it be wifi?

Yes absolutely it will be Wifi. One of the major reasons we do not like the Tilt is because it uses Bluetooth. Bluetooth uses very low power which is really the only advantage. Wifi will have shorter battery life and only last max a few months but this is still long enough for a hydrometer.

Hopefully we might be able to finish the hydrometers in 6-8 months. We still have a lot of work to do.

@KegLand-com-au I am planning on using my Series 4 Kegerator as a fermenting fridge and have unfortunately chucked away the plug that would fit the hole for the font. Do you have any spare? Any other options?

It's best if you give us a call. We often have some spare parts here for this type of stuff. They are not listed on our website but I am fairly confident we will be able to fine one in the warehouse.

It's best if you give us a call. We often have some spare parts here for this type of stuff. They are not listed on our website but I am fairly confident we will be able to fine one in the warehouse.
There should be one coming your way, if not already there directfreight absolutely belted my kegerator beyond repair during transport and you guys have picked it up last Wednesday and delivered another one

Direct Freight are an absolutely dogshit company. They damage parcels, run late, drive past without even trying to deliver (and then charge you redelivery fees unless you want to drive hours away to their nearest depot). In fairness to Kegland, they chase them up for you.

Best thing would be to have some sort of warning and put Direct Freight in red on checkout. “Are you sure you want to have a bad time? Click to proceed.”

Direct Freight are an absolutely dogshit company. They damage parcels, run late, drive past without even trying to deliver (and then charge you redelivery fees unless you want to drive hours away to their nearest depot). In fairness to Kegland, they chase them up for you.

Best thing would be to have some sort of warning and put Direct Freight in red on checkout. “Are you sure you want to have a bad time? Click to proceed.”

Hahahaha, yes. They are rubbish.

They impacted my kegerator so bad that they dented the door and it pushed the guard rail that was inside (for the top of the fridge) all the way through the back of the compressor step insulation. The insulation was cracked all the way through to the outside.

I don't know wtf they did to it. They must have dropped it off the truck or something.

Hello all,

Hoping to get some quick info on a recently purchased Kegland FreedomOne Sodastream Adapter Hose MKII.

I tried to set it up into my SodaKing dispenser but am having problems. The pin on the adapter is permanently pressed open (releasing a constant supply of C)2) once it's screwed into the Sodaking dispenser. Is this hose compatible with Soda King dispensers? The CO2 bottles are certainly interchangeable between SodaStream and SodaKing. What is my best option to find support on this issue?

Tried ringing Kegland but the fellow I spoke to wasn't sure.

Anyone use a Sodaking dispenser with this adapter.

And if it is not compatible I will just go and buy a Sodastream. But are they all compatible. There does not seem to be a FreedomOne model for sale anywhere I can see and that is what the adapter is named?

Thanks for anyone who can shed some light.

Also, not in a huge rush as I also bought the adapter that allowed me to refill my two empty 400g Sodaking CO2 bottles and that seemed to work fine.

There should be one coming your way, if not already there directfreight absolutely belted my kegerator beyond repair during transport and you guys have picked it up last Wednesday and delivered another one

Yes sorry about that inconvenience. Probably for you you have found Direct Freight to be not very good but proportionately speaking they have been significantly better than most of the other couriers we have used. Fridges like the Series X fit into a really annoying size where conventional couriers dont like them as they are too large for one driver to deliver but then they are also not economical to ship on pallets and do not fill up standard pallet spaces on a truck well either. We have used Star Track, Toll, Direct Freight, Boarder Express, TNT and really none of them handle these ugly sized cartons very well. With that said you will always have the option of a replacement if a product gets damaged in transit.

They sure do.
You can use the kegerator builder on the website to get a price on the unit and get a freight quote using the shipping quoting tool. (Direct Freight are the shipper)

Please give us feedback on the kegerator builder.
https://www.kegland.com.au/nukatap-stealth-bomber.html
We had this module installed into the website recently and would like to hear back from you guys. It gives you guys quite a lot of scope to customise the unit. Please let us know if you think there are any changes required.

We had this module installed into the website recently and would like to hear back from you guys. It gives you guys quite a lot of scope to customise the unit. Please let us know if you think there are any changes required.

Wrong link provided. ;)

Just went through and did a dummy build, seemed to work well. I couldn't see it there, but maybe offer the option of including a manifold or one-way valve on the CO2 side?

Curious as to why you guys dont allow the regulator to be removed from the package. i have my own and i want to move upto the kegerator and believe me when i say it that every cent counts.

The KL guys seem like reasonable people for the most part, so i'm sure if you gave them a call or sent them a message they might help you out! But just make sure the regulator you have is compatible, etc. And in my opinion, I would buy once cry once, in that work out how many taps you truly need and then save up for it. I went with a triple tap, and it's perfect for those fridges. No point buying a single or double tap, then regretting it and wanting to add extra taps later on down the track.

also look at going the Series 4 fridge to save some spondoolah (not sure if you were) as I have a S4 and am VERY happy with it. ($543) https://www.kegland.com.au/kegerator-series-x-4-for-home-brew-19l-kegs.html

Curious as to why you guys dont allow the regulator to be removed from the package. i have my own and i want to move upto the kegerator and believe me when i say it that every cent counts.

Oops. Sorry about that. This is the correct link for the builder:
https://www.kegland.com.au/kegerator.html

Sorry about that. The regulators are packed in the same box. With that said if you really wanted to bring your own regulator then what you can do is purchase the fridge only:
Series X Kegerator - Fridge Only

Then just add the parts you need.

Yes sorry about that inconvenience. Probably for you you have found Direct Freight to be not very good but proportionately speaking they have been significantly better than most of the other couriers we have used. Fridges like the Series X fit into a really annoying size where conventional couriers dont like them as they are too large for one driver to deliver but then they are also not economical to ship on pallets and do not fill up standard pallet spaces on a truck well either. We have used Star Track, Toll, Direct Freight, Boarder Express, TNT and really none of them handle these ugly sized cartons very well. With that said you will always have the option of a replacement if a product gets damaged in transit.
i've had a hardon for fastway (now aramex) ever since that one time i bought something off ebay at midday and it arrived at 10am the next day
have you tried them?
they're super quick from Brewman going Qld-Mel too.

there is good and bad things about every freight company..

i have a package with aust post express post and i have been waiting 3 weeks , the funny thing is the same day i forgot to order something from this store so i put a regular parcel post in both parcels was despatched and put on the same vechile at the same time

1 has arrived at my place the other is having a vacation in Adelaide

the one that arrived on my door step was the regular post..

i complained a few times but get the same spiel covid 19 is holding it up with the lack of staff...

Austraila post are shockers

I ordered liquid yeast express post from about 22km from my house. Been 5 days and no yeast. There goes $30 in yeast and postage

I ordered liquid yeast express post from about 22km from my house. Been 5 days and no yeast. There goes $30 in yeast and postage

This is my last response from Aust Post

Hi Michael, before my response I've gone through the entire conversation history and two things stand out here. 1. We should have delivered this by now AND 2. You have shown immense patience here. Michael, we're investigating this issue with the delivery centre & such an investigation can take up to 10 business days. I know at this time & age 10 days sounds a very long time, but this time frame is required as multiple sections of the business are involved in this. Also, let you know that at present our express service, next day delivery is temporarily suspended. You can see further details at https://bit.ly/3gzZkwK ~ Ibne.

I didnt put a complaint in until after 2 weeks waiting for express post.. on Monday

so nothing is going to happen for another 10 days.

I have rang my retailer told them of the issues i am having and are sending out the order again free of charge and they are under no obligation to do this as this is not The fault of the retailer but the fault of Australia Post.... I told this retailer Sadly as a result of stage 4 and 3 lock down in Victoria and due to the Australia Post they have lost a customer as i have to rely on on online ordering from them as this retailer is in stage 4 and i am in stage 3 and they are no where in the 5k radius of me this retailer was understanding and seen my point , That Australia Post is effecting not just the reciever but the sender as well and it isnt the retailers fault

having said that this retailer hasnt lost me as a customer as they have done the right thing by me and this wasnt there stuff up.

@kadmium put a complaint in , as they have suspended express post they are still charging you a high premium for express post but cant deliver within reason.... i understand that next day delivery isnt going to happen at the moment but 5 days is fair delivery time considering what you have paid

This is my last response from Aust Post

I didnt put a complaint in until after 2 weeks waiting for express post.. on Monday

so nothing is going to happen for another 10 days.

I have rang my retailer told them of the issues i am having and are sending out the order again free of charge and they are under no obligation to do this as this is not The fault of the retailer but the fault of Australia Post.... I told this retailer Sadly as a result of stage 4 and 3 lock down in Victoria and due to the Australia Post they have lost a customer as i have to rely on on online ordering from them as this retailer is in stage 4 and i am in stage 3 and they are no where in the 5k radius of me this retailer was understanding and seen my point , That Australia Post is effecting not just the reciever but the sender as well and it isnt the retailers fault

having said that this retailer hasnt lost me as a customer as they have done the right thing by me and this wasnt there stuff up.

@kadmium put a complaint in , as they have suspended express post they are still charging you a high premium for express post but cant deliver within reason.... i understand that next day delivery isnt going to happen at the moment but 5 days is fair delivery time considering what you have paid
100% agreed. I ordered yeast and hops with express shipping and ice packs. Estimated deliver was Monday. Got an email today (5 days late) the package has been delayed. Expect it next week.

There goes my order most likely. She told me they won't refund the postage and if it doesn't work out I'm welcome to order again and try my luck (this is aus post)

I didnt contact the retailer because its not their fault, but im pissed I wasted $45 on yeast, hops and shipping.

KL are right around the corner but have no yeast in stock so I was forced to go somewhere else.

Oh well!

100% agreed. I ordered yeast and hops with express shipping and ice packs. Estimated deliver was Monday. Got an email today (5 days late) the package has been delayed. Expect it next week.

There goes my order most likely. She told me they won't refund the postage and if it doesn't work out I'm welcome to order again and try my luck (this is aus post)

I didnt contact the retailer because its not their fault, but im pissed I wasted $45 on yeast, hops and shipping.

KL are right around the corner but have no yeast in stock so I was forced to go somewhere else.

Oh well!

mate , Aust post wont accept accountability they think they are little perfect angels

i rang my retailer this morning they was more then helpful they are now resending me the same order at there expense and said we are nounder obligation to do so, i agreed with him they shouldnt have to..

Aust post even blamed the sender in which i told the sender about and they guy was furious with Aust post.. i also stated while in victorian restrictions you have lost me as a customer due to aust post.. he said why i said your in stage 4 i am in stage 3 and i cant collect and have to rely on online ordering and your using muppets, i stated they havent lost me , but i just cant rely on aust post so will be waiting till restrictions are liftedto purchase from you guys.

i am starting to avoid retailers that use Australia post or dont offer another option

anyway my orders arrived today and tonight will be doing a pilsner and sunday doing a xpa and will be doing an oatmeal stout on monday as the kegs are bone dry now i have the final parts of the brew

Latest posts

Back