It's All Happening-----finally

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought bored peers were the guys at work having to listen to me waffle on about brewing and beer tasting ;) .

Lots of bored peers around Gumpy since I arrived Perry :lol:

P.S. its not 2 storey is it? just wondering...

No Bruce, don't worry it won't come anywhere near the Woodhill Wonderbar :lol:

Double bugger. Just outed myself

At least I'm not a cross dresser.

You are so a cross dresser :lol:

Triple Bugger :lol:

I'm a no-chill, olive oil, fire extinguisher, home-made fridgemate using cross -dresser.

And I shag sheep. :ph34r:

And you suck socks.....:ph34r:

Bite my socks!

5db1b_preview02.jpg

Yeah you're a sock tucker and a cork sorker Sean :lol:

er.....ah......oh the shed...............well another builder is quoting today, the last one sharpened his pencil and managed to get down to just over $30K.

Screwy

Bump!

How's it going Screwy? What's the lastest news?

Chappo

Finally a local who takes things seriously, I have a new contractor/builder. The last contractor came back with his new shaved price, dropped the quote in the letterbox and phoned to say he would call next day to discuss the changes, haven't heard from him in over a week.

New guy spent 3 hours here with his offsiders, using a laser level they worked out the fall and with a planning app they started with what I wanted then turned it on the block every which way, moving bits and retaining walls etc until Bingo, finally a design that met every one of my criteria (thinking now this will be expensive). Block retaining walls, split face block near the house and flat grey down the backyard, big three metre clearance bay for the van and a hobby area with a bar covered area across the front. Surprisingly the quote came in well under the previous contractor who had planned for timber retainers. Told him to go away and sharpen his pencil, indicated where he had overestimated in a couple of areas. Now have a new contract and price, deposit and progressige payment I'm happy. Soon as it's through council I can sit and have a beer of an afternoon watching it being built.

Screwy

I'm happy for ya mate and it sounds like you've finally got someone who knows what he is doing. Local contractors are the go as they tend to not want to shit in their own nest.

Keep us to date Screwy!

Chappo

glad its going forward again for you screwy... what a bloody pita its been ..

cheers

Good to hear Screwy, finally some positive news!! You will be christening your shed in no time!!

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:

Screwy,

Good to see you brewcasting today. :super:

Sorry I couldn't hang around longer and bug you....it would've been fun.

I noticed you had your rig under the pergola still.

I guess this means you haven't got the shed quite up and going yet.

You probably covered this in the session this morning....but how is the shed project going?

When's the trip to Gympie ?

PB

Shed_Construction_Small_2.jpgShed_Construction_Small_3.jpg

After 6 weeks in council, things have finally begun.

Screwy

Screwy! I'm excited. I was only thinking the other day to dig up this thread and see where your at.

WooHoo!! I see a slab and the beginnings of block walls! "Screwed Brewery" here we come.

WARNING!!!!
Don't forget to perform the Roof Wetting Party FFS! Very very man cave ritual! I'm not kidding it's very important stuff... on second thoughts I better come up there when she's done to make sure you do it right otherwise it could disaster! Henno you better come down from up North mate I don't think something this important can be left up to Screwy.

Cheers

Chappo

Enough to give you a hard on hey screwy :lol:

Can't wait till the brew house warming ! :party: :beer: :chug:

Batz

True but so far no-one has suggested adding sugaz to the fill material or the concrete slab......

Cheers SJ

That is because adding sugaz to the slab would have prevented or severely delayed the concrete hydration process.

Back